ADVERTISEMENT

Read fired

Yes. I was dead serious. For serious of serious.

Oh ok - so we can type whatever you want and snap at anyone that doesn't agree (insert condescending comment)- and then when your called out just make a crack "just joking guys"? And your Parrella rant- serious of serious as well?

They just keep proving they don't know what the hell they're talking about. When Mike Riley has pinpointed a problem on this team, he's made changes.

Those calling for Banker's firing didn't really watch how much better the secondary played compared to the last couple of years.

I am not so quick to heap praise on this secondary. A change to more zone has not exposed the weaknesses a tight man to man/quarters coverage requires. In many ways I was fairly disappointed in the corners this year.

Oh ok - so we can type whatever you want and snap at anyone that doesn't agree (insert condescending comment)- and then when your called out just make a crack "just joking guys"? And your Parrella rant- serious of serious as well?
Yup. Fire him. 1st year coach, fire him

Watching this last press conference it was clear MR was not very pleased with special teams. He commented several times about it and made the huge comment about loss of field position. I was getting the feeling he was finally putting all of the pieces together and knew he needed to act on the data. I also think he looks at the athletes he has available on special teams here verses OSU and knows he should have better results. That is my speculation, never heard it anywhere.

I think this is a good move on a couple of fronts - first it needed to be done, things were not productive and that is what MR expects, second it sends a message that he expects results and is holding people accountable while obviously looking at what they have to work with.

Oh that's right! Links are mandatory here!
Did you just use the phrase "snap at people"? Are you a teenage girl?

Watching this last press conference it was clear MR was not very pleased with special teams. He commented several times about it and made the huge comment about loss of field position. I was getting the feeling he was finally putting all of the pieces together and knew he needed to act on the data. I also think he looks at the athletes he has available on special teams here verses OSU and knows he should have better results. That is my speculation, never heard it anywhere.

I think this is a good move on a couple of fronts - first it needed to be done, things were not productive and that is what MR expects, second it sends a message that he expects results and is holding people accountable while obviously looking at what they have to work with.
This is such an encouraging sign. Riley has now proven that he puts success at Nebraska ahead of personal friendship. This to me is huge news.

Best news I've herd in months. Riley did the right thing. When he does things like this, I gain belief in him more and more

Saw that Read had worked with Riley for 16 years this was certainly not an easy move for MR and shows he wants to succeed and make tough decisions. I applaud that having been in those type of decisions.

Reactions: RedDead
Maybe someday you will understand. Not likely, but maybe

Always feels weird to be happy when someone gets fired but the performance pretty obviously was just not up to par.

This is such an encouraging sign. Riley has now proven that he puts success at Nebraska ahead of personal friendship. This to me is huge news.

This is one of the reasons why I tried to talk you out of suicide the other day. I mean, I get that you were upset but people are fooling themselves if they didn't think that this decision was made off just Friday'a performance. The issue has been recognized and has been addressed. The man is here to win and is going to address holes in his program like a professional. Notice how he has fired two guys and been cordial about it and didn't cuss out his boss or embarrass the organization

No doubt, this ain't Callahan or bo bo, you ain't pulling your weight. Buh bye
And we don't have a "never fired anybody AD". BP's wording in his contract that prevented the AD from canning one of his assistants for cause was just ludicrous. I can't imagine that MR has that same level of control. I don't like to see anybody fired but man our STs were just terrible. It really isn't that complicated. I suspect that SE had a hand in this. Contrary to some folk's opinions, SE isn't a football idiot. He could see what was going on and IMO whether or not MR made the decision or not, it was going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is one of the reasons why I tried to talk you out of suicide the other day. I mean, I get that you were upset but people are fooling themselves if they didn't think that this decision was made off just Friday'a performance. The issue has been recognized and has been addressed. The man is here to win and is going to address holes in his program like a professional. Notice how he has fired two guys and been cordial about it and didn't cuss out his boss or embarrass the organization
Exactly. I was soooo damn pissed at getting blown out by Iowa. But posters like you, GBRhusker, Timsun and dinglefritz have had cooler heads and have talked me off the cliff.
I have supported Riley all year. I still do.
But f$cking damn I hated losing to Iowa like that. I really hate Iowa. Lol

Reactions: timnsun
Exactly. I was soooo damn pissed at getting blown out by Iowa. But posters like you, GBRhusker, Timsun and dinglefritz have had cooler heads and have talked me off the cliff.
I have supported Riley all year. I still do.
But f$cking damn I hated losing to Iowa like that. I really hate Iowa. Lol

Can't blame every thing on Riley... At least wait till he gets his style of QB or QB's in the system..
Need to improve on the O&D lines moving forward.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
And we don't have a "never fired anybody AD". BP's wording in his contract that prevented the AD from canning one of his assistants for cause was just ludicrous. I can't imagine that MR has that same level of control. I don't like to see anybody fired but man our STs were just terrible. It really isn't that complicated. I suspect that SE had a hand in this. Contrary to some folk's opinions, SE isn't a football idiot. He could see what was going on and IMO whether or not MR made the decision or not, it was going to happen.
The guy knows football, and was a better player than 99% of this board dreamed of being. Amazing how that is shit on so much.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT