ADVERTISEMENT

Post game PC notes

They were also the worst team we played all year. They were dog crap.
Wouldn’t say they were the worst team we’ve played all year. Think that goes to La Tech. Purdue reminds me a lot of Frost’s teams here. When you play disrespectful things tend to live rent free in your head and that’s the last thing you want as a player. The irony of it all is people think they should play that way to get in the opponents head but they usually only end up being the one that’s a head cases.

The one thing these last few years have taught, don’t ever discount a win.

Wouldn’t say they were the worst team we’ve played all year. Think that goes to La Tech. Purdue reminds me a lot of Frost’s teams here. When you play disrespectful things tend to live rent free in your head and that’s the last thing you want as a player. The irony of it all is people think they should play that way to get in the opponents head but they usually only end up being the one that’s a head cases.

Na, the Purdue offense was trash yesterday. So bad. Defense is fine, just needs pieces still. Offense was bad though.

• Wow
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Somehow, the ESPN matchup predictor has us as an underdog in all 4 with 48%, 32%, 21%, and 36% chances if winning.
It will take a while for the Frost stench (find a way to lose to teams you shouldn’t) to wear off. Hopefully the team will embrace the lack of respect and prove them all wrong.

Reactions: headcard
Didn’t get to see the game… why was the offense trash? Have they been trash all year? Did the defense have something to do with it?
They haven't been good all year actually. Except vs Illinois, but only in the second half. Nebraska defense played a role, but the Purdue offense should have scored 25 vs osu and should have scored more than they did vs Nebraska. Nebraska run D is legit. Pass D was OK. Card missed some throws. Nebraska will be good with White as DC long term though.

• Wow
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
A lot of that is the opponent. We tend to make defenses look good and offenses look bad.
True. Everyone has made the Purdue offense look bad though. It's borderline embarrassing what purdues success % is on 2 yards or less to go. Nebraska run D is tough for sure.

Reactions: headcard
It will take a while for the Frost stench (find a way to lose to teams you shouldn’t) to wear off. Hopefully the team will embrace the lack of respect and prove them all wrong.
Hasn’t taken the team long at all

Fans, on the other hand, still appear to be suffering from frost induced ptsd

The pattern seems to be that our defense makes everybody’s but Michigan’s offenses look bad. I watched the replay on B1G of Maryland and NW last night and our replay. I believe Northwestern is a much improved team this year and their QB played well against Maryland. Lots of sound fundamentals and big hits in that game.

Then when I watched our game again I saw us do the same thing defensively to Card for Purdue that we did to Sullivan for NW. Those are two pretty darned good QBs that our defense made look pretty bad. Both of those guys when given time are accurate and mobile. Our D had them confused and pressing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT