ADVERTISEMENT

People need to be patient with Rhule …..

Lots of “improvement in year 3” talk off and rolling already

What a joke!

We play in the worst division in P5. We should win 8+ in 2023.
Expect we'll improve years 1 and 2 and 8 wins is probably obtainable in year 1 in this lousy division. Just mean that year 3 or so is usually when the results from recruiting start becoming pretty visible

No need to rain on the parade. He’s a solid coach and a solid hire. I don’t like the 8 year deal but we were not in a great negotiating position unless we wanted to go to a lower profile guy.

I don’t think we have to worry about him getting kicked out of any country clubs. Lots more track record to gauge what he’s going to be
Parades are for championships not turnover

Isn’t it a bad sign that right after the hire people are saying we need to give him time?

We just gave 6 years of time to really bad football. How much more time do you need? And Time for what? To go to a bowl game? Rhule’s not 2 games better than what we had this year?

Man the rose color glasses just don’t work anymore.

The guy turned Temple into a winner.

Freaking Temple, for pete’s sake.

Then took an absolute dumpster fire at Baylor and turned that around.

I expect he will have Nebraska winning 9 games per season in short order. The question is, can he get the program back to competing for national championships?

Isn’t it a bad sign that right after the hire people are saying we need to give him time?

We just gave 6 years of time to really bad football. How much more time do you need? And Time for what? To go to a bowl game? Rhule’s not 2 games better than what we had this year?

So we've used up our patience on ginger Jesus, this guy has to win now. Makes sense.

He is a class act that will turn things around the right way. He has his work cut out for him because of the debacle left by the last couple of coaching hires. It is not going to happen overnight ala Baylor but I expect steady incremental improvement with accountability, toughness and organization.
He had 10+ wins in his 3 rd at both temple and Baylor, give him some time

He absolutely deserves time. Nebraska football has sucked for almost the last decade. No one they hire would be an instant fix. Rhule has had a track record of program building. Year 1 - they suck. Year 2 - they're quite a bit better and year 3 - 10 wins.

If he's able to put together a great staff, perhaps the timeline speeds up a little but I am not expecting miracles. When your program sucks for nearly a decade, it is going to take time to build and build it right.

So we've used up our patience on ginger Jesus, this guy has to win now. Makes sense.
Such is life. I’m sorry it’s not fair but people aren’t going to waste Saturdays for dam near a decade hoping things finally turn around. The stadium is already looking more empty every game.

College kids eventually would rather drink and have fun then to watch their school get their ass handed to them in a stadium that doesn’t sell beer. And they didn’t grow up in a time where Nebraska football was great.

It’s down to old folks and yes, some are getting inpatient. Hell there were many Saturdays this year where I looked at my little 2 year old daughter and thought “why the **** did I watch Nebraska football on this beautiful day vs making this day about you”… more and more people don’t want to do it anymore. Some will always be there. But it’s really fading. He has to take us to a bowl year 1 or you’ll see a massive drop in fan support. You can’t expect people to wait 8-9 years for a bowl.

And yes it’s not Rhule’s fault but he took the money, it’s now his problem

He and a couple others on here are just throwing temper tantrums cuz their boy Mickey didn't get the gig. Bad news is, if we aren't kicking ass asap, they will be here multiple times a day to remind us all how smart they are.
He’s your boy and you guys don’t even have enough fair in him to win next year? How the **** is someone whose not a fan of him going to buy in? Really? Use your brain

Such is life. I’m sorry it’s not fair but people aren’t going to waste Saturdays for dam near a decade hoping things finally turn around. The stadium is already looking more empty every game.

College kids eventually would rather drink and have fun then to watch their school get their ass handed to them in a stadium that doesn’t sell beer. And they didn’t grow up in a time where Nebraska football was great.

It’s down to old folks and yes, some are getting inpatient. Hell there were many Saturdays this year where I looked at my little 2 year old daughter and thought “why the **** did I watch Nebraska football on this beautiful day vs making this day about you”… more and more people don’t want to do it anymore. Some will always be there. But it’s really fading. He has to take us to a bowl year 1 or you’ll see a massive drop in fan support. You can’t expect people to wait 8-9 years for a bowl.

And yes it’s not Rhule’s fault but he took the money, it’s now his problem
Sounds like you need to watch the "man up" matt rhule clip. Only 20 minutes, and you'll be better for it.

He’s your boy and you guys don’t even have enough fair in him to win next year? How the **** is someone whose not a fan of him going to buy in? Really? Use your brain
Who are you talking to? Maybe put the phone down for a few minutes and spend time with your daughter. You're getting a little worked up.

Reactions: Dylman
Sounds like you need to watch the "man up" matt rhule clip. Only 20 minutes, and you'll be better for it.
Apparently the “man up” is a 3 to 4 year plan. 😂

First year you don’t man up at all. You actually “bitch up.”

Year two you get a little better and “boy up”

Year 3 you finally can “man up.”

WTF, Rhule’s got infomercials now

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Who are you talking to? Maybe put the phone down for a few minutes and spend time with your daughter. You're getting a little worked up.
I’m sorry all of that was over your head. I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to people who can make comprehensive thoughts

• Haha
This being "optimistic" is a recent development for you Pennsy!

I will use the terms "cautiously optimistic."

I love how much advice MR is already receiving on here. He is obviously not seen as smart enough to figure this out on his own! :)
I am always optimistic when we hire a new coach. Hope springs eternal. I was through the roof ecstatic and optimistic when Frost was hired. I even bought one of those stupid "Frost Warning" T shirts. I threw it away after we lost to Colorado for the second time. Optimism has its limits!

Interesting take

One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up moving forward."
I'm good with that. There is zero to be gained by crapping all over the previous guy.

I'm good with that. There is zero to be gained by crapping all over the previous guy.
he would've been an absolute instant hero if he said frost sucked worse than any coach in NU history and we need to tear it all down immediately & that's what attracted him to the job

instead this comment makes me think he's never seen one second of Nebraska Football

We should have won 7 this year (NW, GaSo, plus one of WI, IL, PU, MN)

Next year's slate is just as manageable. Unless MR decimates the roster in order to "build for the future " I see a reasonable path to 7 or 8 wins.

Acceptable improvement and the benefit of a bowl game. I'd expect year 2 to be the biggest improvement as per his track record. I just don't see 1-2-3 win seasons as part of the plan.

he would've been an absolute instant hero if he said frost sucked worse than any coach in NU history and we need to tear it all down immediately & that's what attracted him to the job

instead this comment makes me think he's never seen one second of Nebraska Football
As much personal enjoyment as it would have given me to hear Rhule say, "I'm not some arrogant, lazy clown looking for a fat payday" - there's nothing to gained by that.

Wash away the horrible stench of the Scott Frost era behind closed doors, where it matters, and with actions rather than words.

He is a class act that will turn things around the right way. He has his work cut out for him because of the debacle left by the last couple of coaching hires. It is not going to happen overnight ala Baylor but I expect steady incremental improvement with accountability, toughness and organization.
No offense, but this patience excuse we have adopted in the last several years is pathetic. When a coach can come into and Iowa State or Kansas and turn them around and get them winning within a couple of years, there is absolutely no excuse in the world for not being able to do it at Nebraska.

I will wait and see

Do people not learn from the past?

Sucking this fat guy off day 1 is pointless

Hope he’s good. Not holding my breath
Sadly, I think I'm with you. This hire gives me very much the same feeling to me as Riley and Callahan.

Perhaps I was naive to expect more with this hire. Reading the ESPN article makes me even more nervous:

"One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend."

Yikes.

Sadly, I think I'm with you. This hire gives me very much the same feeling to me as Riley and Callahan.

Perhaps I was naive to expect more with this hire. Reading the ESPN article makes me even more nervous:

"One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend."

Yikes.
like with Callahan, there is stuff to like about Rhule

I'm big on intangibles, especially when it comes to leadership. somebody said it elsewhere but I think it deserves more mention: there is a chance Rhule is embarrassed by his results in CAR. like, personally embarrassed. and there are people who have actual pride and character who are driven by those types of things.

I hope Rhule is red-ass pissed & ready to prove something to everybody on the planet the second he sets foot in North Stadium

Yikes.
And Matt didn’t play for the huskers in the 90s

F that.. they gave no patience to MJ, why should I give any to that douche.. he better produce right away.

So Mickey would win 8 next year as many are demanding of Rhule? Doubt you'd bet your house on that.
I’m falling to understand when I said either 8 wins or Mickey would?

I’m just saying Rhule should at least go to a bowl next year. That’s the bar. And he’s being paid to do a job and we shouldn’t treat it with kid gloves. Bo came in to a dumpster and did just find year one. 9-4 and won a New Year’s Day bowl. BC and Frost did not do well first year and we saw how that worked.

To say let’s give him a pass next year needs to be defined. Do i expect him to win the west? No. Do I expect him to go to a bowl? Hell yes I do.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT