ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

Yup. It's a long shot on both. But they both loved Lincoln on their visits. Maybe DR can snag one?
Frazier would be the one I want the most now as a flip surprise on Wednesday, really a big longshot for sure. But who knows maybe the Uber driver knows something we don't. Just seems to me that RB is the biggest open need remaining in the class of 2024.

Frazier would be the one I want the most now as a flip surprise on Wednesday, really a big longshot for sure. But who knows maybe the Uber driver knows something we don't. Just seems to me that RB is the biggest open need remaining in the class of 2024.
Would be the sexier get of the two for sure but give me all the highly rated OL we can get every day of the week

Running back should be very enticing for a Big time recruit. There is every opportunity to walk right in and be the man.

Running back should be very enticing for a Big time recruit. There is every opportunity to walk right in and be the man.
Which is why im surprised Lacy didnt stick. Im concerned our RB coach isnt loved by recruits. He hasnt closed any of the top 5 or 7 backs we have recruited. For the record I have no idea if hes a good coach or recruiter. Eventually the results have to speak for themselves.

Reactions: maly

370a245c-f443-42c6-9bd9-7e90dd551515_text.gif

Which is why im surprised Lacy didnt stick. Im concerned our RB coach isnt loved by recruits. He hasnt closed any of the top 5 or 7 backs we have recruited. For the record I have no idea if hes a good coach or recruiter. Eventually the results have to speak for themselves.
Yeah, he is definitely not getting it done on the recruiting side. No recruits in the 2023 or 2024 classes, and 2025 is an instate, two star FB with no other offers.

Yeah, he is definitely not getting it done on the recruiting side. No recruits in the 2023 or 2024 classes, and 2025 is an instate, two star FB with no other offers.
Huh? Kwinten Ives is his guy. (2023).. 2025 seriously?

I wouldn't say he is getting it done on the coaching side either other than Grant fumbling less. But then, when folks spend all their time hating on Raiola and Satterfield, there isn't much time left to do a hard look at the running back room.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I wouldn't say he is getting it done on the coaching side either other than Grant fumbling less. But then, when folks spend all their time hating on Raiola and Satterfield, there isn't much time left to do a hard look at the running back room.
Lost Rahmir to injury. Lost Ervin to injury. Grant didn’t improve his running style but didn’t fumb as much. Emmett Johnson improved quite a bit from start to finish. Ives they really wanted to redshirt. I don’t think he did too bad coaching.

And his first three years at Missouri were:

5-5
6-7
6-7
They ain’t worried about what he did in the past. It’s about what he did this year and what he’s gonna do next year that will matter. They might fall off a little bit, but he’s built a good foundation so far.

Reactions: headcard
Ives was on his way to Monmouth, I believe, but could be mis-remembering
My bad. I forgot about the guy listed as an ATH with offers from Monmouth, Stony Brook, Temple and UCONN. I still think it's valid to criticize the recruiting at that position.

Reactions: shocksker
They ain’t worried about what he did in the past. It’s about what he did this year and what he’s gonna do next year that will matter. They might fall off a little bit, but he’s built a good foundation so far.

Yep. I bet they are glad they didn’t run hiM out of town after the first year.

"Schunke held offers from other Power 5 schools such as Tennessee, Auburn, Nebraska and Wisconsin but will be a preferred walk-on at Kansas State. The people within the program that he met made the difference in his decision."

kind of fun to track these recruits and see how they turn out down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT