ADVERTISEMENT

Political posts and threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
Seriously people? Nothing has changed here as far as it is concerned with political and religious posts. I came on here after I got home and saw there were a couple political threads started and locked. Political/religious threads are not allowed here, no matter what. Everyone should know that. I am tired of people pushing the limits on this and there will be zero tolerance for it. For the near future, if we see a political post/thread, the poster will earn a week paid vacation to Chile from me, @rrthusker or @sparky62

If you think your post pushes the limits, don't post it.

Make it all expenses paid vacation and it would be worth it!!!. Smiling upside down since Chile is in the southern hemisphere.

Reactions: 9and4
Seriously people? Nothing has changed here as far as it is concerned with political and religious posts. I came on here after I got home and saw there were a couple political threads started and locked. Political/religious threads are not allowed here, no matter what. Everyone should know that. I am tired of people pushing the limits on this and there will be zero tolerance for it. For the near future, if we see a political post/thread, the poster will earn a week paid vacation to Chile from me, @rrthusker or @sparky62

Bless you for taking action, Kaz! Whoops!

Reactions: Can o' corn

Thanks. It gets old reading posts of people grinding their axes.

I like it!
2707-2.jpg

Thank you for doing that, this is for sports, I admit I've gotten political and a tad religious, but I've really tried to restrain myself, let's just talk sports

Reactions: F5Tornado
How does the point system work?
HOL has a point system that allows the mods to assign points to posters that get out of line. When points are assigned, they will expire after one year. It is an accumulative point system. If you amass 10 points in a years time, then that is a week vacation. 20 points is a month, 30 points is 3 months, 40 is 6 months, etc. We also have the ability to give a week vacation with an automatic 10 points and for the more severe offenders, we can permaban them. There is 2 ways to permaban. We can take the ability to post or we can take away the ability to post and read.

Strict prohibition against vulgar language would also be nice. I thought that used to be the policy. ??
I try to delete them when I see them, but we don’t always catch them. The report button can be utilized to make mods aware of anything that may break the rules.

Good deal, can’t say I’ll miss the political crap. And that’s all it is, crap. Heck go vent on tweeter with that crap. Religion?? Well, I have my beliefs but I’m not going to push it on a Husker site. I mean, WHY?!?!

Reactions: Can o' corn
There was a meltdown here for a couple months before and during the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. I posted my opinion a lot. At some point the moderators made more of an appeal than a threat that we needed to get back to what unites us, namely Cornhusker sports. The "usual suspects", me included cooled it (even HTO) and I determined I would try my hardest to never start or reply to a political post in a partisan manner. I have pretty much stuck to that. However, the way this board looks now, like the Breitbart or NYT comments section, I'm thinking I'll come out of retirement and lets get it on.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
This is the place I come to chat with Huskers sports, because the people I used to chat Husker sports with are totally absorbed with politics now. I will refrain from posting about politics and religion in the future. GBR

HOL has a point system that allows the mods to assign points to posters that get out of line. When points are assigned, they will expire after one year. It is an accumulative point system. If you amass 10 points in a years time, then that is a week vacation. 20 points is a month, 30 points is 3 months, 40 is 6 months, etc. We also have the ability to give a week vacation with an automatic 10 points and for the more severe offenders, we can permaban them. There is 2 ways to permaban. We can take the ability to post or we can take away the ability to post and read.
Can we also add no more I'll show you my DD214, Rambo scars, I'll kick your a$$ and fake suicide threads?

What about arguments about whether or not deep dish really qualifies as pizza? Or whether or not the Monkees count as a real band? Or what the proper level of done-ness is for a steak? Because people who answer incorrectly to any of these deserve to be driven to the margins of society!

In my old case, this is the ONLY chat board I frequent. That's my excuse for chiming in and adding to the political threads. Wrong? To the letter of the law of this site, yes. But seriously, I like bantering and discussing with everyone on here. I still stand by my offer that I would like to meet each and everyone on here for a drink and a steak. We're family except for those stepchildren from the East that post here but I guess that's what family reunions are for.

Good discussion and debate is healthy. Hate and discord is not.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT