ADVERTISEMENT

Put in vedral

22-34 445 passing 100+ rushing wow you have high standards. What kinda numbers don't suck I want to know
4 turnovers and 11 penalties will get them crushed by Ohio State, good thing they played Illinois.

Adrian Martinez is our starting quarterback and almost certainly will be for the rest of the season. However we need him to play better for a full game and play a complete game. We're not going to do much of anything this year unless Martinez can do that. I wouldn't mind giving a series or two to Vedral or heck, using McCaffrey as a sort of wildcat qb to open things up. I don't think it would hurt to allow Martinez to see things from the sideline if he's struggling.

I’m sorry but I agree.. Adrian sucks
I try not to be someone who relishes in people making stupid mistakes. Yes, Adrian was not stellar in the first half, but can we please hold off on the “X sucks” statements? Especially when X has shown us solid performances in a year. If Frost has the temperament of some fans on here, he pulls Martinez and Nebraska loses.

Reactions: bmb81664
You better recheck your stats, he passed for 327 yds and ran for 118 for a total of 445 yds of offense.
I know what you're saying, and it’s absolutely true that he had 445 yards total... and half the posters in this thread are completely dogging him... why?

I was frustrated the first half as well... it seemed like he kept it when he should have handed off, and handed off when he should have kept it. But he is also the reason we won tonight. No Washington, a banged up Mills, Wandale getting dinged at times. And we still had 690 yards and a victory.

But guys like Nikki won’t be back to credit him for his play the second half.

It gets old. Bitch when he doesn’t play well, be silent when he does. What is the agenda for certain posters? It seems pretty plain...

You have never had sex
I know what you're saying, and it’s absolutely true that he had 445 yards total... and half the posters in this thread are completely dogging him... why?

I was frustrated the first half as well... it seemed like he kept it when he should have handed off, and handed off when he should have kept it. But he is also the reason we won tonight. No Washington, a banged up Mills, Wandale getting dinged at times. And we still had 690 yards and a victory.

But guys like Nikki won’t be back to credit him for his play the second half.

It gets old. Bitch when he doesn’t play well, be silent when he does. What is the agenda for certain posters? It seems pretty plain...

Some of us expect greatness

The measure of any Nebraska quarterback legacy is championships
This OP putting in Vedral is laughable
Some good discussion about Martinez’s growth this year, around a new OL and new skill guys
The skill guys are starting to come into their own around Adrian, now some injuries...
Adrian’s legacy will be measured in the games that matter
Win games that you should but win games that matter is the measure of any NU QB
Frost knows that as well as anyone
Good comeback by #2 and crew
Looks like a light came on in the 3rd quarter

Reactions: timnsun
So you think if we put someone else in there we would? RollingLaughRollingLaugh

Maybe not this year but maybe next. The fact you guys ignore the errant balls, the errant execution on read options and the sissiness he shows most of the time shows how stupid some people are here. Happy for the win. Not happy to see our receivers hung out to dry time after time after time.

Reactions: Chuck003
Maybe not this year but maybe next. The fact you guys ignore the errant balls, the errant execution on read options and the sissiness he shows most of the time shows how stupid some people are here. Happy for the win. Not happy to see our receivers hung out to dry time after time after time.
100 percent correct.

Adrian Martinez is our starting quarterback and almost certainly will be for the rest of the season. However we need him to play better for a full game and play a complete game. We're not going to do much of anything this year unless Martinez can do that. I wouldn't mind giving a series or two to Vedral or heck, using McCaffrey as a sort of wildcat qb to open things up. I don't think it would hurt to allow Martinez to see things from the sideline if he's struggling.
Bingo! Kind of summed it up without the kool aid.

cecuIe.gif

every qb misses throws and every qb misses reads. It's not easy to read the zone read correctly. no one does every time.

Reactions: GILL T
Expectations are a b*****, his stats are very similar to last year...and he is missing a senior rb, center, and go to reciever. I just think people thought he would be a heisman candidate. He is a true sophomore who was inconsistent last year at times with accuracy and fumbles...it has continued this year...they probably needed to rep him fully in the fall and not treat him like an All-American... a qb competition will be good for him.

CloudyMajesticAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-1mb.gif

For those of you complaining about his high passes to Spielman, did you notice where the LB's were on those plays? Like how AM had to get the ball over the LB's and still drop it in to a short receiver?

Reactions: Crazyhole
That's right, and you were the guy posting on how horrible Colorado was.. it would seem we are even worse.

Why waste so much time on a message board if you are so disappointed with the team? Most the time time I think you are a good poster, but you seem a little over the top right now. Am I totally happy with how we look? No, but I also knew this thing wasn't going to turnaround in 2 years.

What I do know:

1. We love Husker Football
2. We only get games for a short time each year and so I choose to be much more positive.
3. Things are changing. It takes a little bit a time to learn how to win, but baby steps. Outside of Ohio St, and possibly Wisky, we should have a shot in every remaining game. It isn't as bleak as you think.
4. I'll love the team no matter what. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT