ADVERTISEMENT

Puffs prediction thread

If we beat them by less than 14 points I will feel like Colorado won. That program is a joke and any good team with depth and confidence should beat the snot out of that dumb ass team.

A win is a win... but if we don't make them look like crap I will be disappointed. I just do not like that program right now. I hate them so much right now I'd root for Iowa, Kansas State, Missouri and Texas to beat them. Sanders and his boys need to gtfo and I hope they fail at everything. Why you ask? I want them all to get real jobs to learn some F***ING humility
I'll take a 1 point win.

NU 40
cu 20

steady dose of running by the quad backs to make cu come up, then strikes from raiola some break for big gainers. burning clock with our offense, then pressure their qb up the middle to get him afoot...while containing their wr's

Last edited:
its always sunny rage GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Beat Up Knock Out GIF by United Wrestling Network

Fear the bongo. C sharp, amirite?

Reactions: GaRed
Say it loud for all the people in the back and the grey hairs. Get off your ass and bring it the entire game.
Some Nebraskan popcorn company needs to be having a stall outside the stadium with rights to sell popcorn at the game in an oversized "popcorn box" in the shape of a funnel with a perforation at the bottom of the box so you can use it to yell at the opposing offense when you're done eating the popcorn.

Name it the 12th man popcorn company with a certain amount of the proceeds going to 1890.

If I had the money to start up that gig right now I'd do it. But I'm a broke b..... ATM

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I have no idea but I once again lean toward the under
Sker’s need to score 34-37 points to win this game..

Sanders and Hunter can are very capable of from scoring 21-27 points.
So I don’t know where you think the under is in play unless you don’t think Nebraska won’t score that much.

So I don’t know where you think the under is in play unless you don’t think Nebraska won’t score that much.
I don't know about that. If NU can run the football, the under is going to be in play very easily with how the clock runs. Yes, Sanders is a very good QB, but most of their points last week came when NDSU just didn't have athletes. A 10 yard play turned into 50. Shadeur also loves to hold the ball and stay in the pocket which plays to our favor. They also can't run the ball, but guarantee they will try a few times early which runs the clock. Gambling is weird that way and it wouldn't surprise me to see a 24-10 type game when everyone is expecting a shootout.

I'd like to see a very heavy dose of Dowdwell to start...and a few well timed passes throwm in after CU is sucking wind amd their D-line is to gassed to get to Dylan....do that (are you listening Rhule?? Hahaha) and I think we win by several scores.

I like the under because 100% of the public assumes it’s going over

They really didn’t do much on offense last year for 2.5 quarters

The Huskers sacked Shedeur 8 times last year with basically our same D returning. I see Shedeur being sore early in the game with their O-line getting gassed and defeated. Hunter can't save them.

Nebraska 40
Colorado 24

I'm worried about pressuring SD. Was Tony White not showing his hand until real competition starts? I was a tad disappointed in the number of sacks against UTEP.

NU-30
CU-27
We have to get pressure, but I think what is even more important is we have to run the ball and control the clock. Just keep the CU offense on the sideline is better than pressure.

I think we will run the ball pretty well. I think we can get 200 yards on that defense.

We need 30 points to win the game.

I don't know about that. If NU can run the football, the under is going to be in play very easily with how the clock runs. Yes, Sanders is a very good QB, but most of their points last week came when NDSU just didn't have athletes. A 10 yard play turned into 50. Shadeur also loves to hold the ball and stay in the pocket which plays to our favor. They also can't run the ball, but guarantee they will try a few times early which runs the clock. Gambling is weird that way and it wouldn't surprise me to see a 24-10 type game when everyone is expecting a shootout.
I haven’t put my prediction out yet, but I think there will be more than 34/40 points..

With full respect to their playmakers, this will 100% come down to their offense Vs the Husker D... I have no doubt that Dylan & co will be able to score on their Defense (even though they are better than UTEP) so for me, I believe it really boils down to how often the Husker D can slow down those playmakers. I would venture to say this may be the best Offense DONU will face until USC/tOSU.

In the end, This is not the Huskers everyone has seen before and Memorial Stadium will be ROCKING!

Huskers 35
CU 28

With full respect to their playmakers, this will 100% come down to their offense Vs the Husker D... I have no doubt that Dylan & co will be able to score on their Defense (even though they are better than UTEP) so for me, I believe it really boils down to how often the Husker D can slow down those playmakers. I would venture to say this may be the best Offense DONU will face until USC/tOSU.

In the end, This is not the Huskers everyone has seen before and Memorial Stadium will be ROCKING!

Huskers 35
CU 28
As I posted above. The running game can win the game and help the defense immensely. If our pass rushers play 40 plays instead of 60 that is a huge win. It has to be that way.

I'm worried about pressuring SD. Was Tony White not showing his hand until real competition starts? I was a tad disappointed in the number of sacks against UTEP.

NU-30
CU-27

I'm not entirely sure which possession the 2nd string came in, but the first team defense was only on the field either 29 or 36 snaps and outside of their 3 play scoring drive we had pretty consistent pressure on drop backs.

For the entire game:

NU Defense had 9 tackles for loss on 50 snaps. When you factor in incompletions... the defense either tackled UTEP behind the line of scrimmage or the play ended in an incompletion 19 out of 50 times.

Big plays always play a huge factor in a game and can cancel out these stats in a hurry, but I feel like holding the opponent to no gain or a loss of yards on 38% of snaps is pretty solid. Especially when a decent chunk of the snaps the 1st team was not in. Also worth noting that I spent zero time seeing how many rushes went for no gain or similar.

It was an outmatched UTEP team. We looked solid, but let's see how it looks this Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT