ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Recruits for NU ?

Jordan strikes me as a project with very nice measurables. I only saw one highlight video of his but he looks like when the big brother plays his little brother and his friends in that you really can't tell how good he is because the attempts to block him are so awful. You don't know if he makes kids look that bad because he's that good or they're just garbage and he's a freak athlete.

The very late warmup in his recruiting suggests it's the latter. BUT, you can't teach length and talent and you can teach technique and lifting. So I have no problem with taking a crack at a kid like this who could turn into a real threat off the edge with a few years to develop.

Khalil Mack went to Buffalo after all, and now he throws NFL LTs on the ground with one arm while turning the corner. I don't want the staff signing an entire class of guys they're trying to say fell through the cracks and we see something nobody else does. But I'm cool with a handful of them once the big fish are in the boat.

WOW Dylan Jordans film is unreal. I want to present something I like to call locational bias. I live in south florida..and I am 100% sure that if this kid lived in south florida he would have 30 offers and would be a 4 star at minimum! On rivals it shows him with a verified 4.50 flat! Another article has him as a 10.8 100 m! These are phenomenal times for an outside lb. Frost again, finding 5 stars on sale. This kid is at a discount bc he is from Pittsburgh Kansas.
Your theory is amazing, but for every diamond that is found there a millions of lumps of coal. Not saying these guys were failures, but I remember 25 posts when we got these guys that are just like yours posted above. They did absolutely jack squat for our football team...

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

You watch their film they look like men amongst boys as well, but it obviously did not transfer to the next level.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Jordan strikes me as a project with very nice measurables. I only saw one highlight video of his but he looks like when the big brother plays his little brother and his friends in that you really can't tell how good he is because the attempts to block him are so awful. You don't know if he makes kids look that bad because he's that good or they're just garbage and he's a freak athlete.
This is how I feel about Eugene Asante's film. He's 6'1" 215lbs and yet he's bigger than 90% of the linemen he goes up against.

Khalil Mack went to Buffalo after all, and now he throws NFL LTs on the ground with one arm while turning the corner. I don't want the staff signing an entire class of guys they're trying to say fell through the cracks and we see something nobody else does. But I'm cool with a handful of them once the big fish are in the boat.
And Mack didn't even play high school ball in BFE either. He was up the road from Miami in Florida, but was a 2 star with only one offer. Sometimes kids just fly under the radar. If they have the measurables though, might as well take a shot if you think there's a chance it'll pay off.

After an interview with Husker online's own, it appears until very recently there was no chance of him qualifying. Even after what he called a great senior year for grades (all A's and B's) he will graduate with a 2.3 GPA. Apparently he is now academically qualified but it sure sounds like it was by the skin of his teeth.
Explains why the lack of offers. With his measurables, he's going to get more offers.

how many over is Nebraska going to go over the 25 limit they already have. or is Frost going the SEC route into Recruiting over the set limit of 25?
to get all these would mean they would have to take 30-31 in this class,

I hear we'll be signing 47 kids this year, and ramping up to 62 next year. And oh, on that SEC thing...it's only breaking the rules if you believe it to be breaking the rules. Just remember...it's not a lie if you believe it.

Hard to believe both KU and KSU would pass on an in-state kid if he was legit. It's not like either of those programs are loaded with talent and killing it on the recruiting trail (they are 99th and 83rd in recruiting currently). He does not play against a high level of competition (4A in Kansas is like C1 in Nebraska), so I'm not sure a short highlight film tells us a whole lot.

Maybe he'll get a bunch of late offers from P5 schools, but something isn't adding up here. I'm guessing he is our backup backup plan if we can't land any of the other OLBs on our board.

Pittsburgh High is Class 5A, and has an enrollment of 911 in 9-12. That would be Class B in Nebraska.

Iguess different coaches treat signing players differently
Iowa will have 5 enrolling in the 19 class and look to be taking 22-23 at max.

it is because of this that class rankings will favor Nebraska. there is a huge difference between signing 30-31 recruits vs 22-23 recruits.

it is because of this that class rankings will favor Nebraska. there is a huge difference between signing 30-31 recruits vs 22-23 recruits.
Right that’s why, even though Rivals only counts the 20 highest rated recruits for the team ranking. Has nothing to do with Nebraska having 8 4-stars and Iowa having Zero.

We will have a much higher ranked class than Iowa...simply because we are getting more highly ranked players than Iowa. It will have nothing to do with having 25+ players, because Rivals only counts the 20 highest ranked players in a recruiting class toward the Rivals' ranking.

Right that’s why, even though Rivals only counts the 20 highest rated recruits for the team ranking. Has nothing to do with Nebraska having 8 4-stars and Iowa having Zero.
^^This^^
Class size matters earlier in the year in terms of rankings. Once end of the year rolls around, teams almost all have ~20 commits or more, and it's the best 20 commits that matter. Right now, of the rivals top 30 ranked teams, only 5 have under 20 commits. So then it's about points awarded for the quality of player. Auburn is ranked 15th with only 17 commits, because they have two 5 stars and nine 4 stars. Penn State is 10th with only 18 commits. Iowa however is 38th because of the 20 commits currently, they have zero 5 stars and zero 4 stars.

Nebraska has potential to move up a lot. Especially if we luck out and get Gates, his cousin, and Njoku. That's three more 4 stars along with the top 150 bonus points for Gates, and if a couple of our existing commits like Benhart and Newsome get re-graded to 5.8's instead of 5.7's, then we could possibly move up 4-6 spots when it's all said and done. Whether that happens or not is a whole other story, but the potential is there.

Desperate? He knows that he needs an OLB in this class, and this guy may not be his first choice, or second, but watch his film. He can move, and he doesn't dick around on the field. I like it. "Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder, does not have any other Power Five conference offers. He runs the 100 and 200 meters in track, with a 11:07-second time in the 100 and 22.71-second time in the 200 as personal bests, according to Athletic.net." Linebacker.

Hard to believe both KU and KSU would pass on an in-state kid if he was legit. It's not like either of those programs are loaded with talent and killing it on the recruiting trail (they are 99th and 83rd in recruiting currently). He does not play against a high level of competition (4A in Kansas is like C1 in Nebraska), so I'm not sure a short highlight film tells us a whole lot.

Maybe he'll get a bunch of late offers from P5 schools, but something isn't adding up here. I'm guessing he is our backup backup plan if we can't land any of the other OLBs on our board.
Be real - if KU and KSU don’t have interest - he’s probably amazing. Neither of those schools know anything about talent, development, or building a great roster...

After an interview with Husker online's own, it appears until very recently there was no chance of him qualifying. Even after what he called a great senior year for grades (all A's and B's) he will graduate with a 2.3 GPA. Apparently he is now academically qualified but it sure sounds like it was by the skin of his teeth.
It was definitely grades. He made an amazing comeback to get qualified.

Your theory is amazing, but for every diamond that is found there a millions of lumps of coal. Not saying these guys were failures, but I remember 25 posts when we got these guys that are just like yours posted above. They did absolutely jack squat for our football team...

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

You watch their film they look like men amongst boys as well, but it obviously did not transfer to the next level.
That Mason Wald deal was weird. Bo's first class. As I recall, he was a package deal with a RB named Justin Rogers that Watson really wanted. They both went to the same HS, somewhere in Alabama. They both quit after the 2008 season. Wald mostly rode the pine at Samford after he transferred. That recruiting class sucked. It was #30 in Rivals, but 2/3s never contributed.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Souder had some issues that if he could have worked through, he could have been somebody. He was one of the best players UNO had. He was just crazy.

Reactions: cubsker

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Is this the player hater’s ball?

CmiHRxDUkAE85HP.jpg

Desperate? He knows that he needs an OLB in this class, and this guy may not be his first choice, or second, but watch his film. He can move, and he doesn't dick around on the field. I like it. "Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder, does not have any other Power Five conference offers. He runs the 100 and 200 meters in track, with a 11:07-second time in the 100 and 22.71-second time in the 200 as personal bests, according to Athletic.net." Linebacker.
2019 OLB/ATH to Recruit: Dylan Jordan of Pittsburg HS. One of the biggest freak athletes for size in KS. 6'3" 215. 10.87 100, 22.5 200, 49.7 400, 4.5 range 40.

Last edited:
^^This^^
Class size matters earlier in the year in terms of rankings. Once end of the year rolls around, teams almost all have ~20 commits or more, and it's the best 20 commits that matter. Right now, of the rivals top 30 ranked teams, only 5 have under 20 commits. So then it's about points awarded for the quality of player. Auburn is ranked 15th with only 17 commits, because they have two 5 stars and nine 4 stars. Penn State is 10th with only 18 commits. Iowa however is 38th because of the 20 commits currently, they have zero 5 stars and zero 4 stars.

Nebraska has potential to move up a lot. Especially if we luck out and get Gates, his cousin, and Njoku. That's three more 4 stars along with the top 150 bonus points for Gates, and if a couple of our existing commits like Benhart and Newsome get re-graded to 5.8's instead of 5.7's, then we could possibly move up 4-6 spots when it's all said and done. Whether that happens or not is a whole other story, but the potential is there.
getting more than 20 means the lower rated recruits points are removed and the higher rated recruits are put in

as for Iowa's recruits these are the 4*'s by 247 and ESPN
OL Miller 247 and ESPN
OL Endres 247 and ESPN
LB Jacobs 247 the 4th US Army AA now called the AA Game.
this years class is replace out going RSSR's of that 2014 that was rated 59th. so far the ratings look like this
Rivals no 3*'s 38th
ESPN 2 4*'s 35th
247 3 4*'s 37th

going from a class that was rated 59th and a class that is 35th to 37th is a major improvement. from 22 to 24 spots.

not bad for a staff that has been together for just 1 year. can't help that Rivals treat 3 Former NFL Coach like total moron's that can't Identify college level talent, to bring you up to date
2017 these were the top players that graduated
2* JR CB Jacksons a 1st year starter 1st Team AA
2* RSJR MLB Jewell who started his 1st games as a RSFR and never lost the starters job 1st Team AA
2* OLB Niemann played as a true FR and ended up a 3 year start
walk on WLB Bower a 3 year starter

just this year TE Hockenson was a 2* who started as a RSFR then as a RSSO 1st AP Team AA Mackey Award winner

TE Fant was just a 3* and he ended up a 3 year starter and 3rd Team AA.

doesn't say much about Rivals rankings now does it.

getting more than 20 means the lower rated recruits points are removed and the higher rated recruits are put in

as for Iowa's recruits these are the 4*'s by 247 and ESPN
OL Miller 247 and ESPN
OL Endres 247 and ESPN
LB Jacobs 247 the 4th US Army AA now called the AA Game.
this years class is replace out going RSSR's of that 2014 that was rated 59th. so far the ratings look like this
Rivals no 3*'s 38th
ESPN 2 4*'s 35th
247 3 4*'s 37th

going from a class that was rated 59th and a class that is 35th to 37th is a major improvement. from 22 to 24 spots.

not bad for a staff that has been together for just 1 year. can't help that Rivals treat 3 Former NFL Coach like total moron's that can't Identify college level talent, to bring you up to date
2017 these were the top players that graduated
2* JR CB Jacksons a 1st year starter 1st Team AA
2* RSJR MLB Jewell who started his 1st games as a RSFR and never lost the starters job 1st Team AA
2* OLB Niemann played as a true FR and ended up a 3 year start
walk on WLB Bower a 3 year starter

just this year TE Hockenson was a 2* who started as a RSFR then as a RSSO 1st AP Team AA Mackey Award winner

TE Fant was just a 3* and he ended up a 3 year starter and 3rd Team AA.

doesn't say much about Rivals rankings now does it.
And yet Io_a still sucks

^^This^^

There are still around 80 4*+ players unsigned, so keep in mind that other schools will improve as well, and other school's players will also get re-graded.

And yet Io_a still sucks
yet the went 9-4
since the staff started to get overhauled they have done this
2015 12-2 8-0 BT
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4
2019 the higher rated classes after a 3 year stretch in the 50's will be fully integrated into the team.

not a bad winning stretch considering recruiting classes that were these 53rd, 59th and 58th. just think of what KF will do with classes ranked that were these, 42nd, 40th and 40th.

yet the went 9-4
2015 12-2 8-0 BT
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4
2019 the higher rated classes after a 3 year stretch in the 50's will be fully integrated into the team.

not a bad winning stretch considering recruiting classes that were these 53rd, 59th and 58th. just think of what KF will do with classes ranked that were these, 42nd, 40th and 40th.
Yeah your right. Im excited.. can you please..please come back and tell us how things are going? Dont leave anything out about how you 42 43 44th ranked class does .We are excited for iowas future..

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Yeah your right. Im excited.. can you please..please come back and tell us how things are going? Dont leave anything out about how you 42 43 44th ranked class does .We are excited for iowas future..
so far the 19 class is at best rated 35th and at worst is 38th
that #42 class had 4 AA's in it. thank you very much.
it makes it interesting to see how the #40, #40 and now the 19 class will do.
8-5 then 9-4

We need a few 5 star and a lot of 4 star recruits to come here. Not 2-3 star recruits (development type player) if are going to get to the title game. Scott needs to work his magic and get the premier athletes to come to NU. Hopefully in 2020 and 2021, we’ll see what he can get.

yet the went 9-4
2015 12-2 8-0 BT
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4

He won't do any better, dork. Pound sand and stay on your own board.

I will love to have
RB Dedrick Mills
OL Desmond Bland
S Noa Pola-Gates
DL Matthew Pola-Moa
WDE Steven Parker
OLB Dylan Jordan
RB John Bivens
ILB Eugene Asante
CB Jamal Starks
will be nice have Charles Njoku but no visit date for him yet..

Yep if one low ranked class puts out some good players, it means they all will.
thing is the RSSR's class was rated #59. the ones leaving early class was rated #42. right now the 19 class is rated in the 35-38 range by all the rating services,

Also KF's is known for being one of the best at developing players. since he has been the HC before the 2018 draft there were 33 2* players drafted by NFL teams.
the last 2 seasons these were the 1st Team AA's
CB Jackson
MLB Jewell
TE Hockenson

it is going to be interesting to see how the 4* and 3* recruits turn out.

Last edited:
He won't do any better, dork. Pound sand and stay on your own board.
why your own posters flood the Iowa board constantly. this is what KF has done in his 20 years
5 top 10 finishes
2 top 25 finishes besides the top 10
making it 7 times in the top 25
2 8-0 BT finishes
2 BT Championships [shared]
1 BT West Title
7-7 in bowl games
4-4 vs SEC teams in bowl games
KF 4 time BT COY
1 time National COY
3 LOSING seasons
1st season 1-10
2nd season 3-8
2012 4-8
6 wins or more 17 times.

KF has done pretty good with less talent. to think he won't do better with better talent is wishful thinking going forward.

PS they only had 2 6 win seasons.

Reactions: kwicasso
why your own posters flood the Iowa board constantly. this is what KF has done in his 20 years
5 top 10 finishes
2 8-0 BT finishes
1 BT West Title
7-7 in bowl games
KF 4 time BT COY
1 time National COY
3 LOSING seasons
1st season 1-10
2nd season 3-8
2012 4-8
6 wins or more 17 times.

KF has done pretty good with less talent. to think he won't do better with better talent is wishful thinking going forward.

Looks like a lot a participation trophies to me. Just saying.

Looks like a lot a participation trophies to me. Just saying.
call it what you will but they were done with recruiting avg ranking of 45.7
the last 4 classes avg'd 39.75 almost 7 spots higher. also this is the longest stretch of this level of recruiting since KF has been the HC. the last 4 seasons of 12-2, 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4 is 2nd only to these years 37-16
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
38-11
even 2001 they went 7-5
and in 2014 they went 7-6.

so this is pretty close in results from Kirks early years to the last 5 years.

now if Kirk had not overhauled his staff I would agree on them going backward but they are not going backward because of the new hires. even the walk on are improving, getting a JUCO WR AA in Easley in the 2017 class. this year they got a JUCO AA LB and a 3* OL.
the other walk on they used to get on scholarship when trying to finish their recruiting.

sorry but saying Iowa is going to take a step backwards is just wishful thinking.

call it what you will but they were done with recruiting avg ranking of 45.7
the last 4 classes avg'd 39.75 almost 7 spots higher. also this is the longest stretch of this level of recruiting since KF has been the HC. the last 4 seasons of 12-2, 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4 is 2nd only to these years 37-16
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
38-11
even 2001 they went 7-5
and in 2014 they went 7-6.

so this is pretty close in results from Kirks early years to the last 5 years.

now if Kirk had not overhauled his staff I would agree on them going backward but they are not going backward because of the new hires. even the walk on are improving, getting a JUCO WR AA in Easley in the 2017 class. this year they got a JUCO AA LB and a 3* OL.
the other walk on they used to get on scholarship when trying to finish their recruiting.

sorry but saying Iowa is going to take a step backwards is just wishful thinking.

Rivals had an Iowa board if I'm not mistaken. I would assume that you could find people interested in every detail of your program there, and you probably won't have to try so hard.

Rivals had an Iowa board if I'm not mistaken. I would assume that you could find people interested in every detail of your program there, and you probably won't have to try so hard.
And they would actually be willing to believe what he’s saying.

5 top 10 finishes
2 8-0 BT finishes
1 BT West Title
7-7 in bowl games
KF 4 time BT COY
1 time National COY
3 LOSING seasons
1st season 1-10
2nd season 3-8
2012 4-8
6 wins or more 17 times.

I think Christian McCaffrey just scored again.

His younger brother is a commit our ours...

5 top 10 finishes
2 8-0 BT finishes
1 BT West Title
7-7 in bowl games
KF 4 time BT COY
1 time National COY
3 LOSING seasons
1st season 1-10
2nd season 3-8
2012 4-8
6 wins or more 17 times.

Suckcess, iowa style. Nobody cares but you and a few other of your dork boy posters .

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
yet the went 9-4
2015 12-2 8-0 BT
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4

That run gets any nebraska coach fired...probably even Frost if he is in year 10+...Ferentz has you guys by the balls...Iowa could have been great but were sold on the fact that Ferentz is the savior...lazy staff that lacks creativity and falls on their S&C to build because they don't want to go in a compete in recruiting against the best teams in the country. S&C is supposed to work in conjunction with great talent, not overcome average talent. And I suppose you will come out and point how many Hawkeyes are playing in the NFL...THAT SHOULD BOTHER YOU. To have that many NFL starters and have nothing to show for it..shows that you had talent but a coach who couldn't manage it.

so far the 19 class is at best rated 35th and at worst is 38th
that #42 class had 4 AA's in it. thank you very much.
it makes it interesting to see how the #40, #40 and now the 19 class will do.
8-5 then 9-4
Damn it, you know we’ve fallen here the last bunch of years when people come here to brag up #35 recruiting classes and 8-5 records...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT