ADVERTISEMENT

Remember, most of these are riley's players...

They are all Frost’s players now. Smiling Mike cratered things, no doubt there, but Frost failed to recognize the issues and failed to correct the issues. Needed an infusion of talent and hasn’t brought in the kids that have unseated the players that aren’t getting it done.

I'm done blaming Riley. Frost and his staff are getting out-coached every single week. I'm not calling for Frost to be fired - because that would be beyond stupid. But these millionaires need to get A LOT better at their jobs. They are among the worst coaches in the B1G. Tell me who is worse? Maybe Maryland and Rutgers. Maybe.

Scott's players haven't been much better if any better at all. A lot of the more highly rated guys have already been chased off. This class better get some big commits, because as it stands right now it is nowhere near good enough.

I can't say anymore,you all watched the game,make your determination on where they are as a team.

I'm done blaming Riley. Frost and his staff are getting out-coached every single week. I'm not calling for Frost to be fired - because that would be beyond stupid. But these millionaires need to get A LOT better at their jobs. They are among the worst coaches in the B1G. Tell me who is worse? Maybe Maryland and Rutgers. Maybe.
maybe, we haven't played them yet

Scott's players haven't been much better if any better at all. A lot of the more highly rated guys have already been chased off. This class better get some big commits, because as it stands right now it is nowhere near good enough.
wandel

You gotta adapt to what you have. If you don't, you'll fail. A loser mentality is saying "oh it's so and so's player, not mine". A winning mentality makes no excuses as to how a player got there but that they're a part of our team. A true coach adapts to their player's strengths and adjusts to their weaknesses. They don't just have a system and run it regardless of fit.

They have been Frost’s players for a year and a half
Fan base has been more than understanding given the product that gets trotted out there
Undisciplined after a year and a half is unforgivable. Riley is not an excuse or rational comment considering the plain eyeball test
Lost at Purdue to a backup qb, linebackers trailing Purdue’s playmakers all over the place again. Guys occupying a single gap on defense, crashing down, bad eye discipline. Not setting the edge. Same stuff getting you beat week after week is on the coaches to work around weaknesses
I’m seeing a serious lack of adjustments and that’s on the coaches this late in the year

Wonder how many players transfer out now that they know their HC is a fraud and they won't be developed or have a shot at winning anything here.

we are just a few dropped passes, a few mis thrown balls, a few missed blocks, a few penalties, a few missed tackles, a few misdirection mistakes, and a few allowing the qb forever to pass...away from winning these games

Can’t wait for Frost to get his players in here so we can get to six wins.

Also, there is no building taking place. Open your eyes.
I know you are joking but be careful what you wish for, it could be 2 wins instead. We had more Riley players last year and looked a lot better.

They are all Frost’s players now. Smiling Mike cratered things, no doubt there, but Frost failed to recognize the issues and failed to correct the issues.
Or he did recognize it and that's why he asked for 7 years and $5mil because he knew it was gonna be an ugly and slow process, who knows.

Then Frost should play his recruits! You can't blame Riley's recruits if you don't hold them accountable.

Purdue played almost all freshmen and sophomores today, largely because of injuries. Frost should be doing the same.

we are just a few dropped passes, a few mis thrown balls, a few missed blocks, a few penalties, a few missed tackles, a few misdirection mistakes, and a few allowing the qb forever to pass...away from winning these games
Yeah, from beating teams like Indiana and Purdue, not very good or elite teams.

Are you Jarvis Redwine that I watched kicking ass? Then you know this is not acceptable.

rome wasn't built in a day
Tired of this narrative. NE has the superior talent....use it properly. Purdue is dealing with a significant amount of injuries. Do you believe this is the team they imagined coming into this game? They adjusted and schemed to the talent on the field. Frost needs to take responsibility for the product on the field and stop with the excuses.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Or he did recognize it and that's why he asked for 7 years and $5mil because he knew it was gonna be an ugly and slow process, who knows.

If he recognized It he’s fooled everyone, not bringing in jucos or impact transfers, spouting off about being close and really good. Scott has looked lost and over his head, he spouted off about having players who respected women and then kept Washington on the team. He talked about how yelling at players wasn’t his style, now he’s saying he should yell at them. He’s calling out kids for wearing hoodies when he’s wearing one himself.

I want Frost to succeed, but he’s got to fix himself and his staff first.

rome wasn't built in a day

“They’re our players. What do you mean ‘their players?’ The minute you sign a contract, they’re your players. You didn’t choose me, I chose you. You’re mine, absolutely. I love you, and I’m going to kick the shit out of you, and we’re going to do it right…[Blaming players] drives me insane.” - Urban Meyer

“They’re our players. What do you mean ‘their players?’ The minute you sign a contract, they’re your players. You didn’t choose me, I chose you. You’re mine, absolutely. I love you, and I’m going to kick the shit out of you, and we’re going to do it right…[Blaming players] drives me insane.” - Urban Meyer
Frost's first problem when he took over was dissing the existing players and creating an "us vs them" mentality in his own player base. He has continued that trend this year.

That best thing a new, young HC can do to have success is surround themselves with experienced assistants. Frost decided to go the friend route. Doesn't usually work out well.

I could be wrong, but it seems as if Riley has beefed up and put in some red hair plugs because from what I have seen this year, it would appear that he is still coaching the team. Don't see much of a difference. The dude is still making an impact on this team much like Elvis did on rock and roll in 1956.

I could be wrong, but it seems as if Riley has beefed up and put in some red hair plugs because from what I have seen this year, it would appear that he is still coaching the team. Don't see much of a difference. The dude is still making an impact on this team much like Elvis did on rock and roll in 1956.
We may actually look worse.

Reactions: Chuck003
Fine excuse against the better teams in the league, but Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota are not very talented teams. All of those coaches are in Y3 or less. Other coaches make better adjustments out of halftime. Game management is piss poor. Sloppy play in every phase. It's more than just a talent issue.

Frost needs time but he needs to look at his program and make some changes.

Reactions: BroskiRed and nu2u
Can we please get an expiration date on blaming all of Frost's shortcomings on Riley? Is it two more years? Three? How many times can Frost lose to teams like Indiana at home before it becomes his fault?

wait Frost took UCF a team with G5 level talent to a 13-0 record and a win over #6 Auburn in year two W/O his recruits,
Nebraska has P5 level recruits
2015 class ranking #31
2016 class ranking #24
2017 class ranking #20
2018 class ranking #21
those are far better than what UCF had, sorry but its not the players that are the problem but this a coaching problem. as those classes = the upperclassmen.

Fine excuse against the better teams in the league, but Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota are not very talented teams. All of those coaches are in Y3 or less. Other coaches make better adjustments out of halftime. Game management is piss poor. Sloppy play in every phase. It's more than just a talent issue.

Frost needs time but he needs to look at his program and make some changes.

You have no player on defense as talented as George Karlaftis .. and if Moore played on offense the same would be true.., as it was with David Bell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT