ADVERTISEMENT

QB William Watson is N

Meanwhile Zane Flores is picking up interest from Ohio State now. But surely he sucks compared to some 3 star from the east coast. 😂

Does he have to "suck"? Could it just be that Whipple likes Watson and has for a while? BTW, Flores still hasn't been offered by OSU and his offer list doesn't compare to Watson's at all (Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, Kentucky, Nebraska).

Not to mention he wouldnt even crack the 4 deep there.. and more than likely never will. But go ahead Nate and keep beating your drum.....

Meanwhile Zane Flores is picking up interest from Ohio State now. But surely he sucks compared to some 3 star from the east coast. 😂

Nobody has said "he sucks". I don't think he would be a good fit at Ohio State though IF he got an offer from them. I find it hard to believe he'll get an offer from them but whatever. It seems that Flores who previously was tight lipped about his offers has recently learned how to play the recruiting game.

Reactions: WHCSC and headcard
Depth at the position could be problematic next year if Smothers transfers and Thompson departs (as expected). Purdy, Torres, Haarberg and the kid from Mass. maybe Flores gets an offer if Smothers transfers.

I personally like Flores better than smothers and torres - but we are committed there

getting Purdy tells me the staff is very much hedging their bets as to whether Haarberg or Smothers can be a viable #2 this year

had we not needed Purdy there may have been room for 2 QBs in the 2023 class

Reactions: headcard
Feel sorry for Watson - he is walking into a hornets nest in Lincoln - a lot of negativity towards him (directly and indirectly) before he is even on campus simply because he isn’t Flores

I hope he doesn’t reconsider his commitment
It's not a big deal. He'll be fine

I wouldn't call it a lot. It's a few people on here that think they know better.

I don’t know …but I can’t help but remember how a similar mob mentality forced the removal of Bobby Newcombe in favor of the local kid so he could play running back from the QB position and put up a bunch of individual stats to the detriment of the team.

could have had at least one - likely multiple national championships with Newcombe but alas the mob pulling for the local kid prevailed

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Watson - he is walking into a hornets nest in Lincoln - a lot of negativity towards him (directly and indirectly) before he is even on campus simply because he isn’t Flores

I hope he doesn’t reconsider his commitment
I feel sorry for your mom, ****ing loser.

Reactions: king_kong_
I don’t know …but I can’t help but remember how a similar mob mentality forced the removal of Bobby Newcombe in favor of the local kid so he could play running back from the QB position and put up a bunch of individual stats to the detriment of the team.

could have had at least one - likely multiple national championships with Newcombe but alas the mob pulling for the local kid prevailed
Whoa...you're really stupid.

That local kid won a Heisman. I think he did alright.

very difficult situation, given that he doesn't know nor give a shit who Flores even is.
Several of the early posts as well as a good deal others in his commitment thread as well as other threads are questioning his abilities relative to Flores. If he doesn’t know now he will be relentlessly reminded upon his arrival

Regrettably the kid has an uphill climb- not exactly a welcoming environment he is walking into

Last edited:
Several of the early posts as well as a good deal others in his commitment thread as well as other threads are questioning his abilities relative to Flores. If he doesn’t know now he will be relentlessly reminded upon his arrival

Regrettably the kid has an uphill climb- not exactly a welcoming environment he is walking into
I hope he looks upon these people as the weirdos they are. Best fans in college football!!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_aq2oj9agff6mk

Get lost iowa scumbag.

agree … Watson just needs to put his head down, get to work and forget that the fans aren’t really supportive and hope to god he outperforms Flores or things may get even uglier

Very difficult situation for the kid to walk into
Well, most Hawkeye fans don't think Brian ManBoobs is qualified to be a Power 5 offensive coordinator, view him as dead wood, and figure he would probably be teaching high school P.E. somewhere if he wasn't Kirk's kid.

So Watson's "situation" seems mild by comparison. Guessing he'll manage just fine.

Last edited:
You pick the guy you think is best. I am on the William Watson fan club. If Frost survives the next couple of seasons, I think this kid is gonna be the next great husker QB. It's mostly a hunch I just really like the way he plays.

I see that some have mentioned that OSU has offered QB Flores but after reading a couple of their sites, they have offered 2023 California WR Flores so I'm wondering if there is some confusion over the 2

Reactions: dinglefritz
I see that some have mentioned that OSU has offered QB Flores but after reading a couple of their sites, they have offered 2023 California WR Flores so I'm wondering if there is some confusion over the 2

Okie Lite offered Flores, not tOSU.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Regrettably the kid has an uphill climb- not exactly a welcoming environment he is walking into.
Get lost nut job.

Well, most Hawkeye fans don't think Brian ManBoobs is qualified to be a Power 5 offensive coordinator, view him as dead wood, and figure he would probably be teaching high school P.E. somewhere if he wasn't Kirk's kid.

So Watson's "situation" seems mild by comparison. Guessing he'll manage just fine.
He has ManBoobs? Someone introduce him to Scrote-and-Time.

Wow Facepalm GIF - Wow Facepalm Sexy GIFs

I find it interesting that nobody wants to talk about CT and his apparent thumb surgery? I guess the other thread got shut down.. hmm

If I recall correctly, his hand and the UT defense were the reasons given by the board for such a bad year for the longhorns in 2021.

Makes sense why he had such a low number of attempts during our spring game, yet he also managed to tell everyone he threw the ball several hundred times during spring camp. That probably means he re-injured it before the spring game. Will it be healed by fall? (skeptical)

I found it interesting that WWatson said Whipple wasn't calling the plays during the spring game either and that they were running the same 5-6 plays over and over.

Isn't that interesting to anyone else why maybe the offense looked so horrible? or is it just coincidence?

I guess finding this extra info out now, and looking back, I'm not really on board with the whole CT thing.. and why wasn't Whip calling the plays, and more of them? I mean, wtf are we doing?

Watson also said that Whipple told him the offense will be the same as what was at Pitt. So there aren't really any surprises.. it's not like the teams next year won't just dial up the Pitt games to see what you're running.

This is Scott Frostisms all over again it feels like to me.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I find it interesting that nobody wants to talk about CT and his apparent thumb surgery? I guess the other thread got shut down.. hmm

If I recall correctly, his hand and the UT defense were the reasons given by the board for such a bad year for the longhorns in 2021.

Makes sense why he had such a low number of attempts during our spring game, yet he also managed to tell everyone he threw the ball several hundred times during spring camp. That probably means he re-injured it before the spring game. Will it be healed by fall? (skeptical)

I found it interesting that WWatson said Whipple wasn't calling the plays during the spring game either and that they were running the same 5-6 plays over and over.

Isn't that interesting to anyone else why maybe the offense looked so horrible? or is it just coincidence?

I guess finding this extra info out now, and looking back, I'm not really on board with the whole CT thing.. and why wasn't Whip calling the plays, and more of them? I mean, wtf are we doing?

Watson also said that Whipple told him the offense will be the same as what was at Pitt. So there aren't really any surprises.. it's not like the teams next year won't just dial up the Pitt games to see what you're running.

This is why we have Purdy. The position needs legit competition.

I watched CT throw balls during warmup prior to the Spring Game. Did not appear to be having problems.

My 2 cents.

Thompson was hurt last year and is fine now

agree spring game was as frosty as possible - disappointing, nonsensical, a total waste of everyone’s time

Thompson was hurt last year and is fine now

agree spring game was as frosty as possible - disappointing, nonsensical, a total waste of everyone’s time
I’m taking the lackluster spring game as a good sign for the upcoming season. It seems spring games during frosts tenure where the offense looked exciting and competent didn’t translate to the actual season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m taking the lackluster spring game as a good sign for the upcoming season. It seems spring games during frosts tenure where the offense looked exciting and competent didn’t translate to the actual season.
The game last year, which started with a botched trick play and didn’t get exciting until Haarberg started slinging it around, translated pretty well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT