ADVERTISEMENT

Read fired

You could tell after last 2-3 games MR was not pleased with ST it needed to be done and was. Props to him for pulling trigger. Give someone else a shot for bowl game and review other candidates after that.

This shouldn't be a shock to anyone after looking at Read's performance the past 2 years. However, when our last coach would live and die with his buddies regardless of their job performance, It is. Hate seeing anyone lose their job, especially so close to the Holidays, but this was the right move. Time to find a good replacement.

please tell me we are going to block on punt returns now.

Oh no. He fired his long time assistant. What will people come up with next to say he won't do?
They just keep proving they don't know what the hell they're talking about. When Mike Riley has pinpointed a problem on this team, he's made changes.

Those calling for Banker's firing didn't really watch how much better the secondary played compared to the last couple of years.

But this was just special teams coach… This really doesn't count, does it?

Oh no. He fired his long time assistant. What will people come up with next to say he won't do?

Win a conference or division championship in college? 0-16 on that one currently

Win 11 or more games? 0-16 on that one also

I hope he continues to set the bar so well, Read underperformed at OSU and should have never been brought along, should have been let go last year.

I guess it's a positive that he has fixed the mistake, but I wouldn't crown him for doing something that was glaringly obvious

Honest question: are there any other coaches that any would like to see leave or at least sent back to school so to speak? Not trying to stir it up, but we've seen a few other coaches mentioned in angst here, but I don't think anyone else should be let go at this time. But I totally agree with Read being shown the door. Good luck to him.

Win a conference or division championship in college? 0-16 on that one currently

Win 11 or more games? 0-16 on that one also

I hope he continues to set the bar so well, Read underperformed at OSU and should have never been brought along, should have been let go last year.

I guess it's a positive that he has fixed the mistake, but I wouldn't crown him for doing something that was glaringly obvious

The point is people, apparently you are one, said he won't make changes on the staff because they are his buddy hires.

ADVERTISEMENT