ADVERTISEMENT

OU football player in a brawl

Mutual contest would work if was the jean jacket dude and mma guy who threw the slap than punch

It kinda is. As long as MMA guy doesn't contiue the beat down or kill the guy there is no way he's getting charged with anything and if he is it will be tossed...unless you can charge him for being a total badass, for which he is guilty.
No. He gets to do enough to subdue the guy. That could mean the guy ends up with a broken whatever, but he doesnt get to tune on the guy when its apparent he is no longer a threat. His being a total badass works against him.

We are talking about different things for sure.
For sure. We sometimes have old fashioned and outdated ideas about what is permissible when defending ourselves in fights and when it comes to home protection. The law looks at these things entirely differently than the general public. Using excessive force can get you into some serious trouble in criminal court and then in civil.

Reactions: Lincoln100
One of my life rules that I've never had to use but always keep in mind is this:

Never, ever fight a dude with messed up ears.
For anyone that doesn’t have kids wrestling that is the greatest argument against headgear being mandatory. The messed up ears is your warning.

Reactions: TheNewNU
1. At least he was fighting a dude, not punching a chick.
2. It’s a bit of a stretch to refer to a holder as a “football player”.

For sure. We sometimes have old fashioned and outdated ideas about what is permissible when defending ourselves in fights and when it comes to home protection. The law looks at these things entirely differently than the general public. Using excessive force can get you into some serious trouble in criminal court and then in civil.

Defending yourself isn't old fashioned. Unless he continued the beat down MMA is clear. Even when the other guy was down he continued to try and punch the MMA guy. If he would have said uncle and or held uo his hands in defeat, or something then it's a different ballgame...but he did none of that. He was in it to win it.

Reactions: huskerrdm
Defending yourself isn't old fashioned. Unless he continued the beat down MMA is clear. Even when the other guy was down he continued to try and punch the MMA guy. If he would have said uncle and or held uo his hands in defeat, or something then it's a different ballgame...but he did none of that. He was in it to win it.

The football player kept trying to punch the MMA guy even when he was down and toast.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I’m normally one who never sides with the football or whatever player in cases like this and like to think I look at things with an open mind. Who’s opinion would be different if this happened to a player say at the brass rail?? Be a little weird if it happened in the bathroom there though.

Last edited:

You keep assuming that the discussion is all about the video.

take note coach frost, you beat the other teams into submission none of this backing off crap

The football player has an attorney saying that he, the football player, was trying to be peacemaker.

Not what I saw in the video.

He got what he had coming.

LOL at the big tough guy who was all to happy to try and bully the smaller guy and bit off more than he bargained for and runs to an attorney when he loses.

Mutual contest would work if was the jean jacket dude and mma guy who threw the slap than punch
So you're charging MMA guy with assault, and not charging bigger kid who got throttled. I can see that, but kid who got throttled, depending on what was said, could get charged too. From the clip, he looks like he was ready to go.

So you're charging MMA guy with assault, and not charging bigger kid who got throttled. I can see that, but kid who got throttled, depending on what was said, could get charged too. From the clip, he looks like he was ready to go.
It would be battery, but I think mma guy is gonna get charged. I wonder if he called mma guy a curly headed f..k?

At the end of the video, beanie has suplexed turtle neck jean jacket against the wall. Jean jacket is clearly done dealing. He's like what the hell have I done? Beanies got him in full mount (no homo, it's an MMA term) and he's throwing haymakers to jean jackets face. I think a judge would say that was excessive. Jean jacket is in way over his head. Beanie could have sat on him and given him wet Willies. If you check the twitterverse, beanie was spotting off and using it as an opportunity to advertise their MMA gym.

Reactions: Lincoln100
It’s obvious the mma fighter has very low self esteem or just isn’t very good. Since he has so much mma training he had to get like the first ten blows in. Guys with training like that almost never throw the first punch.
It would be battery, but I think mma guy is gonna get charged. I wonder if he called mma guy a curly headed f..k?
He certainly didn't refer to him as "Nighthawk".

Also the receiver clearly touched no one in video, tells dude to **** off and get out of there. He gets slapped and sucker punched with no provocation. Dude should be charged and sued
Yeah. We dont know the entire story, but it also seems like the 2 shorter dudes are essentially blocking the only way out of the bathroom

Good fight. Wrestler shouldn't have done the left handed slap. It kept him from rolling his hip. He could have avoided the piss.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBeav815
Lucky someone isn't dead over this. Suplex and concrete floors don't end well usually. I've never been in a "real" fight in my life, but I spent the summer after I graduated from HS hanging out with a guy who got in fights every weekend. I really thought he might kill someone so I stopped hanging out with him.

Lucky someone isn't dead over this. Suplex and concrete floors don't end well usually. I've never been in a "real" fight in my life, but I spent the summer after I graduated from HS hanging out with a guy who got in fights every weekend. I really thought he might kill someone so I stopped hanging out with him.

Alcohol and macho bullshit. It looked like Jean jacket was taking a worse beating.

Yeah. We dont know the entire story, but it also seems like the 2 shorter dudes are essentially blocking the only way out of the bathroom
Agree and I get that but if trained as a fighter and then use said training to hurt people you should be charged as assault with a deadly weapon.
This training is meant as self defense and idiots who use it beat up people or test training against drunk idiots should be held highly accountable for actions.
This from the guy:
“Just to get rid of the misconceptions, I’m the fellow in the beanie and that is my brother. We ARE NOT wrestlers at any university, we have been wrestling since we were in diapers and MMA/Cage Fighting since we were 12. They gave us no options unfortunately. We showed restraint.”

Dude told them to get the **** out of there and pretty much leave alone. They seem to be blocking the exit like they followed them in and trapped them. I don’t see the “no other options, we showed restraint part in any of that.

I’m sure the bar has video and can see who followed who into the bathroom. Dudes are real tough guys.

Agree and I get that but if trained as a fighter and then use said training to hurt people you should be charged as assault with a deadly weapon.
This training is meant as self defense and idiots who use it beat up people or test training against drunk idiots should be held highly accountable for actions.
This from the guy:
“Just to get rid of the misconceptions, I’m the fellow in the beanie and that is my brother. We ARE NOT wrestlers at any university, we have been wrestling since we were in diapers and MMA/Cage Fighting since we were 12. They gave us no options unfortunately. We showed restraint.”

Dude told them to get the **** out of there and pretty much leave alone. They seem to be blocking the exit like they followed them in and trapped them. I don’t see the “no other options, we showed restraint part in any of that.

I’m sure the bar has video and can see who followed who into the bathroom. Dudes are real tough guys.

He had a bloody nose.

This from the guy:

You have no clue as to what happened leading up to or after the altercation. You only see a snippet of a wanna be tough guy telling someone to "get the **** out of here" like he was the Arthur Fonzarelli of that particular bathroom. Give me a break.

I am not saying the mma dudes were 100% correct, I am just saying that you don't have a freaking clue based on a 57 second clip, as to what was going on.

What I will say, is that I have seen fights escalate over far less than what happened here. So either Joe toughguy Football and his buddy thought the smaller dudes were going to back down to their "get the **** out of here" command or they were hoping that they didn't back down and were thinking they were going to get in a fight and win. Neither of which happened.

You have no clue as to what happened leading up to or after the altercation. You only see a snippet of a wanna be tough guy telling someone to "get the **** out of here" like he was the Arthur Fonzarelli of that particular bathroom. Give me a break.

I am not saying the mma dudes were 100% correct, I am just saying that you don't have a freaking clue based on a 57 second clip, as to what was going on.

What I will say, is that I have seen fights escalate over far less than what happened here. So either Joe toughguy Football and his buddy thought the smaller dudes were going to back down to their "get the **** out of here" command or they were hoping that they didn't back down and were thinking they were going to get in a fight and win. Neither of which happened.
You have no idea what happened either. Why would some football players tell some random smaller dudes to get out of here unless the smaller dudes were provoking them? Regardless of who started it, the mma fighter and his buddy escalated the situation and are very likely going to get charged as a result.

Reactions: Trojanhorse13
You have no idea what happened either. Why would some football players tell some random smaller dudes to get out of here unless the smaller dudes were provoking them? Regardless of who started it, the mma fighter and his buddy escalated the situation and are very likely going to get charged as a result.

No one will be convicted of any crime here. Tough guy jean jacket escalated it when he shoved the small mma guy. Until then you don't know if mma guy was going to retaliate or walk. The shove escalated it.

Tough guy footballer and the the jean jacket guy could have walked, but instead, they wanted to take control and show ownership of the john, by telling the other dudes to get the **** out.

Don't bite off more than you can chew comes to mind.

I think in Nebraska it would be an assault by mutual consent, a misdemeanor, and both (or all four) would be charged. Looks pretty straight forward, although I don't know what the law is in OK. They all look like willing participants to me.

Do you know any football players? Are you suggesting that football players in America are upstanding citizens in bars and never provoke anyone? To your question, “Why would some football players tell some random dudes to get out of here”, it’s because they can. Especially when there’s more than one football player. They don’t have to back down because of their crew.

I’m flabbergasted that you haven’t even considered this possibility.

Reactions: TheBeav815
He had a bloody nose.
Didn’t look like there was any

Again, if going by the video which is all we have then the dude who got sucker punched did in no way no how deserve to be assaulted for telling dude to piss/**** off. Which to me means he is the one deescalating and not looking for a fight.

To get a little shove from someone else and to them sucker punch the person who didn’t do anything (on video) to anyone is for sure assault and a cheap shot.

Dudes sound like this their MO and claim to fame in OK. I think martial arts and training should be used as tools to defend self and not inflict harm upon others.

But every gym is filled with this blowhards whom get off on it. It’s like this guy putting pads on ad getting on the field with college/pro football players. They would get owned and possible hurt the same way. Just no need for this BS.

I get it, it’s a dick measuring contest and guys be guys but these two are class A shitheads who attacked and took advantage of two dudes they knew they could hurt and wanted too.

I’ve never seen anyone give someone a bloody nose and then stand there talking in striking range and not be on the defense for retaliation. Maybe this Ben Askren inbred got done sniffing his daily check in the stall and wanted to beat up some privleded jocks. Maybe the jocks were total dicks.

At the end of the day in no way do we see dudes claim they did everything to deescalate and prevent as stated. Those dudesknew exactly what they wanted when they blocked the exit and got it. Just because they won doesn’t make them right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oiler402
This from the guy:

Yup. People intially get all excited because the pretty boy scholarship kid gets his ass kicked under the presumption they were uppity, but im bettin the MMA guys may have been the dbags out of all of this

Reactions: drubendall
Didn’t look like there was any

Again, if going by the video which is all we have then the dude who got sucker punched did in no way no how deserve to be assaulted for telling dude to piss/**** off. Which to me means he is the one deescalating and not looking for a fight.

To get a little shove from someone else and to them sucker punch the person who didn’t do anything (on video) to anyone is for sure assault and a cheap shot.

Dudes sound like this their MO and claim to fame in OK. I think martial arts and training should be used as tools to defend self and not inflict harm upon others.

But every gym is filled with this blowhards whom get off on it. It’s like this guy putting pads on ad getting on the field with college/pro football players. They would get owned and possible hurt the same way. Just no need for this BS.

I get it, it’s a dick measuring contest and guys be guys but these two are class A shitheads who attacked and took advantage of two dudes they knew they could hurt and wanted too.

I’ve never seen anyone give someone a bloody nose and then stand there talking in striking range and not be on the defense for retaliation. Maybe this Ben Askren inbred got done sniffing his daily check in the stall and wanted to beat up some privleded jocks. Maybe the jocks were total dicks.

At the end of the day in no way do o see we did everything to deescalate and prevent as stated. Those dudesknew exactly what they wanted when they locked the exist and got it. Just because they won doesn’t make them right.

He had a bloody nose. I imagine he caught one in the beak unawares. He stood there, until he was pushed. Why are you surprised that a guy reacts violently after catching one and then being pushed ? We have no idea what the situation is. He took the initiative. The other two were talking too much. They were aggressive and surprised by true violence, from what I could see.

There's a lesson in there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT