ADVERTISEMENT

Refs decided the game with the 15 lame ass penalty call

The catch ruling was correct given how they now interpret that rule.

Reversed called catch on the field (adv NE)

No facemask called on Goidsoon run ( adv NE)

On same play of missed facemask call, personal foul called on Iowa. Both kids were mixing it up could have been called either way (adv NE)

Illegal hit to head/ neck to defenseless player over turned (adv NE)

Questionable crack back block called against NE (adv Iowa)

Am I missing something here?

Not looking at Farniok’s helmet to helmet on the sideline

the “he’s pulling him forward” pick up if the horse collar flag

"Refs decided the game with the 15 lame ass penalty call"

151230-baby-crying-mn-1010_0dfde5d28e6a96076d5c51ac4cabd74b.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Not looking at Farniok’s helmet to helmet on the sideline

the “he’s pulling him forward” pick up if the horse collar flag

That wasnt a horse collar. You have to be pulling him backwards for it to be horse collar.

Does anybody have video kn here of the non targeting call? Id like to see that a few times.

The missed facemask was huge.However that should have been #6s 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct leading to his early dismissal.

They didnt throw a flag on #6 early when he threw a punch after falling down on his own during a punt return I believe.

Refs were horrible both ways.

Disclaimer: I haven't read any of this thread so maybe this has been discussed but here goes.
I just watched the last series for each team. The penalty on Williams for crack back block was total BS and drive killer. Williams had both hands in the air and was trying to shield block. No way was that a cheap blindside block.

Martinez running out of bounds on 2nd and 20 was absolute stupidity and would have maybe made ioa use their last timeout or atleast ran a ton of time off the clock.

The incomplete pass that was the result of an overturned call was correct. Didn't control through the process. I don't like the rule but it was called correct after review.

The reversed call for targeting was correct. We saw better angles on big screen at stadium than on TV. If I were an ioa fan watching on TV I would be upset but they did get it right. The receiver deserves an Oscar nomination for his efforts of selling it and flopping around like a dead fish.

Bad couple of minutes of football for the refs and the Big Red. Iowa capitalized and that was the difference in the game. Iowa just hangs around and hopes you make mistakes. Play error free, ioa losses most of the time. Make mistakes and they beat you. They'll never be great, but always consistently above average to good.

Next year I wonder if Husker fans take red balloons to kinnick stadium? Thought it was bush league and not sure if I would want to go there with it but would be good payback. Unfortunately would probably just escalate more black and yellow balloons in 2021.

1. The refs did not decide that game. If anything there were some calls that benefitted us.
2. If I’ve said this once I’ve said it a thousand times. You NEVER put the game in the hands of an official. You have a 50/50 shot. If the call goes your way you win. If it goes against you you lose. You take advantage of your opportunities so as to take the game out of an official’s hands. The defense caused a late fumble deep in Iowa territory and the offense couldn’t punch one in the end zone for the win. The defense collapsed at the end and couldn’t get a stop when everybody and their brother knew Iowa was going to take multiple shots downfield. We had opportunities and we pissed them away. Sadly this goes back to 2015 BYU. We’ve been pissing away opportunities in just about every close game we’ve been in since that day.

That wasnt a horse collar. You have to be pulling him backwards for it to be horse collar.

Does anybody have video kn here of the non targeting call? Id like to see that a few times.

The missed facemask was huge.However that should have been #6s 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct leading to his early dismissal.

They didnt throw a flag on #6 early when he threw a punch after falling down on his own during a punt return I believe.

Should have been offsetting unsportsmanlike on that kick return. 24 came running up and stood over 6 taunting for some reason. Even though 6 had taken a KO back earlier in the game. That’s a broken culture IMO.

As to @headcard, 35 was blocked into the kicker. Heck, Farniok got blasted backwards and made more contact with the kicker than Wade did. I’ve never seen an officiating crew not throw a roughing flag and then discuss it before throwing one. It gave up field position.

who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass.

This is the actual rule. You may have one who was no longer engaged but he was close and the guy he was blocking was still there. Probably should learn the whole rule before throwing out accusations!

who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass.

This is the actual rule. You may have one who was no longer engaged but he was close and the guy he was blocking was still there. Probably should learn the whole rule before throwing out accusations!

This is what I found in the rulebook. That’s the first I’ve heard of the blocking portion.

"No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of his body is beyond the three-yard limit."

This is the website I referenced. See article 10. Your reference seems to be Wikipedia, or an officiating message board, not the rulebook. Perhaps you should learn the rules before posting something incorrect on a message board.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-7-snapping-and-passing-the-ball/3/

FWIW, this is the situation rulebook for a catch. The no catch is debatable. It appeared to me that the Nebraska player batted the ball out of the Iowa Players hands after rolling over. That would be a football move and it would be a catch.

1. To catch a ball means that a player:
    1. Secures control of a live ball in flight with his hands or arms before the ball touches the ground, and
    2. Touches the ground in bounds with any part of his body, and then
    3. Maintains control of the ball long enough to enable him to perform an act common to the game, i.e. long enough to pitch or hand the ball, advance it, avoid or ward off an opponent, etc., and
That one is going to be debated and each fan will believe what will benefit their side. The lineman downfield was clear cut and should have been a penalty.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-2-definitions/

Reversed called catch on the field (adv NE)

No facemask called on Goidsoon run ( adv NE)

On same play of missed facemask call, personal foul called on Iowa. Both kids were mixing it up could have been called either way (adv NE)

Illegal hit to head/ neck to defenseless player over turned (adv NE)

Questionable crack back block called against NE (adv Iowa)

Am I missing something here?
Yes, picked up horsecollar flag, at minimum 4 taunting penalties that should have been called on #19.

#6 threw a punch after 2 Nebraska players sprinted from 10 yards away to get right in his face for some unknown reason. Supposed to be a taunting penalty when you do that..that time and the 3 times #19 did it (usually after a 10-15 yard play by Iowa, which makes it weirder).

And he had him by the jersey ...should not have been collar because of that. Was not inside pads

Yeah I think Iowa had time to kill the clock whether the refs intervene there or not. Probably not with six seconds left, but all they would have needed was :01.

Huskers had a golden chance to assemble a game-winning drive and couldn't. Iowa had a slim chance and pulled it off. Game was not exactly a clash of the titans, but the better team won.
Yes - what he said. We got plenty of breaks to win that game. If we had calls like the Iowa game in a few other games we might have won a whole 6 games and bowling.

Nah. At the very least they should’ve stuck with the call on the field.

We got a lot of the calls. We couldn’t win the game. It is what it is.
Agreed - we got lucky on that no catch call (reversal) but the dagger was when they turned around and threw right back over the middle to get in FG position.....when once again we knew it was coming and after deciding to play for OT but not telling the QB the plan.

Reactions: HuskredO1
Don’t forget the running into the kicker where Farniok made the contact.
I was skeptical on that call when I saw the replays - kinda like in hockey when the defensive player pushes the offensive forward into the goalie resulting in a goal.

Iowa got screwed the whole game. Nebraska had most of the calls go their way! I was listening to the game on the radio so I am going by what the play by play was but it sure sounded one sided!

Let me get this straight...you didn't even watch the game, and yet "Iowa got screwed the whole game???"

Thank you for your contribution of idiocy. Your lineage just collectively sighed out loud, shook their head in disgust, and started drafting letters to be sent to you to change your surname.

Reactions: donahues17
Let me get this straight...you didn't even watch the game, and yet "Iowa got screwed the whole game???"

Thank you for your contribution of idiocy. Your lineage just collectively sighed out loud, shook their head in disgust, and started drafting letters to be sent to you to change your surname.
I actually considered the opposite of his “I listened to it on the radio” comment. I used to listen to the local radio while watching at the stadium and I learned about things I missed or may not have thought of via the experts analysis on the radio. I know that is completely different than not being at the game at all, but It seems the surname and composing letters thing might be a little strong? That is unless u know him and u are busting his.....

I actually considered the opposite of his “I listened to it on the radio” comment. I used to listen to the local radio while watching at the stadium and I learned about things I missed or may not have thought of via the experts analysis on the radio. I know that is completely different than not being at the game at all, but It seems the surname and composing letters thing might be a little strong? That is unless u know him and u are busting his.....

If he didn't see the plays with his own eyes, how could he surmise that they were bad calls? Hearing it on the radio gives him no legitimate opinion on the calls.

Feel better now?

Feel better now?

Actually it doesn't make me feel better to point out the complete silliness of someone else's post. It was just a really comical concept that someone would gripe about officiating, when they hadn't even watched the game.

Admittedly I over-dramatized intentionally, so don't take my post too seriously. Happy holidays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT