ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Top Gun Maverick?

Have you seen Quaid's kid in the Boys? That show is nuts!
The Boys is freaking wild in the best way possible. Absolutely love it.

Not directed at you, but I did watch the original top gun fully for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. Just saw Maverick in theaters yesterday. Few thinks I was like lol, ok, but amazing movie. Absolutely nailed it.

ccelebritiesfotoCM-COMPOSITE-KELLY-MCGILLIS-400x280.jpg

Hard to believe that is the same person
Wasn't she Roz in Monsters Inc?

I know I am in the huge minority on this, but I felt it was just ok. Most of the main characters were just versions of the earlier Top Gun from thirty years ago. They had a 71 year old admiral leading the charge for drone aircrafts which was totally believable. Dude probably hates his smart phone in real life. Come on man! Ed Harris is the best actor working in that movie, but he should have played Admiral Jon Hamms dad or something, not an active duty sailor. I gave the movie a thumbs up, but not by much. Good popcorn flick that really didn't offer anything new to the movie viewing world. Thankfully they told China to F off before releasing it.

18530155._SY540_.jpg

I know I am in the huge minority on this, but I felt it was just ok. Most of the main characters were just versions of the earlier Top Gun from thirty years ago. They had a 71 year old admiral leading the charge for drone aircrafts which was totally believable. Dude probably hates his smart phone in real life. Come on man! Ed Harris is the best actor working in that movie, but he should have played Admiral Jon Hamms dad or something, not an active duty sailor. I gave the movie a thumbs up, but not by much. Good popcorn flick that really didn't offer anything new to the movie viewing world. Thankfully they told China to F off before releasing it.

18530155._SY540_.jpg
Note to self: Never invite resdog to any parties, ever

Reactions: UTChE96

18530155._SY540_.jpg
Why do you hate America?

This movie just keeps on making money.

Over 500 million and will get over 600 million in two more weeks. It might end up being the highest grossing movie ever...

I would imagine a spinoff is in the future or a part III

This movie just keeps on making money.

Over 500 million and will get over 600 million in two more weeks. It might end up being the highest grossing movie ever...

I would imagine a spinoff is in the future or a part III

Very true.

Over 500 million domestically and another 500 million in international revenue. However, I do not think it will come close to being the highest grossing movie ever with combined overall revenue but it is definitely a blockbuster movie.

It is currently ranked #43 in the Top Lifetime Grosses and it will continue moving up the charts.

Here is an interesting website if you like following what movies make and rankings etc…

Top Gun Maverick Box Office Mojo

Last edited:
Very true.

Over 500 million domestically and another 500 million in international revenue. However, I do not think it will come close to being the highest grossing movie ever with combined overall revenue but it is definitely a blockbuster movie.

It is currently ranked #43 in the Top Lifetime Grosses and it will continue moving up the charts.

Here is an interesting website if you like following what movies make and rankings etc…

Yeah, it is a long shot to be the highest grossing ever BUT it seems to have legs and I don't know what other movies are coming out this summer.

If it pulls in over 20 millionish for the rest of summer (long shot for sure) it will have a shot.

Very true.

Oh wow, it is 30th now.

Awesome movie, the Boys rocks and Maverick almost earned as much as Barbie….

Cue lively conversation…

Barbie was unexpectedly awesome as well. Best two movies I've seen in theaters the past two years, though I didn't see Oppenheimer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT