ADVERTISEMENT

"Playing for iowa football was a living nightmare.."

Except dozens of other players have already come out and said the same things. Iowa has already fired their S&C coach. Yet you're not quick to take either side and hilariously say "both sides share some guilt here." Whatever personal flaws Wadley has are irrelevant.

We are dealing with one of the most reprehensible and deep-rooted racist institutions when it comes to the University of Iowa football program. Find another football program operating like this. The Department of Justice should be stepping in very soon to investigate these cretins. We may also be looking at some civil rights violations and hate crime enhancement penalties for the jack-booted thugs involved.
Yet a kid from Omaha area that we’d take in a heartbeat, whose dad played at UNL, still plans on going iowa. Crazy world.

At the very least, the coronation of his kid to take the reins is probably for sure a no-go. Too bad, I think that would be a good thing for NU. Now watch Big Game Bob take that job.

At the very least, the coronation of his kid to take the reins is probably for sure a no-go. Too bad, I think that would be a good thing for NU. Now watch Big Game Bob take that job.

hush, top gun is listening .;)

Last edited:
This just confirmed what I've always known...why would anyone want to play football at Iowa?

Look at the proud Big 10:

A cover up of pedophiles and sex abusers at Penn State and Michigan State, and a culture of racism at Iowa. These institutions and their alumni should never stand for this kind of crap.

This just confirmed what I've always known...why would anyone want to play football at Iowa?

Look at the proud Big 10:

A cover up of pedophiles and sex abusers at Penn State and Michigan State, and a culture of racism at Iowa. These institutions and their alumni should never stand for this kind of crap.

it is indeed a creepy conference. Love the crow Iowa fans are eating. They’ll be eating it for a looooong time.

Yet we should stand for some of the things Osborne stood for during his time at Nebraska? What about the scandals/controversies at UNC, Miami, Alabama, SMU, and the list goes on and on. This is college athletics unfortunately.

I happen to believe Kirk is a good man. Like many of us, we maybe overlooked some things in the past that a close friend has said or done because we still believed they were a good person. Perhaps that friend didn't act like a jerk or an ass when we were around, but the minute we turned our back they changed how they acted. Sometimes I think we are too quick to throw the guy at the top under the bus for something he legitimately may not know about. That's not just in college athletics. Brian is a bit of a hot head, but I don't think that is anything most didn't already know. I'd be willing to bet there is a hot head or two on the Nebraska coaching staff, as well. Hell on any staff for that matter.

Right now Iowa is the easy target and they are a rival. If people believe only these accusations happen at Iowa - you are likely mistaken. Iowa will get past this and personally I hope they do. Guessing people on this board would be acting just like Iowa fans if the roles were reversed.

At this point all I'm hoping for is that we get college football. We can attend games and enjoy the pageantry of the greatest sport this country has to offer!

Reactions: hexumhawk
Yet we should stand for some of the things Osborne stood for during his time at Nebraska? What about the scandals/controversies at UNC, Miami, Alabama, SMU, and the list goes on and on. This is college athletics unfortunately.

I happen to believe Kirk is a good man. Like many of us, we maybe overlooked some things in the past that a close friend has said or done because we still believed they were a good person. Perhaps that friend didn't act like a jerk or an ass when we were around, but the minute we turned our back they changed how they acted. Sometimes I think we are too quick to throw the guy at the top under the bus for something he legitimately may not know about. That's not just in college athletics. Brian is a bit of a hot head, but I don't think that is anything most didn't already know. I'd be willing to bet there is a hot head or two on the Nebraska coaching staff, as well. Hell on any staff for that matter.

Right now Iowa is the easy target and they are a rival. If people believe only these accusations happen at Iowa - you are likely mistaken. Iowa will get past this and personally I hope they do. Guessing people on this board would be acting just like Iowa fans if the roles were reversed.

At this point all I'm hoping for is that we get college football. We can attend games and enjoy the pageantry of the greatest sport this country has to offer!
The Ole everyone is doing it. And no I don’t even want to think about what it would be like if the roles were reversed.

We aren't the ones raking Ferentz, Ferentz, & Co. over the coals.

Legions of their former players are. Not one butthurt player. Not a few butthurt players.

People who know them far better than you or I do (which is not at all).

In my experience over the years no fan base has denigrated Tom Osborne more than Iowa, not even Colorado. So it's pretty interesting to now see the "holier than thou" Hawkeyes becoming a national embarrassment.

If you were a black player at iowa, how did you allow a younger black player to commit knowing the coaches were racist?

Reactions: CatColumbia
If you were a black player at iowa, how did you allow a younger black player to commit knowing the coaches were racist?

This is actually a really interesting question. I have wondered how many times hosts have warned their guests during a recruiting visit. I am sure it happens but I wonder to what extent.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
The only thing that makes sense to me is a desire to win. I may be miserable here but if we field a good team and get some wins it blunts the misery somewhat.

I don’t know that that’s the answer, just what comes to mind for me.

The only thing that makes sense to me is a desire to win. I may be miserable here but if we field a good team and get some wins it blunts the misery somewhat.

I don’t know that that’s the answer, just what comes to mind for me.

Well we don't have to wonder in Wadley's case. We know he liked his time there enough he lobbied for his brother to go there, as did his mom. So it seems reasonable to assume he spoke highly of his time in Iowa's program to his brother as well. It looks like he became a lying deadbeat who revised his time there a decade later for some reason.

Well we don't have to wonder in Wadley's case. We know he liked his time there enough he lobbied for his brother to go there, as did his mom. So it seems reasonable to assume he spoke highly of his time in Iowa's program to his brother as well. It looks like he became a lying deadbeat who revised his time there a decade later for some reason.
This is also very possible and another explanation.

Wadley jumping on the MeToo bandwagon.

I’m still waiting to hear about any blatant racism within the Iowa program, to date I have not heard of any.

I’m still waiting to hear about any blatant racism within the Iowa program, to date I have not heard of any.
Oh yeah...there we go. Racism is okay if it is the "wink wink nudge nudge" type...I bet Doyle was like "And for the last time guys...we are not serving fried chicken and watermelon at the training table...ha ha ha" . Looks over at coach with a wink.

Yet we should stand for some of the things Osborne stood for during his time at Nebraska?

Right before the Colorado game all I heard about was the "pedophile" content coming out on the Buffs message boards regarding MW and how he shouldn't be starting for Nebraska and that NU is up to old tricks with guys like that... We knew the story and what he was trying to overcome but it wasn't pleasant to read... you're right in that every team has had it's issues over time

Iowa fan here. Though I take what Akrum says with a grain of salt due to his many many tweets/pushing his brother to Iowa/his moms past tweets/allegations of taking money from fans... etc etc etc.... I do think he put up with some bullying bullsh%t at Iowa. Yes, I think he fabricated some stuff and I believe some others did as well due to evidence presented, but imo there is still enough players and enough smoke to know their are major issues within the culture. Intentional or unintentional I do believe this is for the best (tho it hurts as a fan). If large claims like KF took his meal card away I feel like that could be tracked pretty easily. If it is true than fire Kirk immediately. I doubt that’s it’s true tho (not that evidence matters only perception on the twitterverse).

That being said Iowa is using the same private company to investigate that Utah did. If you haven’t read that... do... wowza. If Iowa’s looks anything like that I see some sweeping change come and I’d support it. I’m hopeful because this team is unified but also nervous (but also want the truth) about what is to come good or bad.

Personally, I still don’t know how baby boy Brian survives this. We will see! Living in Bellevue I don’t share the same hatred for the Scarlet and Creme. Always enjoy seeing these local kids have success. Even at Nebraska. Have a good one fellas.

Iowa fan here. Though I take what Akrum says with a grain of salt due to his many many tweets/pushing his brother to Iowa/his moms past tweets/allegations of taking money from fans... etc etc etc.... I do think he put up with some bullying bullsh%t at Iowa. Yes, I think he fabricated some stuff and I believe some others did as well due to evidence presented, but imo there is still enough players and enough smoke to know their are major issues within the culture. Intentional or unintentional I do believe this is for the best (tho it hurts as a fan). If large claims like KF took his meal card away I feel like that could be tracked pretty easily. If it is true than fire Kirk immediately. I doubt that’s it’s true tho (not that evidence matters only perception on the twitterverse).

That being said Iowa is using the same private company to investigate that Utah did. If you haven’t read that... do... wowza. If Iowa’s looks anything like that I see some sweeping change come and I’d support it. I’m hopeful because this team is unified but also nervous (but also want the truth) about what is to come good or bad.

Personally, I still don’t know how baby boy Brian survives this. We will see! Living in Bellevue I don’t share the same hatred for the Scarlet and Creme. Always enjoy seeing these local kids have success. Even at Nebraska. Have a good one fellas.
post this on your own board. we already know what a smoldering craphill ferentz presides over.

I wish more Iowa fans would post in this fashion… Thanks for the post.

Pretty much this. No program out there is squeaky clean. With most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle and given the body of work and the character that everyone who knows KF raves about, I will side with him over a couple of former players that have an axe to grind. Sounds like the players that came out in a serious manner that wanted to fix some things were heard and action was taken so we will see how it shakes out.

Sir yes sir! Hostile guy aren’t ya. Just figured I’d have some civil dialogue with the fan base I live around. It’s okay to talk outside the echo chamber. Have good one.
Again, take your own advice and espouse your wisdom within the echo chamber that is the iowa board

I wish more Iowa fans would post in this fashion… Thanks for the post.

No problem, I enjoy dialogue. Especially with a rival fan base about a polarizing issue. Sometimes we can all get caught in our echo chamber. Being in Bellevue the last 13 years the vast majority of my friends are “N” as you say haha. Good people and fans. I think you’d experience the same thing the farther east you go. It’s hostile at the border. I don’t think twitter is a great representation of our base (honestly not for anyone’s fan base). Anyway keep the dialogue going. We will see where this all goes and I’ll probably check in when things are revealed. Keep it classy and have a great day!

Pretty much this. No program out there is squeaky clean. With most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle and given the body of work and the character that everyone who knows KF raves about, I will side with him over a couple of former players that have an axe to grind. Sounds like the players that came out in a serious manner that wanted to fix some things were heard and action was taken so we will see how it shakes out.
This is a lot harder for me to accept. I get that y want to take up for your coach. But a couple of former players? Really? Last I checked, over 50 is more than just a couple, unless you’re Mormon.

No problem, I enjoy dialogue. Especially with a rival fan base about a polarizing issue. Sometimes we can all get caught in our echo chamber. Being in Bellevue the last 13 years the vast majority of my friends are “N” as you say haha. Good people and fans. I think you’d experience the same thing the farther east you go. It’s hostile at the border. I don’t think twitter is a great representation of our base (honestly not for anyone’s fan base). Anyway keep the dialogue going. We will see where this all goes and I’ll probably check in when things are revealed. Keep it classy and have a great day!
racism is polarizing?

keep sweeping, iowa fan. I’m sure you can find more room under the ferentz family rug.

racism is polarizing?

keep sweeping, iowa fan. I’m sure you can find more room under the ferentz family rug.

You are reaching. If that’s what you got from what I said I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll talk to other posters if they want to have a civil discussion. Have a good day young sir.

You are reaching. If that’s what you got from what I said I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll talk to other posters if they want to have a civil discussion. Have a good day young sir.
You said you enjoy talking with a rival (lol) fan base about a polarizing issue. The issue at hand is racism at iowa.

what else was I supposed to glean?

we don’t need your feel-good virtue signaling. We agree you root for a garbage program. If you really believe what you say and want to go against an echo chamber, tell this to the other iowa fans who want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

This is a lot harder for me to accept. I get that y want to take up for your coach. But a couple of former players? Really? Last I checked, over 50 is more than just a couple, unless you’re Mormon.

I understand your point. I think there was a large majority of former black players that wanted it acknowledged and some change initiated and it looks like they are doing that. Then there was the small minority that went scorched earth in Wadley and Flemming. I guess I am singling them out as outliers with maybe some other motives (rhymes with swimsuit). Anyway, we are all on the outside so will never really know the 100% truth but given KFs track record of good deeds and humility I give him more of the benefit of the doubt on this one unless I hear more that is proven.

Reactions: Flick2.0
I understand your point. I think there was a large majority of former black players that wanted it acknowledged and some change initiated and it looks like they are doing that. Then there was the small minority that went scorched earth in Wadley and Flemming. I guess I am singling them out as outliers with maybe some other motives (rhymes with swimsuit). Anyway, we are all on the outside so will never really know the 100% truth but given KFs track record of good deeds and humility I give him more of the benefit of the doubt on this one unless I hear more that is proven.
lawsuit and swimsuit rhyme?

only in iowa, folks

Reactions: Flick2.0
You said you enjoy talking with a rival (lol) fan base about a polarizing issue. The issue at hand is racism at iowa.

what else was I supposed to glean?

we don’t need your feel-good virtue signaling. We agree you root for a garbage program. If you really believe what you say and want to go against an echo chamber, tell this to the other iowa fans who want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

Since when is having a honest discussion about the issues at Iowa virtue signaling. It’s important to get out of your echo chamber. I have talked extensively on the Iowa board about all of this. I noticed your writer Nate Clouse posted an article about it. I read it and saw your board was talking about it as well. I joined the conversation. I’m not causing trouble. I don’t understand your hostility. This isn’t some desperate attempt to defend the Iowa program or troll. It’s about a civil discussion.

Reactions: hexumhawk

giphy.gif

Reactions: thecarls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT