ADVERTISEMENT

People need to be patient with Rhule …..

CoastGuard2018

Walk On
Jul 25, 2017
He is a class act that will turn things around the right way. He has his work cut out for him because of the debacle left by the last couple of coaching hires. It is not going to happen overnight ala Baylor but I expect steady incremental improvement with accountability, toughness and organization.

He is a class act that will turn things around the right way. He has his work cut out for him because of the debacle left by the last couple of coaching hires. It is not going to happen overnight ala Baylor but I expect steady incremental improvement with accountability, toughness and organization.
Ill take that.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Hopefully- and I think this is true - Mickey got the turnaround started by improving practice habits the past 10 weeks. Rhule and his staff (which I hope still includes Mickey), will take it up a notch.
Mickey is instrumental to helping Rhule get up to speed on the team and culture ASAP so a plan of improvement can get underway.

Well we gave Frost way too much time so giving Rhule adequate time likely won't be an issue - he got an 8 year contract from Trev. Probably it's the opposite if he doesn't work out.

I definitely think the rebuilding process does NOT necessarily have to be that long. Look at Illinois. There is young talent on our team and IF Rhule is smart and aggressive with the transfer portal he can shore up some weaknesses quickly. We'll see how good he is at utilizing the transfer portal. BUT he also needs to pull together a capable staff of assistants that can mesh and work together well.

Last edited:
Lol. Patience from frosturbators? Hardly. The people that are most upset look to be women, and obese males. None of them have a clue about the game.

Several factors will go into Rhule being able to put together a winning season next year.

1. Hiring top shelf assistants who can coach and recruit their asses off.
2. Developing great chemistry with the players
3. Keeping Thompson in the fold or, if Thompson bolts, get a really solid transfer portal QB. Heck, even if we keep Thompson we need depth at that position.
4. Improving the play of the offensive line.
5. Putting together a great NIL package for this cycle and bringing in some key new players. Would love to see us get a few new offensive and defensive lineman.
6. Putting together a solid top 30 recruiting class this year, if not higher.

Doing all of those things is a tall order so yes, we need to be patient. But I am optimistic!

We should have won at least that many this year, and in theory almost everyone is back. I hope we can be competitive next year and not have the huge dip he had his first year at Temple and Baylor.
I think they are different situations honestly. Temple was a dog forever. Lackluster support and no history. Baylor was basically a halfway house. He needs to move quickly to recruit and work the portal so we have a talent upgrade going into spring ball. Plus, the fans will be overwhelming supportive and patient

We should have won at least that many this year, and in theory almost everyone is back. I hope we can be competitive next year and not have the huge dip he had his first year at Temple and Baylor.
I hope you are right but some times you have to tear things down and build it back up from scratch to install your culture, work ethic and attitude.

If history is any indication, I expect a rough year 1 and then steady progress thereafter. I'll withhold any judgment until after year 3. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm super excited but this was kind of a shitty year in the coaching carousel so I'm happy that the Huskers at least landed a solid college coach.

Year 3 to see major improvement seems to be pretty standard for coaches and that seems to be the case with Rhule as well. I'll be patient until at least then. Hopefully we'll see some good things in years 1 and 2 too and I expect that will be the case

If history is any indication, I expect a rough year 1 and then steady progress thereafter. I'll withhold any judgment until after year 3. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm super excited but this was kind of a shitty year in the coaching carousel so I'm happy that the Huskers at least landed a solid college coach.
Didn't mean to copy your year 3 thing... posted about the same time lol. Sorry about that.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Interesting take

One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up moving forward."

Lots of “improvement in year 3” talk off and rolling already

What a joke!

We play in the worst division in P5. We should win 8+ in 2023.

Reactions: oldjar07
I agree

And exactly why I will wait and see

Many and more assumed the dickhead who used to coach here would do the same
No need to rain on the parade. He’s a solid coach and a solid hire. I don’t like the 8 year deal but we were not in a great negotiating position unless we wanted to go to a lower profile guy.

I don’t think we have to worry about him getting kicked out of any country clubs. Lots more track record to gauge what he’s going to be

Several factors will go into Rhule being able to put together a winning season next year.

1. Hiring top shelf assistants who can coach and recruit their asses off.
2. Developing great chemistry with the players
3. Keeping Thompson in the fold or, if Thompson bolts, get a really solid transfer portal QB. Heck, even if we keep Thompson we need depth at that position.
4. Improving the play of the offensive line.
5. Putting together a great NIL package for this cycle and bringing in some key new players. Would love to see us get a few new offensive and defensive lineman.
6. Putting together a solid top 30 recruiting class this year, if not higher.

Doing all of those things is a tall order so yes, we need to be patient. But I am optimistic!
I would add linebackers to list.. new coach/new approach!

ADVERTISEMENT