ADVERTISEMENT

Political posts and threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously people? Nothing has changed here as far as it is concerned with political and religious posts. I came on here after I got home and saw there were a couple political threads started and locked. Political/religious threads are not allowed here, no matter what. Everyone should know that. I am tired of people pushing the limits on this and there will be zero tolerance for it. For the near future, if we see a political post/thread, the poster will earn a week paid vacation to Chile from me, @rrthusker or @sparky62

If you think your post pushes the limits, don't post it.

Best post I’ve read on here in weeks. Thanks brother!

When I read a thread title that could be politically motivated...I don’t open it. As soon as a thread begins to turn political...I close it. It really isn’t that hard. Winking

HOL has a point system that allows the mods to assign points to posters that get out of line. When points are assigned, they will expire after one year. It is an accumulative point system. If you amass 10 points in a years time, then that is a week vacation. 20 points is a month, 30 points is 3 months, 40 is 6 months, etc. We also have the ability to give a week vacation with an automatic 10 points and for the more severe offenders, we can permaban them. There is 2 ways to permaban. We can take the ability to post or we can take away the ability to post and read.
How many points do I get for this?
giphy.gif

What a bunch of snowflakes. I weep for Nebraska. You have the option to open any thread or not to. There are just too many little bitches looking to get their feelings hurt. Be your own freakin moderator, no need to go full puss.

Reactions: LikeNebraska
Seriously people? Nothing has changed here as far as it is concerned with political and religious posts. I came on here after I got home and saw there were a couple political threads started and locked. Political/religious threads are not allowed here, no matter what. Everyone should know that. I am tired of people pushing the limits on this and there will be zero tolerance for it. For the near future, if we see a political post/thread, the poster will earn a week paid vacation to Chile from me, @rrthusker or @sparky62

If you think your post pushes the limits, don't post it.

I posted a link to the Penn State rivals test board I believe twice in years past. So people would have a place to discuss policy and politics. Both times my post was removed. Is this ok with you Kaz?

I tried after it was reported. But I can’t for some reason.

That isn't acceptable. Cursing! Say it ain't so! A political stance you don't agree with cringe.

Not alot going on with these boards. Change your avatar. You are objectifying an obese person. See how weak that is?

Reactions: jeans15
That isn't acceptable. Cursing! Say it ain't so! A political stance you don't agree with cringe.

Not alot going on with these boards. Change your avatar. You are objectifying an obese person. See how weak that is?

The point isn’t that there is a political option that I disagree with. There have been plenty of political opinions stated her that I completely agree with, but this isn’t the place for political discussion. There’s a ton of places on the Internet for that. This isn’t one of them.

And for whatever reason I can’t after it was reported. Otherwise I would have after it was reported. There are rules here and it isn’t that big of a deal to follow them.

I’m also on reddit, where there are a lot less rules and plenty of places to discuss political opinions and objectify obese people. So I can easily get my fix there.

The point isn’t that there is a political option that I disagree with. There have been plenty of political opinions stated her that I completely agree with, but this isn’t the place for political discussion. There’s a ton of places on the Internet for that. This isn’t one of them.

And for whatever reason I can’t after it was reported. Otherwise I would have after it was reported. There are rules here and it isn’t that big of a deal to follow them.

I’m also on reddit, where there are a lot less rules and plenty of places to discuss political opinions and objectify obese people. So I can easily get my fix there.

lol, that is fine, and I I understand the rules. I'm more disturbed by the people on this board and how easily they are are offended or rustled. Carry on. Happy Easter weekend.

lol, that is fine, and I I understand the rules. I'm more disturbed by the people on this board and how easily they are are offended or rustled. Carry on. Happy Easter weekend.

Faux outrage is one thing, which I think we can agree on. But multiple threads dedicated to the Mueller report or what party a person is leaving seems completely unnecessary for a football board. And discussing politics, which I’ve admittedly done in here, so I’m plenty guilty, isn’t going to change a single persons mind. So it’s a waste of keystrokes and really only divides a group of people who all root for the same thing.

At least for me, one of the great things about sports is the lack of politics. Bringing it here just sucks and is of no benefit.

Also, Happy Easter to you as well!

What a bunch of snowflakes. I weep for Nebraska. You have the option to open any thread or not to. There are just too many little bitches looking to get their feelings hurt. Be your own freakin moderator, no need to go full puss.
Sounds good. Next time I'm driving by the grade school I'll pull over, get out, and pull my pants down. By your logic, the burden is on the kids - if they don't want to look at my private parts, they should just turn away.

Or....I could understand what is acceptable in my gym locker room is not appropriate curbside at a grade school. If everybody does whatever objectionable thing they want and expect people who don't like it to just ignore them, society will be grand, won't it?

BTW, i suspect you lost a point for using the "B"-word.

I posted a link to the Penn State rivals test board I believe twice in years past. So people would have a place to discuss policy and politics. Both times my post was removed. Is this ok with you Kaz?
I don’t know who deleted it. I didn’t see it. As long as politics aren’t discussed here, I’m fine with it.

What about arguments about whether or not deep dish really qualifies as pizza? Or whether or not the Monkees count as a real band? Or what the proper level of done-ness is for a steak? Because people who answer incorrectly to any of these deserve to be driven to the margins of society!
"Die Hard" is a Christmas movie.

:D

Reactions: mothmonsterman
Sounds good. Next time I'm driving by the grade school I'll pull over, get out, and pull my pants down. By your logic, the burden is on the kids - if they don't want to look at my private parts, they should just turn away.

Or....I could understand what is acceptable in my gym locker room is not appropriate curbside at a grade school. If everybody does whatever objectionable thing they want and expect people who don't like it to just ignore them, society will be grand, won't it?

BTW, i suspect you lost a point for using the "B"-word.

How is choosing to view a thread or not the same as subjecting children to a micro? Cali-logic, the county needs more of this....

In my old case, this is the ONLY chat board I frequent. That's my excuse for chiming in and adding to the political threads. Wrong? To the letter of the law of this site, yes. But seriously, I like bantering and discussing with everyone on here. I still stand by my offer that I would like to meet each and everyone on here for a drink and a steak. We're family except for those stepchildren from the East that post here but I guess that's what family reunions are for.

Good discussion and debate is healthy. Hate and discord is not.

That's all.
Make it 3/4" cut t-bone and bud light and I probably could follow the smell from your grill and find your place

I backed away from this site several months ago for various reasons. It never ceases to be amazed how a post about football turns into a pillow fight about 10 posts in. I learned a long time ago that I was not going to change people's minds about religion and politics. I draw the line at a complete lack of looking at the data to support said positions. When one makes bold and unsupported statements as fact then they need to support them, don't just call the questioning person a name.

I saw someone asks about profanity and I ask about the name calling. You can often tell when a person has no rebuttal and they resort to name calling. Why is that allowed, thought it was one of the "rules" as well?

Had a school board member tell me when I was a HS principal that he thought being a HS principal was the worst job ever. At least I got paid to do that, I wouldn't want to be a mod. Oh, and I have never understood why Iowa posts are replied to at all or with "Iowa Sucks" when they clearly do not. But then that is just me trying to figure out the greatest mysteries of life. :) BTW, this is all my opinion!

I like to talk politics but this ain't the place for it. Go somewhere else to tell people how your party is so ethical.

I enjoy the convos on here but this board is getting weak. Who cares about a little language and some politics talk? I mean it’s real life. It is what it is, but our mods are way too sensitive. I follow the board rules, but lighten up a little bit.

Reactions: red scowl
I enjoy the convos on here but this board is getting weak. Who cares about a little language and some politics talk? I mean it’s real life. It is what it is, but our mods are way too sensitive. I follow the board rules, but lighten up a little bit.
We try to keep this a g-rated board as there are a lot of kids on here. Not only that but if people can't post without dropping an f-bomb and the likes, then they have way to many issues.

Husker football/sports message board with some good off topics such as cars, food, travel, dumb Iowa fans. Seems pretty simple to me. The political/religious items rarely end well, so I’m good without them here, plenty of other sites around to banter around those subjects.

Oh, I forgot, Sparky’s sauce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT