ADVERTISEMENT

"Playing for iowa football was a living nightmare.."

Since when is having a honest discussion about the issues at Iowa virtue signaling. It’s important to get out of your echo chamber. I have talked extensively on the Iowa board about all of this. I noticed your writer Nate Clouse posted an article about it. I read it and saw your board was talking about it as well. I joined the conversation. I’m not causing trouble. I don’t understand your hostility. This isn’t some desperate attempt to defend the Iowa program or troll. It’s about a civil discussion.
dude, you keep saying it's important to get out of your echo chamber yet you came running to a place where everyone would agree with you and there wouldn't be an 'honest discussion' (i.e., an echo chamber).

like I said, go espouse these virtues where they're needed if you really believe them and really want to have an 'honest discussion'. that's getting out of your echo chamber.

I know you're an iowa fan but c'mon, this isn't calculus.

dude, you keep saying it's important to get out of your echo chamber yet you came running to a place where everyone would agree with you and there wouldn't be an 'honest discussion' (i.e., an echo chamber).

like I said, go espouse these virtues where they're needed if you really believe them and really want to have an 'honest discussion'. that's getting out of your echo chamber.

I know you're an iowa fan but c'mon, this isn't calculus.

I suppose the Husker fans I know in the real world have been curious and have had great convos with each and every one. I’ll leave, but damn dude get a grip.

I suppose the Husker fans I know in the real world have been curious and have had great convos with each and every one. I’ll leave, but damn dude get a grip.
curious about what?

you: KF is running a dirty program & I don't see how BF survives

husker fans: I agree

what more is there to this convo? like I said, you get it now go tell your friends. they're the ones who need to hear it.

This is a lot harder for me to accept. I get that y want to take up for your coach. But a couple of former players? Really? Last I checked, over 50 is more than just a couple, unless you’re Mormon.

The vast majority of those 50+ guys have said that they want KF leading the change and they’re satisfied with Doyle being gone. The guys you cite themselves are “taking up for their coach.”

There are proven head cases like DJK and Wadley who’ve aligned themselves with a media consultant who’s putting these melodramatic statements out from disgruntled former players who got run off while they ramp up for some lawsuit - “he called me a mother effer when I parked illegally!” - but the rest of the guys are level headed and want Kirk to stay.

of course you don't. you don't think legitimizing people who have real gripes with authority is a good thing, yet espouse the righteousness of personal freedom (obtained by the legitimization of people with real gripes with authority) when it's convenient for you.

'do people think they're always going to agree with people in positions of authority?' please save this thought. people in positions of authority can F off if their M-O is to browbeat subordinates at every turn. authority is earned and rent is due every day.

1776. look it up.

He keeps talking about people being "bullied." It's amusing when the power establishment plays victim in a crisis. Blindly labeling everyone who speaks out a "bully" is also a convenient way to ignore uncomfortable messages.

Wadley sounds like a POS with some serious inconsistencies in his stories and behavior. I personally won't lend a lot of credence to what he has to say based on his track record, but I also won't use it as a cop out to dismiss the comments of the ~50 other former Hawkeyes who have gone public.

The most telling was the thread when we discussed Chuba Hubbard, the OSU player who spoke out about Gundy. Our resident anti-bullying advocate's take was that Hubbard should be "blackballed" (his word, not mine) for LIFE because of his initial emotionally-charged Tweet. It didn't matter that he apologized for it, worked things out with Gundy, has been a model teammate, etc.

Ruining someone's career before it even starts, taking away their livelihood and life-long dream, would seem like bullying by even the most forgiving standard. Rational people would argue that "blackballing" someone goes far beyond bullying. So much for an eye for an eye... more like both legs for an eye.

But the irony of it is what's so ridiculous...

"I refuse to be bullied via social media. My solution is for all NFL owners to collude in order to take away a young man's career opportunities."

(Not a literal quote but no far from his post.)

How about this instead... if a player who speaks out is truly a POS, not truthful in their accounts, intentionally tries to destroy someone's career due to a personal grudge, etc., then let that come out in the wash.

From my experience, people who operate that way don't need any help in destroying their career.

He keeps talking about people being "bullied." It's amusing when the power establishment plays victim in a crisis. Blindly labeling everyone who speaks out a "bully" is also a convenient way to ignore uncomfortable messages.

Wadley sounds like a POS with some serious inconsistencies in his stories and behavior. I personally won't lend a lot of credence to what he has to say based on his track record, but I also won't use it as a cop out to dismiss the comments of the ~50 other former Hawkeyes who have gone public.

The most telling was the thread when we discussed Chuba Hubbard, the OSU player who spoke out about Gundy. Our resident anti-bullying advocate's take was that Hubbard should be "blackballed" (his word, not mine) for LIFE because of his initial emotionally-charged Tweet. It didn't matter that he apologized for it, worked things out with Gundy, has been a model teammate, etc.

Ruining someone's career before it even starts, taking away their livelihood and life-long dream, would seem like bullying by even the most forgiving standard. Rational people would argue that "blackballing" someone goes far beyond bullying. So much for an eye for an eye... more like both legs for an eye.

But the irony of it is what's so ridiculous...

"I refuse to be bullied via social media. My solution is for all NFL owners to collude in order to take away a young man's career opportunities."

(Not a literal quote but no far from his post.)

How about this instead... if a player who speaks out is truly a POS, not truthful in their accounts, intentionally tries to destroy someone's career due to a personal grudge, etc., then let that come out in the wash.

From my experience, people who operate that way don't need any help in destroying their career.
All true, but it’s still sooooo much fun that this is happening to Iowa. The Iowa message board presence is full of dbag idiots, just sayin..RollingLaughfirst there was Colorado then there was K State...........and Missouri fans have always been an interesting bunch, but Iowa fans take the cake for D Baggery!!RollingLaugh

Here's the deal Kaz and Doyle were asshats both are gone. The issue is pretty much dead time to move on.

No Baby Ferentz is still there and he's the biggest asshat of the whole bunch. Besides Iowa fans wanted any bad pub that happened to Nebraska to linger as long as possible...I wish Iowa the same.

Baby Ferentz? You do realize he could kick your ass 7 ways to Sunday? How about a link showing he was the worst of the group?

Baby Ferentz? You do realize he could kick your ass 7 ways to Sunday? How about a link showing he was the worst of the group?

hahahahaha oh my god. You’re such an embarrassment. Dear lord. I know you’re going to be angry at the post but please don’t respond to it, for that would just further prove my point.

my dad could kick your dads ass. Hahaha you’re such a loser bro. My lord.

Here's the deal Kaz and Doyle were asshats both are gone. The issue is pretty much dead time to move on.

Its not going away.

I think the precedent has been set on the Iowa board. I still see posts regarding the Scott Frost closet incident that happened about 25 years ago. Hell theres one poster who brings up Johnny Rodgers trouble that happened nearly 50 years ago.

I'll definitely be returning the favor and talking about Kirk the Klansman, and his fat, loud mouthed, racist boy for the next 25 years.

On the subject of getting your a$$ kicked, you threw Kaz and Doyle under the bus, and they would both gangster slapped you into next year.

Last edited:
1. Doyle had zero finesse and was like a hammer that treated every player as a nail.

2. Many of the players who have voiced an issue came from programs that had zero white players or white coaches so that in itself added to the cultural adjustment problems.

The Captain has righted the ship, I just want the season to get underway.

I feel very sad for the little African American kids who are being treated at the Children's Hospital in Iowa City. I've heard the nurses and doctors don't even wash their hands before taking care of those kids. And when Ferentz waves at the hospital during games he's only waving at the White Kids.

I feel very sad for the little African American kids who are being treated at the Children's Hospital in Iowa City. I've heard the nurses and doctors don't even wash their hands before taking care of those kids. And when Ferentz waves at the hospital during games he's only waving at the White Kids.

C’mon that is hitting below the belt and I respect you as a poster..

keep up the great work, iowa

probably some ferentz relatives following in the family tradition

disgusting

Come on, man. That kind of ignorance can occur damn near anywhere in damn near any population. Not a fan of most Iowa fans, but to use that article as proof of racism of a fan base is just silly. I get that most (not all) of the Iowa trolls who come here are dingleberries, so not arguing that. And Rick Chick (D!ck girl? Chick with a d!ck?), if you hear that daily on the streets of Omaha, I'm thinking Doyle must have moved here and you're hanging with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: gw2kpro and timnsun

LOL. Our assistant coaches can beat up your assistant coaches.

No, sorry, don't have a link.

Come on, man. That kind of ignorance can occur damn near anywhere in damn near any population. Not a fan of most Iowa fans, but to use that article as proof of racism of a fan base is just silly. I get that most (not all) of the Iowa trolls who come here are dingleberries, so not arguing that. And Rick Chick (D!ck girl? Chick with a d!ck?), if you hear that daily on the streets of Omaha, I'm thinking Doyle must have moved here and you're hanging with him.
come on, man. not every post is as deadly serious as the allegations against kirk ferentz's football program.

Not only is this a non story anymore, recruiting has taken off like a rocket ship. According to the minority players the environment is wonderful.

Not saying this stuff didn't happen, but if it did, there must have been MASSIVE player turnover in their program, yes? I don't follow them, so is that the case?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT