ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

And be drafted first as a package deal!

You know, I liked Deion as a player, especially when he was a Red, but he’s become a clown show

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
The reason Prime will never have a championship team in a big conference is because he's not capable of creating a good team culture that will keep players in place during these days of portal transfers. He will always attract many star players with his bling and big talk but many of them then will never stick around for their entire career.

The OL in particular is illustrative of that. He basically kicked last years OL players off the team instead of working to develop them and then recruited "new blood" from the portal. But some OL players already are entering the portal after Spring practice. You can't build an effective OL at the college level with such constant turnover.
When the smartest guy in the room is the same guy who knows a bunch of shortcuts and better ways of doing things, that will not end well.

WTF is going on in Boulder? Gawd freaking damn what a shit show. I have run out of grace for that weirdo. I ain't wishing him any ill will but there is obviously something amiss
Heard a perspective on this yesterday that I found interesting, Connor Happer on 1620 opinion with regards to Prime is that he (Prime)just doesn’t care. Prime will just go about his business whether he’s at CU or not. His reputation is much greater than CU’s before, during and after his tenure.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Am I wrong in thinking the spring portal has less potential impact players? That would be the main issue I would see with these CU departures. You are likely looking at more guys who didn't cut it during spring ball somewhere, rather than guys looking for better opportunities. Could be wrong on that.

Reactions: Bold Words
Am I wrong in thinking the spring portal has less potential impact players? That would be the main issue I would see with these CU departures. You are likely looking at more guys who didn't cut it during spring ball somewhere, rather than guys looking for better opportunities. Could be wrong on that.
The Spring portal isn't over yet.

From ESPN

Sanders said most of the movement in the transfer portal right now consisted of backups and that he believes it's rare for starters to enter the portal at this stage.

"I think we got some [starting-caliber players] coming in from visits pretty soon, maybe even this weekend, but we can attract those type of players," Sanders said.

He says it's rare for starters to enter the portal in the spring, but he plans on bringing in potential starters from the portal. Maybe he plans to lock up all the rare spring portal starters.

From ESPN

Sanders said most of the movement in the transfer portal right now consisted of backups and that he believes it's rare for starters to enter the portal at this stage.

"I think we got some [starting-caliber players] coming in from visits pretty soon, maybe even this weekend, but we can attract those type of players," Sanders said.

He says it's rare for starters to enter the portal in the spring, but he plans on bringing in potential starters from the portal. Maybe he plans to lock up all the rare spring portal starters.
Colorado is very dysfunctional right now. Rhule is also in his second year and how many players did he have hit the portal this spring? I haven't heard of many. CU has like 15.

Sanders himself will likely be gone after this season as well.

Reactions: leodisflowers
From ESPN

Not going to go back and look, but I would guess he said the same thing last year. IMO, it’s rather telling what type of coach he is, when some of the Portal additions last year who were welcomed with open arms are now being pushed out.

Speaking of numbers… I revisited our chart and see that we are 15 over still at this point…
Gotta love NIL

At no point last season did we ever even get as low as 88 players listed.
Granted some are on NIL deals and not officially on scholly at all anymore but man this is nice… I feel like an SEC school

Reactions: huskerfan1414
In the end, Sanders will sort of be playing with what, 65 or so scholarship guys?

They lost a high school early-enrollee after less than 4 months? Yikes.
And a couple they just got in the portal. The portal is a crazy thing.but that is something you can’t ignore Even if you are a Deion supporter.

According to 247, Fields' only other offers out of high school were Arkansas State, Abilene Christian, New Mexico State and North Texas. The "diamond in the rough" players rarely pan out.
More like if you are a diamond in the rough player u need to stick it out more than 1 year if u want to start. Not sure where he plans to go lol.

Colorado is very dysfunctional right now. Rhule is also in his second year and how many players did he have hit the portal this spring? I haven't heard of many. CU has like 15.

Sanders himself will likely be gone after this season as well.
Not many yet but I bet at least 5 to 6 after the spring game. Thing is that the Spring portal season is generally for the players not on the 3 deep. So usually people going to lower level play anyway.

Not many yet but I bet at least 5 to 6 after the spring game. Thing is that the Spring portal season is generally for the players not on the 3 deep. So usually people going to lower level play anyway.
The normal transfer attrition at NU has been about 10 guys since long before they changed the transfer rules. I expect 10-12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT