ADVERTISEMENT

Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayHawk1957

Aug 15, 2015
Iowa fans know all about Nebraska's history. They know it's great, and wish it were theirs.
I think it would do some good to look inside yourselves.....and show some respect. Not just to Iowa, but every team you play. I think this is the major problem with Nebraska's (internet) fan base. You show no respect whatsoever to anyone on the schedule. This leads to hard feelings on both sides and alienation. What say you folks?

Um, not true. We respect Michigan State and like them somewhat. We respect the **** out of tOSU even though we don't care much for their coach or fans.

You boys are invited to cross the river and earn our respect on Friday. No excuses from us should you squeak one out. You absolutely should be favored. I'd be more concerned that Vegas doesn't respect you much. Truth?

I think it would do some good to look inside yourselves.....and show some respect. Not just to Iowa

You might get some respect if you knew how to show it. I hope Nebraska humiliates Iowa and their "aspirations." I feel like you're going to wake up on Saturday with the worst hangover you've ever experienced.

Man we are 5-6 yeah we look at the situation and hate it. I believe we look at yourselves all the time. I for one haven't like the product for years.

Iowa fans know all about Nebraska's history. They know it's great, and wish it were theirs.
I think it would do some good to look inside yourselves.....and show some respect. Not just to Iowa, but every team you play. I think this is the major problem with Nebraska's (internet) fan base. You show no respect whatsoever to anyone on the schedule. This leads to hard feelings on both sides and alienation. What say you folks?

Some of our internet guys are nuts and just look to stir the pot. The majority of fans here and away from this site are respectful of opponents. FWIW the majority of Iowa fans that have come here should practice your advice to Husker internet fans and also be respectful. Many have visited and we have had good chats with. The trolling by some of the Iowa guys is beyond absurd.
I could be wrong but the Iowa fans acting like jerks are probably students. The guys that are a bit older are much wiser and more genuine about the Iowa/Husker series. You could have missed it but I have seen many posts complimentary of Iowa and your season.

Um, not true. We respect Michigan State and like them somewhat. We respect the **** out of tOSU even though we don't care much for their coach or fans.

You boys are invited to cross the river and earn our respect on Friday. No excuses from us should you squeak one out. You absolutely should be favored. I'd be more concerned that Vegas doesn't respect you much. Truth?
Agree 100% Iowa has really done nothing. Have one good fluke year doesn't make you a respectable program. You come out and destroy us at home the respect may start. You now do that over the next 10 years and respect will be earned.

You might get some respect if you knew how to show it. I hope Nebraska humiliates Iowa and their "aspirations." I feel like you're going to wake up on Saturday with the worst hangover you've ever experienced.
This is not wht I meant at all. You turned the original post upside down and made it about you.
Where I grew up, those who WANT respect GIVE respect.

Some of our internet guys are nuts and just look to stir the pot. The majority of fans here and away from this site are respectful of opponents. FWIW the majority of Iowa fans that have come here should practice your advice to Husker internet fans and also be respectful. Many have visited and we have had good chats with. The trolling by some of the Iowa guys is beyond absurd.
I could be wrong but the Iowa fans acting like jerks are probably students. The guys that are a bit older are much wiser and more genuine about the Iowa/Husker series. You could have missed it but I have seen many posts complimentary of Iowa and your season.
Agree completely.
Good post.

Reactions: arf_man
This is not wht I meant at all. You turned the original post upside down and made it about you.

We respect your coach, but not your fan base or team history. We're 5-6, you're 11-0, and you're favored by 2 points. Why would we respect your team? We respect programs with our type of history. We're a blue blood. You're a solid middle tier team. It's not personal. We're having one of the worst seasons I've ever seen, but none of us are trading in our Red for Black and Gold.

Reactions: Redwalla

Iowa will cross the Missouri and show up.
This wasn't the point I was trying to make. You get defensive and make it all about you. Vegas? Formed by criminals & I don't put much stock in what they think.

Those who WANT respect don't spend their time trying to explain to others how they should give it to them.
Why do Iowa fans spend so much time caring about what other people think about them? It's precisely posts like this that reveal your insecurity and guarantee that you will NOT be respected.
Have you heard the national media talk about Iowa? I don't think NU fans are the only people that aren't giving you respect. It's everyone outside of your own fan-base.
Your response should be to go out and SHOW people that you deserve respect. Forget about asking for it. It only comes across as needy.

Reactions: Redwalla
We respect your coach, but not your fan base or team history. We're 5-6, you're 11-0, and you're favored by 2 points. Why would we respect your team? We respect programs with our type of history. We're a blue blood. You're a solid middle tier team. It's not personal. We're having one of the worst seasons I've ever seen, but none of us are trading in our Red for Black and Gold.
I'm not suggesting you switch teams at all. Did you folks treat Oklahoma, your biggest rival back in the day, like you are treating Iowa now? I'd like to think you gave them some respect. I can't speak for all Iowa fans, but that's all I really want.

Our board is full of Iowa fans running their mouths and you think you should come here and tell us to show some respect? There is a reason Nebraska fans are know as some of the best fans in college football and Iowa fans, not so much.

Those who WANT respect don't spend their time trying to explain to others how they should give it to them.
Why do Iowa fans spend so much time caring about what other people think about them? It's precisely posts like this that reveal your insecurity and guarantee that you will NOT be respected.
Have you heard the national media talk about Iowa? I don't think NU fans are the only people that aren't giving you respect. It's everyone outside of your own fan-base.
Your response should be to go out and SHOW people that you deserve respect. Forget about asking for it. It only comes across as needy.
-And when Nebraska joined the B1G, almost ALL the Cornhuskers posters would go to opponents sites, asking them what they thought of the Cornhuskers. Greatest fans, most knowledgeable, etc. Not trying to start a p*ssing match, mind you, but Cornhusker fans did just what you are suggesting Iowa fans are doing. SHOW respect? The Iowa Hawkeye football team is working on that. Work in progress....

I don't wish for Nebraska's history........If I were going to do that, I would wish for Oklahoma's or Ohio State's or Michigan's or Miami's or Florida State's or Alabama's.......but, not Nebraska's......Who cares about history.......I only concern myself with the current year. It's the only thing that matters anyway.......

Our board is full of Iowa fans running their mouths and you think you should come here and tell us to show some respect? There is a reason Nebraska fans are know as some of the best fans in college football and Iowa fans, not so much.
No need to be this way. I'm not attacking you or the Cornhusker program. But a little MUTUAL respect would go a long way. Again, did you folks treat OU fans like this back in the day? I would hope not, I think you both RESPECTED each other.

This guy clearly gets it. No doubt this is the reason why Nebraska fans have such a horrible reputation across the nation.

Last but not least ... with all due respect, Iowa's undefeated magical season ends on Friday. Good day to you, sir.

Reactions: GrayHawk1957
Agree 100% Iowa has really done nothing. Have one good fluke year doesn't make you a respectable program. You come out and destroy us at home the respect may start. You now do that over the next 10 years and respect will be earned.

Please go on and enlighten me on what great heights Nebraska has soared to in the last 10 years. I don't remember Neb being in the top 10 at any point in the last decade. No BCS bowls.

Does 38-17 constitue destruction?

So I took a trip to the Iowa board, first time. And saw threads like "Is Nebraska the worst team we've played" and "the rape house". Very respectful place.

BsUkHUuCAAAeUKP.jpg

Please go on and enlighten me on what great heights Nebraska has soared to in the last 10 years. I don't remember Neb being in the top 10 at any point in the last decade. No BCS bowls.

It's alright to admit that you are deathly afraid that Nebraska's worst team in 50+ years is STILL going to ruin Iowa's magic carpet ride.

Iowa has done "nothing" and we have to destroy you 10 years in a row to earn your respect. Whatever.

This guy clearly gets it. No doubt this is the reason why Nebraska fans have such a horrible reputation across the nation.

Last but not least ... with all due respect, Iowa's undefeated magical season ends on Friday. Good day to you, sir.
And I RESPECT your post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Good day to you as well sir.

Iowa=yawn. Might be a tough game this year, might even get beat. So what. We're going to respect teams we aspire to be like. Iowa isn't one of them.

It's alright to admit that you are deathly afraid that Nebraska's worst team in 50+ years is STILL going to ruin Iowa's magic carpet ride.
Deathly afraid? Hardly. NE will lose on Friday to a much better team. Even if you win, it's win #6 vs our 11. Sorry, just a fact.

Whoa whoa whoa, Hexumhawk. Trying to keep the peace & gain respect. This does NOT help AT ALL.

Iowa=yawn. Might be a tough game this year, might even get beat. So what. We're going to respect teams we aspire to be like. Iowa isn't one of them.
You aspire to be the teams of the mid-90s. Something tells me that's isn't going to happen in a very, very long time.

So I took a trip to the Iowa board, first time. And saw threads like "Is Nebraska the worst team we've played" and "the rape house". Very respectful place.
Those are the students the mod was talking about, probably. If not, gives Iowa a bad name. Keep in mind, people in general don't behave that way unless provoked. Again, not rying to start a p*ssing match. Just FWIW.

I hope all the Hawkeyes feel we are the worst team they faced this year, then after we beat these guys again, they will be ok, maybe the Hawkeyes aren't that good since a crap team like the Huskers beat them, who was 5-6. If you guys where 11-0 while beating a few top 10 teams on the way, you guys would get more respect. You guys can try and down play our schedule all you want, but you guys have played a weak schedule and yes won your games, but then again you where suppose to win all your games you played, you guys done nothing special, just what your suppose to do. If i was a Hawkeye fan, id be praying your football team isn't viewing these Huskers the same way SOME of you guys are, if so they will take the Huskers lightly and will get blown out. Despite our record, right now we are playing the way we where suppose to from the beginning. As of right now, we coukd hang and beat almost any team in the country.

Iowa has done "nothing" and we have to destroy you 10 years in a row to earn your respect. Whatever.
Your last undefeated record was 1921. Your last National title was 1958 I believe.Last outright conference championship was 1985. Ranked 66th in all time wins. So yeah you need to earn it as previously stated

Sorry about the other "Hawkeye fans" jumping in here.
But, once again, did Nebraska treat Oklahoma like this back in the day? I thought there was mutual respect there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT