ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule out?

Well, I have seen nobody write that he is a candidate for Auburn.
A lot of people thought he was hoping for the SC job last year. I don't think they were wrong then, they might not be wrong now. Personally I think he has a great gig at PSU, but the fans might be getting impatient that he can't get by Michigan or Ohio State.

This guy is probably full of Iowa and Wisconsin, but he has said since early October:

1. Trev has had his guy since that time and it is someone that 80 pct of the fanbase would be happy with

2. Mickey is not the guy

3. Rhule was just a smokescreen of sorts.

Again, probably some blowhard full of Iowa, but interesting, nonetheless.

Handle is B1GHuskers

GBR

tenor.gif
I'm always doing that at band practice when my guys attempt to make zingers over the mics lol

A lot of people thought he was hoping for the SC job last year. I don't think they were wrong then, they might not be wrong now. Personally I think he has a great gig at PSU, but the fans might be getting impatient that he can't get by Michigan or Ohio State.
Living in central PA and living with PSU fans I can say with certainty the fans are tired of Franklin losing to those teams. But given the extension Franklin signed recently and that Penn State's program is in better shape than Auburn's I very much doubt Franklin is going to leave for Auburn. Also considering that PSU has a ton of talent coming back next year. Could very well win the B1G and be in the playoff discussion in 2023.

At least link the clout chasing
I'm not necessarily a reddit guy so I don't know how all that works. But there is a coaching speculation thread and there is a dude named GBRLaker that supposedly has called a bunch of different things early because he has an inside source. He was on yesterday after like a year hiatus saying it is Rhule. That's all. I'm new to Reddit, so not going to make myself look like a dumbshit trying to post things. On the dumbshit thing..... Too late... Go look at my score predictions.

I'm not necessarily a reddit guy so I don't know how all that works. But there is a coaching speculation thread and there is a dude named GBRLaker that supposedly has called a bunch of different things early because he has an inside source. He was on yesterday after like a year hiatus saying it is Rhule. That's all. I'm new to Reddit, so not going to make myself look like a dumbshit trying to post things. On the dumbshit thing..... Too late... Go look at my score predictions.
I'm sure he's full of it don't worry.

Reactions: leodisflowers
This guy is probably full of Iowa and Wisconsin, but he has said since early October:

1. Trev has had his guy since that time and it is someone that 80 pct of the fanbase would be happy with

2. Mickey is not the guy

3. Rhule was just a smokescreen of sorts.

Again, probably some blowhard full of Iowa, but interesting, nonetheless.

Handle is B1GHuskers

GBR
= Fickell?
🙏

Have you ever heard the saying you can never go home. Sometimes our nostalgia for the past doesn’t equal the present. He’s not a PSU alum and there has been lots of smoke that he’s unhappy in Happy Valley. He fired his agent after he didn’t get the USC job last year.
Franklin is an idiot...Penn State has amazing recruiting grounds close by with great facilities. He would fail spectacularly in Lincoln.

Nothing has changed IMO regarding Rhule. Was he ever in, is he actually out? Nobody knows the truth other than the immediate parties involved. Rhule could be a smoke screen for all we know.

Franklin is an idiot...Penn State has amazing recruiting grounds close by with great facilities. He would fail spectacularly in Lincoln.
I don’t think he has his sights set on Lincoln. I think he MIGHT be fishing for a longer term contract and a bigger guarantee from Auburn.

Living in central PA and living with PSU fans I can say with certainty the fans are tired of Franklin losing to those teams. But given the extension Franklin signed recently and that Penn State's program is in better shape than Auburn's I very much doubt Franklin is going to leave for Auburn. Also considering that PSU has a ton of talent coming back next year. Could very well win the B1G and be in the playoff discussion in 2023.
It doesn’t prevent his new agent from floating his name to a Auburn. I could be wrong but I would think he would bolt for a longer deal and more money toAuburn. His agent would get a large payday.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRedTed
Sandy Buda probably checks all the boxes - Nebraska born - Knows the High School landscape - River Boat Gambler!

Probably not afraid to rebuild the program from the ground up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT