ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

That’s cool and all, but I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque… this is a husker board.
scared bugs bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

Wrong board
nah, i remember when kansan turner corcoran took N over k-state. 5* kid as i recall. at the same time cooper beebe a 2/3* headed to manhattan.

similarly here, brix the 5* goes to lincoln while this south dakota 4* youngster drives by to the little apple. both had offers from yours and mine.

it will be interesting to see how they develop in each program and compare the results down the road. after all both are now considered developmental programs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
nah, i remember when kansan turner corcoran took N over k-state. 5* kid as i recall. at the same time cooper beebe a 2/3* headed to manhattan.

similarly here, brix the 5* goes to lincoln while this south dakota 4* youngster drives by to the little apple. both had offers from yours and mine.

it will be interesting to see how they develop in each program and compare the results down the road. after all both are now considered developmental programs.

Corcoran was not going to KSU, his recruitment came down to Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Ohio State.

That kid from South Dakota did not have an offer from Nebraska. There is a reason he is walking on at KSU.

Corcoran was not going to KSU, his recruitment came down to Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Ohio State.

That kid from South Dakota did not have an offer from Nebraska. There is a reason he is walking on at KSU.
even though espn site said that kid from south dakota had an N offer, he's a 4*, he really didn't at all?

'It just felt right': OT Turner Corcoran picked Nebraska over ...​

The Athletic
https://theathletic.com › 2019/06/14 › nebraska-commit...

Jun 14, 2019 — His final options included Kansas State, Oklahoma and Nebraska,

even though espn site said that kid from south dakota had an N offer, he's a 4*, he really didn't at all?

No. That kid reported an offer from Nebraska when Frost was here, he had no contact with Rhule and staff. Pretty sure he also had an injury and basically had no commitable scholarship offers. There is a reason he took no official visits and is walking on at KSU.

'It just felt right': OT Turner Corcoran picked Nebraska over ...

The Athletic
https://theathletic.com › 2019/06/14 › nebraska-commit...

Jun 14, 2019 — His final options included Kansas State, Oklahoma and Nebraska,
Honestly, I've never heard of his name before. I don't catch everything but as an old O line guy myself, I do pay more attention to them. His name is one I don't recall.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No. That kid reported an offer from Nebraska when Frost was here, he had no contact with Rhule and staff. Pretty sure he also had an injury and basically had no commitable scholarship offers. There is a reason he took no official visits and is walking on at KSU.

he's walking on because he gets a full ride as a native american. he could have gone anywhere, but not N. whatever, it will be interesting to track their progress entering the same year, like corcoran at N and beebe at k-state in that way.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
he's walking on because he gets a full ride as a native american. he could have gone anywhere, but not N. whatever, it will be interesting to track their progress entering the same year, like corcoran at N and beebe at k-state in that way.

As was pointed out in this very thread, "First Nations" scholarship, you claim he is on is not even close to a full-ride. It's a one-year $1500 scholarship. That will not even cover his textbooks.

Also, you can't be on any other type of scholarship other than a football scholarship once you play in a game. So if he ever actually plays, he will become a football scholarship.

As was pointed out in this very thread, "First Nations" scholarship, you claim he is on is not even close to a full-ride. It's a one-year $1500 scholarship. That will not even cover his textbooks.

Also, you can't be on any other type of scholarship other than a football scholarship once you play in a game. So if he ever actually plays, he will become a football scholarship.
he's a preferred walk-on.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers

I'm sure you're a great guy and all but you appear to be overstaying your welcome. No one cares about this kid or his wrestling. Coming back in 4 years and saying he's an All-American is one thing but wrestling updates, c'mon man.

You'd think that a 5 time state champ would be interested in wrestling. Wonder if he's ever contacted manning
He would have had to walk on to both wrestling and football teams, if he would have wanted to do both in Lincoln. Football, basketball and volleyball scholarships are head count sports. So all scholarships are full ride etc. If an athlete competes in 2 sports and one is a head count sport and the other isn’t, the athlete cannot take the partial scholarship from the equivalent count team.

What did that same coaching staff say about Jeff Sims last year? I'll let it play out.
To be fair, I think the coaching staff saw a good player and expected results! Probably shocked as to how Jeff Sims played as we were! Then the young man hit big spotlights & high attention & the pressure really got to him! I assume! 😄

To be fair, I think the coaching staff saw a good player and expected results! Probably shocked as to how Jeff Sims played as we were! Then the young man hit big spotlights & high attention & the pressure really got to him! I assume! 😄
Every coach looks at a QB with raw physical talent and thinks he can fix his mistakes. It happens all the time in the NFL and rarely works. My problem was I believed the camp hype on Sims. I hadn’t watched any video of him at GT. 😕. His problem I believe was between his ears.

Reactions: Antwill
Every coach looks at a QB with raw physical talent and thinks he can fix his mistakes. It happens all the time in the NFL and rarely works. My problem was I believed the camp hype on Sims. I hadn’t watched any video of him at GT. 😕. His problem I believe was between his ears.
Classic case of a million dollar body with a 10 cent head. I think he is a really good kid, but very few can handle the QB position.

Classic case of a million dollar body with a 10 cent head. I think he is a really good kid, but very few can handle the QB position.
To be fair, it wasn’t an easy situation to be thrown into. We had a new staff, new offense and a work in progress with our O line. I suspect he would have been better in a second year but given what happened it was probably a good idea to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT