ADVERTISEMENT

OT-The creeper is free...Cosby

whats-weirdest-thing-someone-done-during-bill-cosby-woke-reply-19ff3bc041ec1d6b-46dac750eb4b431b.jpg

Prosecutors screwed this one up. He's free, on an embarrassingly glaring technicality.
I'd argue the complete opposite. They charged him anyway even though the agreement was there. So, they got him to spend time in the slammer even though he (according to the court) should not have been charged.

And this was no technicality. If anything, the defense should have been all over this from the jump.

I'd argue the complete opposite. They charged him anyway even though the agreement was there. So, they got him to spend time in the slammer even though he (according to the court) should not have been charged.

And this was no technicality. If anything, the defense should have been all over this from the jump.
I believe I read that they did bring it up from the jump and the lower courts sided with the state at each appeal, that is until it reached the state supreme court.

Reactions: 4IUSox2

They were, he was railroaded by the JUDGE and the prosecutor! The Supreme Court ruled that that those charges should not have been brought because of an agreement made with the prosecution. So they overruled the sham case!

Reactions: salsa red
At the end of the day, Cosby‘s reputation is trashed and he will go down in history with this cloud over his head. Even though he is free, his life is going to be miserable because his public perception has a huge dent (which drives self-absorbed celebrities absolutely nuts). Might be the best way for him to spend the remainder of his days on this earth.

Cosby is a pure SOB and the facts pretty clearly show he did what he is accused of.

The legal team that the state used to prosecute him looks to be just a bit less ethically, morally and legally challenged. Make a deal, then clearly violate said agreement.

Hope that Cosby gets no rest and his last days are filled with pain and suffering for what he did. The legal team that screwed up, the same

Cosby is a pure SOB and the facts pretty clearly show he did what he is accused of.

The legal team that the state used to prosecute him looks to be just a bit less ethically, morally and legally challenged. Make a deal, then clearly violate said agreement.

Hope that Cosby gets no rest and his last days are filled with pain and suffering for what he did. The legal team that screwed up, the same
Agree - remember there were 2 different DAs though. The one that made the deal then the next one, who brought the charges.

Agreed. But If you don’t honor the deal this happens. Why it matters who is making such decisions to start.
I think we are on the same page, but I believe what happened was the DA couldn’t prove his case originally, and probably never would have been able to. In an effort to get some sort of justice, he told Cosby they if he waived his 5th amendment rights for the civil trial deposition, he wouldn’t press charges. Cosby did, there was a civil judgement settlement, then the next DA decided to use the civil trial testimony in a criminal trial.

but as was said before even rapists have civil liberties.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I think we are on the same page, but I believe what happened was the DA couldn’t prove his case originally, and probably never would have been able to. In an effort to get some sort of justice, he told Cosby they if he waived his 5th amendment rights for the civil trial deposition, he wouldn’t press charges. Cosby did, there was a civil judgement settlement, then the next DA decided to use the civil trial testimony in a criminal trial.

but as was said before even rapists have civil liberties.
Agreed. That’s why having bad or poorly trained people in such offices screws others out of actual Justice. The states legal team past and present needs to be reviewed on all their actions and if able to show rose to level of conduct, lose their license to practice. There has to be actual consequences for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT