ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

It is like I have been saying...most of these Big Ten School are the new MAC schools. They are farm teams.

NW
Minny
PU (God, that PU fan will be here in 4 seconds)
IU
RU
MD
Iowa

You name it, they are farm teams.

If you are good or presumed to be good, why stay when you can get more money AND have a chance to play in the playoffs.

It is like I have been saying...most of these Big Ten School are the new MAC schools. They are farm teams.

NW
Minny
PU (God, that PU fan will be here in 4 seconds)
IU
RU
MD
Iowa

You name it, they are farm teams.

If you are good or presumed to be good, why stay when you can get more money AND have a chance to play in the playoffs.
Nebraska is part of this mix until we prove otherwise. Right now there are really 3 legit teams in the BIG with maybe PSU & USC knocking on the door. All of the rest need to pick their games up.

First Tier - Upcoming Season
Michigan - Champs until proven otherwise
Ohio St. - Loaded again
Oregon - Loaded, will see how they do in new conference

Second Tier
Penn St - Great athletes, but still have Franklin
USC - All Kinds of Athletes, but haven't been elite yet

Musical Chairs Third Tier
All teams below are sort of farm teams like you stated. They all need to make a jump to make the conference better.

Nebraska is part of this mix until we prove otherwise. Right now there are really 3 legit teams in the BIG with maybe PSU & USC knocking on the door. All of the rest need to pick their games up.

Ohio St. - Loaded again

Second Tier

All teams below are sort of farm teams like you stated. They all need to make a jump to make the conference better.
Agree Leodis - it sucks that we are there but I’m optimistic we take a jump to the 2nd tier this year!

Reactions: Gary.Busey
They brought in a RB from OSU and he bolted. After all their debth bolted.

Too bad we don't play them earlier in the season. They have some good players and are good for a few games, then it goes south from there.

There is no doubt they had a much better coaching staff last year.
Don't you mean later in the season?

Vintage Salesman GIF by Challenger

Same thing as it was 150 years ago except now it’s G-wagons and LV bags.

Reactions: Laner2
They brought in a RB from OSU and he bolted. After all their debth bolted.

Too bad we don't play them earlier in the season. They have some good players and are good for a few games, then it goes south from there.

There is no doubt they had a much better coaching staff last year.
You're confusing me. Can't get much earlier

Ohio St. - Loaded again

Second Tier

We aren't a farm team. We had a bunch of freshman play good to really good. And no one poached any of them.

Is Deion even going to have enough players to field a team?

Looks like this is turning into a self-imposed death penalty for that program. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team and coach.
Well I'm sure Prime will also get his incoming share of top talent from the portal. But they won't be able to play in this year's Spring game. More important though such massive turnover, even if the incoming players are talented, doesn't make for a cohesive team next Fall, especially in the early going.

We aren't a farm team. We had a bunch of freshman play good to really good. And no one poached any of them.
This is true only for this offseason. We have lost many contributors in recent years to transfer. AM2, Wandale, Casey Rogers, etc. I would also caution that this offseason is not over, the portal is still open, and we are over on scholarships.

Well I'm sure Prime will also get his incoming share of top talent from the portal. But they won't be able to play in this year's Spring game. More important though such massive turnover, even if the incoming players are talented, doesn't make for a cohesive team next Fall, especially in the early going.
Didn't a lot of people on here say that last year before they beat us?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT