ADVERTISEMENT

Receivers

Did Kade Warner play last week? I don’t recall seeing him. Those guys we had out there should be the ones we roll with going forward. Alante Brown will be good but needs this year to learn how to play receiver.
Yep, great athlete but not yet a great WR. I thought the reverse to him at Iowa was a thing of beauty. I would love to see him break a kick return one of these days.

But it isn't working, so why do that?

Not everyone can know the entire playbook, just like not everyone can bench 375 (except on here).

I have coached for 20 years and have never once demanded that every kid on the team know the playbook inside and out. That doesn't even make sense to me. Why have a WR know what the TE is doing, why have a RG know what the WR is doing.

If you are just talking about the WR's knowing all the WR stuff, fine but if they can't figure out it, change it!

Some people suck at math, some suck and memorizing an entire playbook.
If you're a receiver, you should know what every other receiver is doing on a play, including the TE's. But forget that, some of our guys don't even know a lot of their own routes. That's inexcusable at the college level.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I find solace in the fact that Frost and company, at long last, are paying heed to my counsel and recognizing that important reps are being tragically diluted due to the unmanageable roster size

The only thing you find solace in is being a dipshit. That's the only explanation for how you've made it this long.

Reactions: red scowl
No kidding, Does a guy really need to know THE ENTIRE playbook to go in and run a fly? Sometimes coaches, especially at the college level, overthink it.

Teams I have coached have literally made up a play or route or blocking scheme or coverage or blitz, during a timeout. It really isn't that hard to do.

Once I ran a TE reverse that went for like 4 yards...one of my assistant coaches said "Run that again but with the other TE", which we had never done before, so we did it, went for a TD. I said "Why did you think of that?" and he goes "Because that TE is bigger, faster and stronger than the one you ran it to". Ha
all plays have their roots in the playgrounds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT