ADVERTISEMENT

QB William Watson is N

“Hypothetically” this could leave us with 6 scholly QBs for 2023.
Assuming there would be some attrition by then, I’m not opposed to taking two QBs in this class. The position is too important.
The new model is load up on options, let em compete, then process some out.

More likely it’d be another transfer after next season to keep the room “older” if/when Thompson leaves. But a 2nd young project is not out of the question since the other guys will be reaching the ‘older’ phase.
I agree with somebody else who said that one way or another, Thompson will be a one and done. If he has a decent year he'll turn pro.

boom.gif
Nooo! Despise DD

We can finally put the Flores talk to rest and move on. I hope Flores has a great career at Iowa or ISU except when he plays Nebraska.

Does he really expect Whipple to be here for the next 5-6 years, though? He's turning 65 in a couple months. I will be surprised if he doesn't retire in 3 years
He was apparently going to retire. Coming to Nebraska is a boost to his retirement. If Frost gets fired, he gets an extra year of pay for his first year of retirement. If things go well, he’ll stay on a few years. It’s a great move either way for Whipple.

We can finally put the Flores talk to rest and move on. I hope Flores has a great career at Iowa or ISU except when he plays Nebraska.

I doubt he ends up at either Iowa or ISU. Iowa has a their class QB and ISU is in good shape for Kohl.

Who in the name of Sam Hill is that guy?
Looks like the "Boom, goes the dynomite" guy. Think he was a student announcer at Ball State and they had some technical issues during a BB game. His call is of the game is actually pretty funny and became "viral" back in the day before things were viral.

Does he really expect Whipple to be here for the next 5-6 years, though? He's turning 65 in a couple months. I will be surprised if he doesn't retire in 3 years
This is true, but Husker Qback, recruiting is really good compared to many previous years ! Back to Pelini and before!! I like a Qback room with many options to develop and the best will play! Having a head Qback coach to convince recruits to come is worth the money!!

he compares favorably in the areas that are neither here nor there when playing QB (footspeed, quickness, etc)

after watching his highlight reel, I'm afraid @WHCSC may have hit the nail on the head

oh, and to put a bow on it, this kid's smaller than Flores, too!
Good get but all teams that want to be great need to have a some 4 stars along the way. One or two 5 stars does not hurt either.

He's going to rise in the rankings with that offer list. Just wait.
meh. the only offers that move the needle come from Bama and UGA, and even those are less than informative (Nadib Joseph/Marvin Scott were both avg at best).

he'd skyrocket in the ranks if he grew 2+ inches, though.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
meh. the only offers that move the needle come from Bama and UGA.

he'd skyrocket on the ranks if he grew 2+ inches, though.
Given the fact that his school didn't play football at all his sophomore year, I suspect that he'll get re-evaluated by the recruiting services soon. To quote an old movie line though, "Frankly my dear. I don't give a damn". His stat line including passing TDs to INTs is impressive. Whipple's vote is worth a lot to me given the QBs he's coached over the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Given the fact that his school didn't play football at all his sophomore year, I suspect that he'll get re-evaluated by the recruiting services soon. To quote an old movie line though, "Frankly me dear. I don't give a damn". His stat line including passing TDs to INTs is impressive. Whipple's vote is worth a lot to me given the QBs he's coached over the past 20 years.
I'm surprised they even allow high school football at all in Mass.

while Whipple may have coached good quarterbacks in his career, he has never coached one at Nebraska. to quote our state's current motto: It's Not For Everybody

Very nice Hudl film, but what Hudl film isn't? Some of his receivers appear to be running with cement overshoes. What's really interesting is some of the fields he plays on. People with popups set up right past the end line, cars parked in the grass right by the endzone, very few if any spectators. It isn't the Friday Night Lights you see around here.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1161621/William-Watson-III

Given the fact that his school didn't play football at all his sophomore year, I suspect that he'll get re-evaluated by the recruiting services soon. To quote an old movie line though, "Frankly my dear. I don't give a damn". His stat line including passing TDs to INTs is impressive. Whipple's vote is worth a lot to me given the QBs he's coached over the past 20 years.
I see this very much a case of we hired the guy, he's has a decent track record with QBs, so let him do his work.

Greg Landry played at UMass but was born in New Hampshire. There's plenty of good players on the east coast and this kid's offer list is legit. Plan A kind of guy. Good passer. Strong arm. Winner.
Iowa had a pretty decent QB from Boston. Son of a Celtics' coach. Name escapes me.

Meanwhile Zane Flores is picking up interest from Ohio State now. But surely he sucks compared to some 3 star from the east coast. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT