ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting weekend…

shame-ring.gif

You'll see a lot of these type recruits under Rhule. His trademark is identifying overlooked high school players with speed and then developing them into big time college players when they get on campus.
True but don't kidd yourself. This Staff will bring in top rated talent!

Reactions: Bold Words
As opposed to our neighbor to the west who is looking to start with 4 and 5 star guys and develop them from there.
Well development is key whatever their ratings. We had several 4 star recruits under Frost that never produced. I'd rather have a lower star recruit that was developed into a key player than a 4 star that turned into a bust. Player development was a key component of Osborne's success.

You'll see a lot of these type recruits under Rhule. His trademark is identifying overlooked high school players with speed and then developing them into big time college players when they get on campus.
RIGHT!!!!

Considering Rhule and his staff know that area well and no doubt are very aware of Watson AND haven’t pursued him, I think they’re putting their eggs in another basket. My suspicion is that they’re after a more athletic QB.
Watson is a dual threat QB. He passed for over 2,000 yards and ran for over 850 yards this season.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Lol. He didn’t flip. We quit recruiting him
Link please? Seriously. Not trolling, I’d like to see that cause we have shit for QBs on the roster and WW was the only QB we had committed so if they did quit recruiting their lone QB commit, that makes me more worried then if he just flipped. I don’t blame Rhule for losing commits but I would blame him for poor roster management. Even if we bring in Sims we need a QB in this class.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Considering Rhule and his staff know that area well and no doubt are very aware of Watson AND haven’t pursued him, I think they’re putting their eggs in another basket. My suspicion is that they’re after a more athletic QB.

They definitely decided not to recruit Watson, for some reason. It will be interesting to see where they go with QB recruiting this cycle, both HS and portal.

Last edited:
They definitely decided not to recruit Watson. It will be interesting to see where the go with QB recruiting this cycle, it’s HS and portal.
And it will be interesting to see if Watson ever plays. QB recruiting is such a crap shoot

Reactions: BleedRed78
It will be interesting to see who gets hired as the QB coach or if they going to reassign that role to the OC.

They definitely decided not to recruit Watson, for some reason. It will be interesting to see where they go with QB recruiting this cycle, both HS and portal.
That’s just frustrating because Rhule just went 3 years of being some what relaxed @ the QB spot and you’d think he’d learn that from that. If CTs gone, not only do we not really have a starter but we don’t have any depth.

And I’m not buying Dylan R having anything to do with it. Dylan isn’t afraid of fight for the spot. Hes been committed to tOSU who is loaded with QB talent.

Lol. He didn’t flip. We quit recruiting him
I'll take your word for it....
I decided long ago,
never to follow the words commitment from a 18 year old,
if NU fails at recruiting, or succeeds,
they won't be able to increse my stress levels,
because the greatest commit,
is someone who signs with NU,
then produces on the gridiron

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
That’s just frustrating because Rhule just went 3 years of being some what relaxed @ the QB spot and you’d think he’d learn that from that. If CTs gone, not only do we not really have a starter but we don’t have any depth.

And I’m not buying Dylan R having anything to do with it. Dylan isn’t afraid of fight for the spot. Hes been committed to tOSU who is loaded with QB talent.

Jeff Sims from Georgia Tech was in on a visit this weekend.

Well development is key whatever their ratings. We had several 4 star recruits under Frost that never produced. I'd rather have a lower star recruit that was developed into a key player than a 4 star that turned into a bust. Player development was a key component of Osborne's success.
I'd rather get a bunch of 4 stars and actually make them better. Frost developed 1 player. Cam Jurgens.

• Haha
Link please? Seriously. Not trolling, I’d like to see that cause we have shit for QBs on the roster and WW was the only QB we had committed so if they did quit recruiting their lone QB commit, that makes me more worried then if he just flipped. I don’t blame Rhule for losing commits but I would blame him for poor roster management. Even if we bring in Sims we need a QB in this class.
Google it. There are several articles about the new staff did t contact him….

I get that Just feel like we need a freshman too.

Obviously the guy has to have a plan for the most important position, right? It’s just very interesting
Rhule has a number that he wants for scholarship QBs on his roster. He no doubt has watched practice video of his QBs on the roster and has evaluated them. We have 2 guys who will be redshirt freshman and a walk on who will also be a redshirt freshman who jumped both of those scholarship QBs on the depth chart. He might feel that he can be very selective in what QBs he goes after. The money CT got in NIL is going to attract transfers

I'd rather get a bunch of 4 stars and actually make them better. Frost developed 1 player. Cam Jurgens.
Exactly. You need both to really make a splash. You can recruit low level guys and develop and make bowls. This is what Iowa formula is. But in able to make a splash you need to recruit well and develop. Bo kind of could do both, but he hated recruiting especially top rated kids. Dr Tom was the last to really do both well. And yes he developed excellently but he also recruited top classes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT