ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Top Gun Maverick?

Commercials said it was one of the best movies ever, if you wanna believe that. I've never even seen OG Top Gun. Pretty much all the stuff I like is Disney or Marvel, lol.

Doubt I'll go see it as I haven't even made it to Dr. Strange yet. Having kids and going to movies is hard.

Commercials said it was one of the best movies ever, if you wanna believe that. I've never even seen OG Top Gun. Pretty much all the stuff I like is Disney or Marvel, lol.

Doubt I'll go see it as I haven't even made it to Dr. Strange yet. Having kids and going to movies is hard.
You've never seen Top Gun 1986? Wtf?

Top Gun sequel has got great reviews.

Not sure what your criteria is for only Disney/Marvel films succeeding. Maybe not all the HUGE blockbusters but there have been several successful movies (relative to their budgets) from other studios. In particular, you left out The Batman which was a big budget and did quite well recently. It was WB, not Disney/Marvel.

Better change your pronouns then because you are not a man. I kid.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Anyone else going to see this weekend? I think this is the only movie that isn't Disney or Marvel in the last 2 years.
Will definitely see it in the theater. Probably next weekend or the one after. I have some movie passes I can use but I don’t know that they can be used the first weekend.

Also.. OG Top Gun is on Netflix right now… so turn up the surround sound… put it on the 50 inch big screen and grab a beer man

Once the movie starts you can go into a negative 4g inverted dive with a Mig….

Probably won’t see it until it comes out in a year, sequels tend to disappoint big time, thanks a lot dumb and dumber

According to your name, I’ll bet I know what movie you’ve got a half a chub for coming to theatres soon.

Reactions: king_kong_
Also.. OG Top Gun is on Netflix right now… so turn up the surround sound… put it on the 50 inch big screen and grab a beer man

Need more than 1 beer. This was the first movie I ran through my stereo. Did not disappoint

Hell yea!! Looks awesome & everything Tom Cruise touches (cinematically) is gold

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
You've never seen Top Gun 1986? Wtf?
Yeah, I know. Never have been big into movies beyond stuff like star wars, star trek, lotr, marvel. I know its one of those classics that everyone has just seen. But I'm the exception. I've seen bits and pieces, but I'm just not a big movie guy. Also the movie is older than me, so I have zero nostalgia for it.

Maybe ill watch it one night and report back :D

I first saw Top Gun when it came out in 86 when I was in the Navy in San Diego at The Pointe Loma theatre which is no longer around. Their largest screen which the movie was played on made Indian Hills big screen look like a runt in size.

What was really cool was me and a few of my buddies would go up to Miramar (Fighter Town USA) (Fighter Weapon School aka TOP GUN) and sit up on a ridge with ALOT of beer and watch actual TOP Gun Trainees and Instructors tear it up which was completely AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:
I'm surprised maverick wasn't made trans in the movie, to keep up with times and destroy our heros.
Incidentally, Quentin Tarantino posed a VERY plausible movie theory talking about how Top Gun was one of the greatest uses of subversion in moviemaking, and that the entire plot of the movie was about Maverick wrestling with his own sexuality. I would post one of the many videos on youtube, but the language would probably get me in trouble on here. It is very easy to find though. He originally talked about it when he was much younger and appeared in a friend of his's movie. The scene is pretty funny when he is explaining it.

Incidentally, Quentin Tarantino posed a VERY plausible movie theory talking about how Top Gun was one of the greatest uses of subversion in moviemaking, and that the entire plot of the movie was about Maverick wrestling with his own sexuality. I would post one of the many videos on youtube, but the language would probably get me in trouble on here. It is very easy to find though. He originally talked about it when he was much younger and appeared in a friend of his's movie. The scene is pretty funny when he is explaining it.
I've seen it. He makes good points. Classic crazy Tarantino

Last edited:
I’ll go see it, the one thing Cruise should have just been a desk jockey nobody in there 50’s are a fighter pilot and I don’t have anything against cruise other than that the trailer looks great

Yeah, I know. Never have been big into movies beyond stuff like star wars, star trek, lotr, marvel. I know its one of those classics that everyone has just seen. But I'm the exception. I've seen bits and pieces, but I'm just not a big movie guy. Also the movie is older than me, so I have zero nostalgia for it.

Maybe ill watch it one night and report back :D
Don't feel bad. Im probably the only person to have never watched Forrest Gump and have no desire to. I got the quick review from family guy though. Lol

archer-kenny-loggins.gif

Reactions: HuskerO

What kind of Nebraska are you only having a 50 inch big screen? Next thing you are going to tell us is you only bench 350.

This message board has high standards members are expected to meet. Thankfully there will be some good big screen sales over the Memorial Day weekend so you need to step up your game. Winking

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Kelly McGillis was hot in Top Gun. I can't figure out why she isn't in the sequel?

0_EMB-PAY-MEGA_Kelly_McGillis_004.jpg
She did an interview and mentioned that was sort of the reason why she was not in the sequel...something like "Because I am old and fat and blah blah"

Which I get, it is a cruel business in that regard and she knows it and we know it.

There is a long list of hot female stars from the 80's and 90's that are never getting "those" parts again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT