ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Recruits for NU ?

Do they change the name of this board when there are more Iowa fans posting here than Nebraska fans? We gotta be getting close.

Reactions: headcard
call it what you will but they were done with recruiting avg ranking of 45.7
the last 4 classes avg'd 39.75 almost 7 spots higher. also this is the longest stretch of this level of recruiting since KF has been the HC. the last 4 seasons of 12-2, 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4 is 2nd only to these years 37-16
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
38-11
even 2001 they went 7-5
and in 2014 they went 7-6.

so this is pretty close in results from Kirks early years to the last 5 years.

now if Kirk had not overhauled his staff I would agree on them going backward but they are not going backward because of the new hires. even the walk on are improving, getting a JUCO WR AA in Easley in the 2017 class. this year they got a JUCO AA LB and a 3* OL.
the other walk on they used to get on scholarship when trying to finish their recruiting.

sorry but saying Iowa is going to take a step backwards is just wishful thinking.

Who cares what Iowa does or any other team in the Big Ten West team does. We need to be recruiting like teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, OU, Texas A&M, Texas, and etc. For us to win, Scott needs to pull in top 10 class starting next year. If he can’t he needs to be around 10-15 range with good coaching. I wish we were still in the Big 12. We took a hit with recruiting in some states when we moved over. Even though the Big 10 pays more, competition in Big 10 West is weak.

Last edited:
call it what you will but they were done with recruiting avg ranking of 45.7
the last 4 classes avg'd 39.75 almost 7 spots higher. also this is the longest stretch of this level of recruiting since KF has been the HC. the last 4 seasons of 12-2, 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4 is 2nd only to these years 37-16
2002 11-2
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 7-5
38-11
even 2001 they went 7-5
and in 2014 they went 7-6.

so this is pretty close in results from Kirks early years to the last 5 years.

now if Kirk had not overhauled his staff I would agree on them going backward but they are not going backward because of the new hires. even the walk on are improving, getting a JUCO WR AA in Easley in the 2017 class. this year they got a JUCO AA LB and a 3* OL.
the other walk on they used to get on scholarship when trying to finish their recruiting.

sorry but saying Iowa is going to take a step backwards is just wishful thinking.
Not really wishful thinking, when other programs like Purdue and Wisconsin and Minnesota along with Nebraska are ranked higher in the West.

In fact, according to rivals, even with a higher rated class, Iowa is still ninth in the B1G, and fifth in the west. Fleck and Brohm are better recruiters. Prior to their arrival, Iowa recruited better than those schools.

So just because Iowa’s recruiting improved, so has minnesota and purdue... so it’s not wishful thinking to think Iowa May struggle.

Not really wishful thinking, when other programs like Purdue and Wisconsin and Minnesota along with Nebraska are ranked higher in the West.

In fact, according to rivals, even with a higher rated class, Iowa is still ninth in the B1G, and fifth in the west. Fleck and Brohm are better recruiters. Prior to their arrival, Iowa recruited better than those schools.

So just because Iowa’s recruiting improved, so has minnesota and purdue... so it’s not wishful thinking to think Iowa May struggle.
MOST of those have been recruiting BETTER on paper than Iowa, and yet they still win.

yes this class at the highest of 35 is replacing a outgoing class that was rated 59th. that's a 24 spot increase.
the players that are leaving early were part of the 2016 class that was rated 42nd with 0 4* players.
2* 1st Team AA TE Hockenson
3* 2nd team AA SS Hooker
3* 3rd team AA Fant

hmmm 3 AA's from a class that was rated 42nd. that 59th rated class led Iowa to a 9-4 record and a #25 final AP ranking,

these return on offense
3* SR QB Stanley
3* RSJR RB Young
3* JR 1st Team JUCO AA
3* JR Kelly-Martin
3* JR Smith-Marsette
2* RSJR TE Hockenson [has not declared] 1st Team AA
3* RSJR LT Jackson [FR AA]
4* JR Wirfs [US Army AA]

this group had the highest scoring avg since 2002 @31.2 ppg, since the middle of the OL were all 1st year starters they are in a pretty good position.
on defense the back 7 return 7 starters off a defense that was rated#6 in total defense. the front 4 had 2 1st year starters both of which were Backup DE's before being moved to DT
RSJR Anthony Nelson replacement is RSJR to be Gohlston who was 3rd on the team in sacks
Hesse will be replaced by former 5* US Army AA Epenesa who led the Team and BT in sacks with 10.5 sacks. looking at that the Defense could be even better in the 19 season.

2013 class was rated 53rd
2014 class was rated 59th
2015 class was rated 56th of which there are only 13 players left out of a class of 21 players.

MOST of those have been recruiting BETTER on paper than Iowa, and yet they still win.

yes this class at the highest of 35 is replacing a outgoing class that was rated 59th. that's a 24 spot increase.

So you have a problem with those who recruit better on paper but when Iowa makes a 24 spot jump up to 35th it’s serious business?

Reactions: timnsun
this class has 20 commits 3.0 1440 points
Minnesota is 36th by Rivals with 23 commits with a 2.91 avg 1485 points
Purdue is 25th with 26 commits 3.04 1776 points
Wisconsin is 26th with 19 commits 3.26 1771 points
Nebraska is 18th with 25 commits 3.32 1990 points.

not worried about the differences as Iowa has always been our recruited but they still win. during that stretch of recruiting classes in the 50's they still went 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4.

also they just had JUCO 2nd Team AA LB Hale who set IWCC record in Tackles with 142 which led the JUCO in Tackles. he will walk on to the FB Program.

this class has 20 commits 3.0 1440 points
Minnesota is 36th by Rivals with 23 commits with a 2.91 avg 1485 points
Purdue is 25th with 26 commits 3.04 1776 points
Wisconsin is 26th with 19 commits 3.26 1771 points
Nebraska is 18th with 25 commits 3.32 1990 points.

not worried about the differences as Iowa has always been our recruited but they still win. during that stretch of recruiting classes in the 50's they still went 8-5, 8-5 and 9-4.

also they just had JUCO 2nd Team AA LB Hale who set IWCC record in Tackles with 142 which led the JUCO in Tackles. he will walk on to the FB Program.

I had pizza for lunch. Like bacon with just about anything else for breakfast. Also I think I need to fill up the truck tomorrow, gas prices are pretty good.

Reactions: SOHusker11
So you have a problem with those who recruit better on paper but when Iowa makes a 24 spot jump up to 35th it’s serious business?
depends upon the season production in wins 59th rated class ended up with a 9-4 record it will be fun watching what he does with a #35-38th class,

Sorry, but Minnesota and Purdue were not recruiting better than Iowa before these current coaches arrived. Brohm and Fleck have raised the bar in recruiting, and here you are pretending they always outrecruited Iowa.

Ok.

We offered this kid today out of Kansas. We must be getting desperate for an outside linebacker - Rivals shows zero other scholarship offers.

Not sure what it is but Nebraska sees something in him and he's blowing up late. Nebraska sent Ryan Held to visit him on the very first day visits were allowed again and that visit even took place right before he was getting on a plane for an outstate OV. Think the Rivals scholarship offers are out of date for him now. We'll see what happens.

well you can cross RB Williams from Iowa off your list in the 2020 class as he just committed to Iowa. 100 meter sprinter. the slow part of the definition about Iowa is being corrected.
DB Moss ran the 3rd fastest 110 meter hurdles in the HS Nationals who is projected to play FS after starting 4 games at CB as a true FR.

well you can cross RB Williams from Iowa off your list in the 2020 class as he just committed to Iowa. 100 meter sprinter. the slow part of the definition about Iowa is being corrected.
DB Moss ran the 3rd fastest 110 meter hurdles in the HS Nationals who is projected to play FS after starting 4 games at CB as a true FR.
Ok, he's officially off my list. Thanks for stopping by. Buh bye

And you will be crossing Hockenson off your list in a matter of days...

And Stanley won’t have anyone to bail him out..

I’m real sure no one on this board gives a shit.

Nobody but iowa wanted him, dumb pho-ck!

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares-14030273.png

lol, who’s list was he on?

DB Moss ran the 3rd fastest 110 meter hurdles in the HS Nationals who is projected to play FS after starting 4 games at CB as a true F
uh-huh-sure.jpg
R.

Who? I didn't even know we were recruiting a RB from Iowa. He's never been mentioned on this board that I've seen. I guess we'll learn to struggle through with the 3 4-star RBs we have committed. :Cool:

ace.jpg

getting more than 20 means the lower rated recruits points are removed and the higher rated recruits are put in

as for Iowa's recruits these are the 4*'s by 247 and ESPN
OL Miller 247 and ESPN
OL Endres 247 and ESPN
LB Jacobs 247 the 4th US Army AA now called the AA Game.
this years class is replace out going RSSR's of that 2014 that was rated 59th. so far the ratings look like this
Rivals no 3*'s 38th
ESPN 2 4*'s 35th
247 3 4*'s 37th

going from a class that was rated 59th and a class that is 35th to 37th is a major improvement. from 22 to 24 spots.

not bad for a staff that has been together for just 1 year. can't help that Rivals treat 3 Former NFL Coach like total moron's that can't Identify college level talent, to bring you up to date
2017 these were the top players that graduated
2* JR CB Jacksons a 1st year starter 1st Team AA
2* RSJR MLB Jewell who started his 1st games as a RSFR and never lost the starters job 1st Team AA
2* OLB Niemann played as a true FR and ended up a 3 year start
walk on WLB Bower a 3 year starter

just this year TE Hockenson was a 2* who started as a RSFR then as a RSSO 1st AP Team AA Mackey Award winner

TE Fant was just a 3* and he ended up a 3 year starter and 3rd Team AA.

doesn't say much about Rivals rankings now does it.

Hey I don’t blame you here, I count all the recruiting sites too when I’m deciding how our class looks. But this will bite you and Iowa in the butt more then it helps. Counting all the recruiting sites ESPN, Rivals and 24/7, the Huskers have 14 4 star players and the rest 3 star players (all 5.6 and up I believe). So even still, Iowa May have 2-3 4 star players but the Huskers still are better with 14 4 stars. With 2-3 top 100 players (depending on which site your going off of). So no matter how you flip it or twist it, the Huskers will have a much better class regardless of 20 commits or 40 commits.

Dude, none of us care about your Iowa recruits or players. So why bother, why even post it. We will never respect or like Iowa and your trash Head Coach. Bad luck for you guys is Mike Riley is now gone. All this crap your spewing will change and never be the same again SOON.

Edited: you can post any stat or show anything that YOU think helps make your point and we’d all still disagree and will never give you credit. Biggest thing that matter to us, Bo Pelini and the Huskers owned Iowa then he gets canned then you guys get lucky we hired Mike Riley and his staff....down side is, Mike Riley and his staff is now gone and we now have a elite head coach. All this Iowa chest pounding comes to a stop and now. Iowa will NEVER blow us out again, period!

Last edited:
Coaches line up guys this time of year in order of who they want most. First visit weekend you saw the priority guys for the priority spots on campus.
It was discovered Dylan Jordan had some off the field stuff. Kansas, KState and Nebraska all backed off.
Steven Parker came on his OV but didn’t give rave reviews. I wonder how much of an option he really is. There may be grade issues here or something else.

With that said we want:

Plan A - RB Dedrick Mills (if grades)
Plan B - RB John Bivens or Micah Kelly

Plan A - WR Charles Njoku
Plan B - WE Demariyon Houston

Secured - S Noa Pola Gates

Plan A - CB DJ James
Plan B - CB Jamel Starks or Tavian Mayo

Plan A - OLB/DE Soni Fonku or Michael Lockhart (they want to get each on campus to get a feel for fit with team and dive deeper into character/grades/etc)
Plan B - possibly a Desmond Little or Eugene Asante

I think they are also exploring the Grad Transfer market and lining up backup plans to these plans in case they miss on some guys.

I think there is a low likelihood they end up signing Desmond Bland. There’s too many red flags between him continuing to change his story, to people saying his grades are nowhere close to where they should be, to him flirting with FSU/Texas. I just don’t think he makes it here.

Coaches line up guys this time of year in order of who they want most. First visit weekend you saw the priority guys for the priority spots on campus.
It was discovered Dylan Jordan had some off the field stuff. Kansas, KState and Nebraska all backed off.
Steven Parker came on his OV but didn’t give rave reviews. I wonder how much of an option he really is. There may be grade issues here or something else.

With that said we want:

Plan A - CB DJ James

Plan A - OLB/DE Soni Fonku or Michael Lockhart (they want to get each on campus to get a feel for fit with team and dive deeper into character/grades/etc)

I think they are also exploring the Grad Transfer market and lining up backup plans to these plans in case they miss on some guys.

I think there is a low likelihood they end up signing Desmond Bland. There’s too many red flags between him continuing to change his story, to people saying his grades are nowhere close to where they should be, to him flirting with FSU/Texas. I just don’t think he makes it here.
What about Matthew Palo-Mao?

Gavins offers
Nebraska
Michigan
ISU
Iowa [committed].
but hey lets get the ussual reponses out of the way
we didn't want him
its a non committable offer
we have better offers out there.

but it doesn't matter.

With that said we want:

Plan A - CB DJ James

They also come that weekend because that is all they have open and are taking other visits.

yes Hockenson just declared for the draft. but just to remind you Hockenson was just a lil ol 2*. who after just 3 years left as a 1st Team AA and Mackey Award winner who was coached by Brian Ferentz who was the former TE Coach for the NE Patriots.

do you really think there is nobody to take Fant or Hockensons place? WR Brandon Smith as a true FR had 5 catches for 25 yards then as a true so had 28 catches for 361 yards
Smith-Marsette who was a backup had 23 catches for 361 yards
1st year player JUCO RB Sargeant led the team in rushing with 159 carries for 745 yards, Sargeant was a JUCO 1st Team AA who did arrive at Iowa until June of last summer, hmm only 3 months on campus before the 1st game and he leads the team in rushing.

QB Stanley passed for 2437 yards in his 1st season with GF in his 1st season as the OC/TE Coach finishing 59th amongst QB's
2nd season stats. 2852 yards finishing 40th amongst QB's

nice improvement from 59th to 40th. the OL had 3 1st year starters in the middle, Ferguson was a former walk on
Render was a 3*
Reynolds was a 3*
their replacements [possible]
LT RSJR Jackson [named a FR AA]
LG RSSR Landon Paulson [4* by Scout
C RSFR Linderbaum [US Army AA]
RG RSSR Levi Paulson [4* by Scout]
RT JR Wirfs [4* US Army AA]

the OL is bigger and better on paper than it has been since the 2009 Orange Bowl team that went 11-2 with a BCS Bowl win.

yes Hockenson just declared for the draft. but just to remind you Hockenson was just a lil ol 2*. who after just 3 years left as a 1st Team AA and Mackey Award winner who was coached by Brian Ferentz who was the former TE Coach for the NE Patriots.

do you really think there is nobody to take Fant or Hockensons place? WR Brandon Smith as a true FR had 5 catches for 25 yards then as a true so had 28 catches for 361 yards
Smith-Marsette who was a backup had 23 catches for 361 yards
1st year player JUCO RB Sargeant led the team in rushing with 159 carries for 745 yards, Sargeant was a JUCO 1st Team AA who did arrive at Iowa until June of last summer, hmm only 3 months on campus before the 1st game and he leads the team in rushing.

QB Stanley passed for 2437 yards in his 1st season with GF in his 1st season as the OC/TE Coach finishing 59th amongst QB's
2nd season stats. 2852 yards finishing 40th amongst QB's

nice improvement from 59th to 40th. the OL had 3 1st year starters in the middle, Ferguson was a former walk on
Render was a 3*
Reynolds was a 3*
their replacements [possible]
LT RSJR Jackson [named a FR AA]
LG RSSR Landon Paulson [4* by Scout
C RSFR Linderbaum [US Army AA]
RG RSSR Levi Paulson [4* by Scout]
RT JR Wirfs [4* US Army AA]

the OL is bigger and better on paper than it has been since the 2009 Orange Bowl team that went 11-2 with a BCS Bowl win.

RollingLaugh Stanley has none to bail him out Now, 3 of your 4 best receivers gone gone gone...:confused:

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Gavins offers
Nebraska
Michigan
ISU
Iowa [committed].
we didn't want him

but it doesn't matter.
Do you really want to do this? We have a lot more head to head battles with clemson, Alabama, Michigan, Oregon, Georgia, USC, Notre Dame, to name a few, and have done well in the process.

I decided to check out your recruits... an awful lot of offers from Georgia state, Liberty, Akron, and a host of othe G5 offers for numerous Iowa commits. Yes, your highest rated 3 star players had offers from some heavy hitters, but that’s it. The rest were competitions with G5 schools.

For your sake, you better hope Iowa continues to develop the crap out of players. Because with Nebraska bringing in the caliber of player we are, even if the development is half as good, the wins against the huskers you have come to enjoy will be a thing of the past.

Do you really want to do this? We have a lot more head to head battles with clemson, Alabama, Michigan, Oregon, Georgia, USC, Notre Dame, to name a few, and have done well in the process.

I decided to check out your recruits... an awful lot of offers from Georgia state, Liberty, Akron, and a host of othe G5 offers for numerous Iowa commits. Yes, your highest rated 3 star players had offers from some heavy hitters, but that’s it. The rest were competitions with G5 schools.

For your sake, you better hope Iowa continues to develop the crap out of players. Because with Nebraska bringing in the caliber of player we are, even if the development is half as good, the wins against the huskers you have come to enjoy will be a thing of the past.

But a couple of them were 4 stars on...... scout? Wait scout is still a website?

Gavins offers
Nebraska
Michigan
ISU
Iowa [committed].
we didn't want him

but it doesn't matter.
Thanks for crashing the thread, Turkeys. I know the lightbulb doesn’t burn bright for you, so I’ll spell it out: this is a thread for remaining ‘19 commitments.
Carry on with your “ussual” shouting into the void that is Iowa football

Reactions: SOHusker11

With that said we want:

Plan A - CB DJ James

Personally, I think Asante is the best LB on the board, but it sounds like he wants to stay out East.

ADVERTISEMENT