ADVERTISEMENT

9-25 Rhule PC notes

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven

Coach Rhule Press Conference (September 25th) Notes: -Great opportunity to play Michigan -See how Heinrich and Jeff practice to get a full picture on who will start -Luke Reimer still questionable for Michigan -"Nobody came to the University of Nebraska to not play good teams" -We're not hear to complain, here to play good football -Rush offense and defense rankings is a step in the right direction, though Coach is not a big stats guy -We're going to build this program by developing -Coach Harbaugh's blueprint is completely in-line with how Coach Rhule wants to build Nebraska -Heinrich needs to stop being something he's not: "if the plays not there, don't make a bad play worse" -Just because you win doesn't mean theres not the same issues if you lost -Tailbacks did a good job -Bryce Benhart is playing well -OL has to learn a lot when the option is thrown in the mix -Tommi Hill is explosive, "I just think when you have good players, you use them" -Tommi Hill is currently playing receiver, cornerback, and kick returner -Have to be content with 2-3 yard runs vs. Michigan. There won't be gaping holes -DLine is playing with more extension, getting off blocks, communication -Teddy Prochazka has a role, Turner Corcoran is still the starter -This week, FB "Lindenmeyer was the guy" -Heinrich has done a good job running option, zone reads -Coach recognizes that Heinrich tends to keep the ball more often than pitching -"It's really great when you have guys that aren't sensitive" when talking about HH -Going to keep playing Tristan Alvano until he gets comfortable -Important for players to understand "we love it when people love us" -"Make everything football and things will work out for you" -Coach shows the team every Kobe Bryant video -QB situation is unique, because they have two QB's that couldn't finish a game -J.J. McCarthy has tremendous protection, and operates on time, he's got poise. -Blake Corum has elite burst, tough to tackle -Going to have to rotate lots of guys at LB, especially if Luke Reimer is out -Modern day "protect your kids from going through hard things" is not good -"If I could make them all turn off their social-media mentions, I would, but I can't" -Guys need to just play in the moment, stop thinking ahead -Coach Rhule struggles with that too, mentions anxiety -"Mental toughness is not beating players down, it's by lifting" #GBR

“ Just because you win doesn’t mean theres not the same issues if you lost”

Luv this, TO could always live with if the team played up to their capabilities and still lost he had no issues if they didn’t beat themselves…

I have always said you lean more from losing games than winning them, but over the SF and Riley era’s our Nebraska teams never found ways to win games but found every which way to lose them…

TC still being the LT is mind boggling
“We are going to go with the players that give us the best chance to win”....then proceeds to leave a 0.0 pass rated LT in as a starter... head scratcher.. Teddy is ready.. put him in..

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
"Going to keep playing Tristan Alvano until he gets comfortable."

Must be taking the same approach with TC. 😐

why wouldn't he want HH to make a little NIL WAM? who wouldn't order a Haarberger or 10?

no chance he lets it go to his head

humble kid, small town, military family. exactly what NIL is designed for at its core.

oh yeah, someone needs to do 10 Haarberger sliders.... that's a nice combo meal

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
In the presser Coach Rhule made the point about the defense getting off blocks. That’s been a big improvement this year along with the shift in conditioning
Our defense really struggled with that previously. Some if it may have been the scheme, honestly, with Chinander’s read and react. I thought it improved with Busch but has really improved with Coach White

In the presser Coach Rhule made the point about the defense getting off blocks. That’s been a big improvement this year along with the shift in conditioning
Our defense really struggled with that previously. Some if it may have been the scheme, honestly, with Chinander’s read and react. I thought it improved with Busch but has really improved with Coach White
Yeah what Busch did was pretty good, realistically he just couldn't undo all that wasted time from winter conditioning all the way through fall camp under the failing staff.

Let him get his ass kicked by Michigan's defensive line. Should be more than enough embarrassing footage by then for the coaches to not play him again.
Just leave him in there until he becomes comfortable.

I think it is encouraging that Rhule said that he will wait and see how things play out in practice to see who will start at QB. On its face, and assuming he is not just gaslighting us, it indicates that the QB position is open for some real competition. He could have said that a starter should not lose his job due to injury and left it at that. But he did not say that. My gut says that Rhule will start Haarberg and bring in Sims if HH falters. Sims struggled in his first two games and has now sat out two games. It is asking a lot of him to come in and start again against a team like Michigan. The smart play is to start Haarberg and then to ease Sims back in with a few series. And I think Rhule knows that. At least I hope he does!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think it is encouraging that Rhule said that he will wait and see how things play out in practice to see who will start at QB. On its face, and assuming he is not just gaslighting us, it indicates that the QB position is open for some real competition. He could have said that a starter should not lose his job due to injury and left it at that. But he did not say that. My gut says that Rhule will start Haarberg and bring in Sims if HH falters. Sims struggled in his first two games and has now sat out two games. It is asking a lot of him to come in and start again against a team like Michigan. The smart play is to start Haarberg and then to ease Sims back in with a few series. And I think Rhule knows that. At least I hope he does!
Rhule and Satterfield are not going to throw Sims under the bus. This is true of Corcoran as well. If Sims play potential was not indicated by what he showed in the first two games, then he is a valuable piece for the offense. I hope Sims gets another chance and plays well when given it.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT