ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Top Gun Maverick?

Iceman had to get back in shape. He was getting pretty big for awhile too.
16tbgn.jpg
ef42facdd47b64730355205deca80acb.jpg

His best movie was Heat, IMO.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Ok. It was good. Not as good as the original. Val Kilmer had real small role. Great aerial footage. Ending was a wee bit far fetched. But it's Hollywood.
Thanks. Your review was enough of a confirmation of why I don't like sequel or remakes

Reactions: HBK4life
She did an interview and mentioned that was sort of the reason why she was not in the sequel...something like "Because I am old and fat and blah blah"

Which I get, it is a cruel business in that regard and she knows it and we know it.

There is a long list of hot female stars from the 80's and 90's that are never getting "those" parts again.
She really hasn't been acting for close to 30 years. Bit parts here and there but that's it. If it was important to her, she would have maintained her health and beauty.

Man I wish I didn’t see this pic. I like to imagine she was still young…. Anyways I’m currently sitting at the theater getting ready to see Maverick. Hope it’s good!
You gotta work pretty hard to let yourself go like that.

Ive watched a little more than a handful of movies in the last 20 years. when I start viewing I usually think to myself, ‘can I really stomach this garbage…?!’

Ive watched a little more than a handful of movies in the last 20 years. when I start viewing I usually think to myself, ‘can I really stomach this garbage…?!’

Sounds like you need to lighten up a bit and enjoy life a little more. Winking

Reactions: tpmcg
I liked it. Lots of cool action scenes. The plot was cool. Don’t want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but I liked the tie in to the 80’s movie.
That's what I keep hearing! "Was good, was very nostalgic".

I read that they really pulled out all the stops, leasing real fighters from the USAF.

Gonna have to see this... In the Danger Zone 🤣

Reactions: Nate004
I wonder if Tom is thinking that this could be like a Mission Impossible type thing now...

If Maverick is the financial hit it seems like it will be...no sense in not making a 3rd

These are my thoughts. Top Gun was pretty good I guess. Pure 1980's nostalgia. It was done with the full cooperation of the US Navy. It was a recruitment video. A really good one. Fast forward to this latest installment. It is totally funded by the Chinese government likely...just like the NBA it seems. I read an article where China is claiming all the flight scenes were done by Chinese Air Force. Who knows? That is likely more like North Korea pretend news. I don't care. We have all been inconvenienced by the virus created in a Chinese lab the last few years. Mav ain't allowed to have his old Taiwan patch on his fighter jacket. You all do the math. This movie could be Citizen Kane or Reservoir Dogs. I ain't paying for it. I will find a way to review it for free on some Chinese pirate movie site. Is that ironic? I suggest you all do the same. I ain't giving a dime to China to see some Americana through the eyes of China. That is my Memorial Day Jarhead rant. I could be wrong.

Not sure anything in your post is accurate....but I do know the patches were definitely back....I thought it was a good movie for what it's worth.

Classic '80s action flick Top Gun is back with a sequel. But for all its soaring aerial maneuvers, the most daring stunt may be a middle finger to China, to the joy of Taiwanese audiences hitting the theaters this week, Top Gun: Maverick features a prominent shot of the Japanese and Taiwanese flags—national symbols that were scrubbed from a 2019 trailer.

Last edited:
Great movie! Incredibly well done. Not sure how it goes from here and when it becomes rentable/purchasable for home use. Would love for my mom and dad to see it.

Probably won’t see it until it comes out in a year, sequels tend to disappoint big time, thanks a lot dumb and dumber
I have never watched a movie in theaters more than once.. til now. TG:Maverick is insanely good... saw it on Friday, and am going back for another viewing tomorrow (Tues). Unbelievable flying scenes, and the storyline is very reasonable. HAVE to watch it in on a bigscreen!!!! GBR

There were so many good movies made the last 75 years that I'll never be able to see them all. I'm rewatching some of my favorites. Not overly concerned about what's coming out anymore because there is very little that interests me.

Reactions: huskerfan66
That's what I keep hearing! "Was good, was very nostalgic".

I read that they really pulled out all the stops, leasing real fighters from the USAF.

Gonna have to see this... In the Danger Zone 🤣
See it on a big ass screen with loud speakers and sit close to screen

I have never watched a movie in theaters more than once.. til now. TG:Maverick is insanely good... saw it on Friday, and am going back for another viewing tomorrow (Tues). Unbelievable flying scenes, and the storyline is very reasonable. HAVE to watch it in on a bigscreen!!!! GBR
Everyone just glossing over the fact that maverick survived a crash at Mach 10 and just walked into a diner?

the movie was good but there was a lot of unrealistic aspects and plot holes. It was entertaining but the first one is head and shoulders better

Reactions: HBK4life
Everyone just glossing over the fact that maverick survived a crash at Mach 10 and just walked into a diner?

the movie was good but there was a lot of unrealistic aspects and plot holes. It was entertaining but the first one is head and shoulders better
Yup. My favorite was just walking into the hangar and stealing an F-14 after you just bombed the runway. Hollywood gonna Hollywood. Still a good movie.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Yup. My favorite was just walking into the hangar and stealing an F-14 after you just bombed the runway. Hollywood gonna Hollywood. Still a good movie.

tumblr_nzg6p6MNfF1ulsdw5o1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT