ADVERTISEMENT

rb out of Texas committed to us today.

The first question is irrelevant to expectations for 2015 . Bo Pelini is no longer the head coach at the University of Nebraska.

Shawn Eichorst has gone on record saying he made the coaching change to compete for championships, to win the games that matter, and that the athletes in the program are capable of such.

If you consider Pelini as incompetent and an abject failure -- yet he managed every season to win no less than nine games -- any coaching upgrade should be expected to produce more. Immediately.

Not irrelevant at all....there had to have been a reason Pelini failed right? Hard to admit your Pelini is a failure eh? This 2015 team will be mostly loaded with talent brought in by Pelini no? Could it have been Pelini failed because of his recruiting abilities? You're right...Eichorst does want championships....we all do(expect for those who still worship Pelini), my guess is he gives Riley more than 1 year to accomplish this goal. Your last point would be correct if in fact Riley and Pelini were one in the same(thank god they are not) and ran the same systems. Pelini had seven years to develop his 9 win teams....my guess is Riley will and should get the same amount of time to produce a winner.

I thought Pelini did a great job in 2008...his first year. Unfortunately, he did not do much from there. If we find an adequate QB and can find some LB'rs I think this team can compete for a Big Ten title. If not, I'm not going to be calling for Riley's head after the first year like you and all the other Pelini lovers will be.

So then why did your Bo Pelini fail? Did he fail to develop the said championship talent we currently have on the roster?

Probably because he was a bit of a psycho that couldn't prepare the team for every game. Bo's teams took games off every single year, and it showed.

Last year's class:

5 4-star
12 3-star
3 2-star

Our current commits:

1 4-star
5 3-star
1 2 star

Panic over the current state of recruiting is, well, premature. If anything, those of you worked up over a 2 star recruit need to understand it's more about your desire to cast stones at the new coach. If you're going to compare Riley to the previous regime's recruiting (an insipid and premature exercise), at best your argument is: nothing is different. I get it, you wanted a rockstar coach. He's not here. Let it go.

The first question is irrelevant to expectations for 2015 . Bo Pelini is no longer the head coach at the University of Nebraska.

Shawn Eichorst has gone on record saying he made the coaching change to compete for championships, to win the games that matter, and that the athletes in the program are capable of such.

If you consider Pelini as incompetent and an abject failure -- yet he managed every season to win no less than nine games -- any coaching upgrade should be expected to produce more. Immediately.
This is laughable… What would you expect Eichorst to say? The players were already pissed off at him! Oh they're not championship material… How do you think that would've gone over? Be reasonable… I know you're smarter than this. Just because Eichorst said they're championship material doesn't automatically make it so.

Is NU a dream destination for high school players now? Who out there is ready to commit to NU immediately after getting an offer? I would guess it's not in the same ballpark as it was in the late 90's.

Official visits crank up after school starts. IIRC, a player can have 5 total official visits. Hopefully, we will be on a lot of short lists and get a lot of official visits.

It would be great to see more regional/national players coming for unofficial visits, and actually lock up the regional talent.

This is laughable… What would you expect Eichorst to say? The players were already pissed off at him! Oh they're not championship material… How do you think that would've gone over? Be reasonable… I know you're smarter than this. Just because Eichorst said they're championship material doesn't automatically make it so.
No, he's not smarter than that. Bo backers will freak out after 1 loss, while they made every excuse for him for SEVEN YEARS.

No, he's not smarter than that. Bo backers will freak out after 1 loss, while they made every excuse for him for SEVEN YEARS.
I almost think he's playing me like a fiddle... As you have seen, I tend to respond pretty strongly if I disagree with someone. Can he really believe this stuff he's posting or is he seeing how far he can string me (and others) along?

That's my fear and why I'm almost in panic mode. Riley didn't have the horses at Oregon State to beat the top tier PAC 12 teams consistently. Yet he is recruiting the same types of kids at NU, how is he going to have the horses to beat top tier B1G teams consistently?

This coming from the guy who believes all 5 of our QB's have big upsides. Yeah, so big Riley and Langsdorf decided to grab 2 (TWO) Qb's this recruiting cycle. You don't know if you are coming or going, Spinner. God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth...in this case 2 eyes and 1 mouth. Take heed and let somebody who has a helluva better idea of how to run a program than you. This is a similar position you took on POB...before he was invited to the Elite 11.

Last edited:
4A??? Not really- it goes 6,5,4, etc... Equivalent to Broken Bow size in Nebraska, and that might not be even the best comparison but 4A is small school here in Texas

Not Broken Bow size... School enrollment is Gering or Beatrice size for 4A in Texas. Football quality wisest is better than the equivalent size school in Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT