ADVERTISEMENT

Question for you guys.

WV Bruno

Dec 10, 2015
I grew up around WVU and we always have been a seven win team and have a big year when we have a spectacular QB and a seasoned defense. Those things we have not had in a while but I enjoy college football in general and have ties to other programs like VT and FSU. I just watched the 86 Nebraska-FSU game. Awesome. I grew up watching Nebraska always in the limelight. Usually 9-2 at the least. Always in the thick of things. I remember the huge annual game with the Sooners. I have many of your big games with FSU and Colorado on DVD. That being said how do most of you feel about the current landscape? The realignments? The current status of Nebraska football. I came out to a game several years ago and enjoyed it. It was a triple OT win over a good Kansas team. I saw the tradition. Is it disheartening to be where you are now? I mean not in the top five annually like back in the day.

... how do most of you feel about the current landscape? The realignments?

I find the realignments a bit disorienting. It's the future of the game so an old guy like me just has to get with it. But...

WVA to the Big 12? Stunned. Missouri to the SEC? Huh??? Colorado to the PAC 12, Maryland and Rutgers (???) to the Big Ten... How did all this happen? Whoo wee.

The current status of Nebraska football?

Hope springs eternal, right? Stick around on this board and you'll see the optimism we have for our Husker future. Many of us think things are looking up.

I follow Nebraska sports every day, try to hit one home and one away game every year (I live in SoCal), donate money, live it, breath it, and all that. That being said, with other things going on in my life and the challenges the country/world have, I keep Nebraska football in perspective as being a sport played by young guys and entertainment. I just ask Nebraska is relevant, which we haven't been in a while. I believe things go in cycles and we will be back to relevancy soon. Being upset about the college landscape as far as realignments is pointless since it is happening and I think we did well to roll into the B1G.

P.S. I dig coal

I grew up around WVU and we always have been a seven win team and have a big year when we have a spectacular QB and a seasoned defense. Those things we have not had in a while but I enjoy college football in general and have ties to other programs like VT and FSU. I just watched the 86 Nebraska-FSU game. Awesome. I grew up watching Nebraska always in the limelight. Usually 9-2 at the least. Always in the thick of things. I remember the huge annual game with the Sooners. I have many of your big games with FSU and Colorado on DVD. That being said how do most of you feel about the current landscape? The realignments? The current status of Nebraska football. I came out to a game several years ago and enjoyed it. It was a triple OT win over a good Kansas team. I saw the tradition. Is it disheartening to be where you are now? I mean not in the top five annually like back in the day.
* First, thanks for stopping by
* We are formulating a system that can make us stand out again. It revolves around academics, lead the field player development; top coaches in a pro system ; that fits the weather.
* I believe we need to have an 8 team playoff to really make many in N's position fully relevant. Teams in that 4-8 position can be the new thing and get shut out by politics - they would win games in an 8 team playoff. Money and power brokers want control - with four; alabama and especially the SEC get special consideration ( why did Ala with a loss get in and not OSU this year - OSU beat them the previous year ).
* That said, N had to run the table to get there before and will be bringing it again. 2-3 years from now; teams will be trying to beat us; not us being the underdogs ( 90% probability ), already upsetting MSU and UCLA.

Last edited:
* First, thanks for stopping by
* We are formulating a system that can make us stand out again. It revolves around academics, lead the field player development; top coaches in a pro system ; that fits the weather.
* I believe we need to have an 8 team playoff to really make many in N's position fully relevant. Teams in that 4-8 position can be the new thing and get shut out by politics - they would win games in an 8 team playoff. Money and power brokers want control - with four; alabama and especially the SEC get special consideration ( why did Ala with a loss get in and not OSU this year - OSU beat them the previous year ).
* That said, N had to run the table to get there before and will be bringing it again. 2-3 years from now; teams will be trying to beat us; not us being the underdogs ( 90% probability ), already upsetting MSU and UCLA.

I hope we don't hijack this thread with our pet playoff schemes but I ask, do you think we're on a trajectory to the top eight? I ask b/c I don't see it yet.

For the time being, I would happily settle for one of the six committee bowls which would be ~ top 12. Can't yet see that trajectory, though.

Feel much better with Riley in charge, just from an integrity, moral and leadership standpoint. Personally feel the program is in better hands, as it should be. Whether that equates to the W/L column (success) remains to be seen. He embraces the school, state and fans, just like someone else did many years ago, and I truly appreciate that.

Still, he'll need to win and I hope he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT