ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caddyshack.…Lacey Underall Has Passed

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
Sad news for Morgan’s family and all us guys who were in high school in the 1980’s.

“Would you like to tie me up with your tie, Ty?" — Classic

Cindy-Morgan-010624-2-b9179f511799472d9e71deb285066ab9.jpg

8e9f94fad93fac112471b058f000926a.jpg

Why would you say this?
She did an interview about the making of caddyshack a few years ago and talked about the wild parties and drug use during filming. Drug abuse seems to be a common theme in premature deaths of people in the entertainment industry. It’s pure speculation on my part.

Reactions: gomerxx
She did an interview about the making of caddyshack a few years ago and talked about the wild parties and drug use during filming. Drug abuse seems to be a common theme in premature deaths of people in the entertainment industry. It’s pure speculation on my part.
At which, you are very good. Speculating that is.

At which, you are very good. Speculating that is.
. Sometimes true. Anytime I hear of a celebrity dying prematurely though drugs are the most likely cause. It’s happened way too many times to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Sad news for Morgan’s family and all us guys who were in high school in the 1980’s.

A lot of people don't know, but she was legally blind. She had a hard time with the diving board scene in Caddyshack.

Another tidbit, during the making of Caddyshack, she saved Rodney Dangerfield from jumping off the movie during initial shooting. Rodney did a scene where he was making wisecracks at Judge Smales (Ted Knight) while he was trying to tee off and it was really funny, but no one laughed and the director, Harold Ramis (one of my favorite people in Hollywood all time BTW) stood there stoic.

Rodney marched off the set into the trailer and Morgan followed him to see what was wrong. When she went into the trailer, Rodney was almost in tears and told her that he was bombing because no one was laughing (this was Rodney's first major movie role as he had only done bit parts in the past). Rodney was a standup comedian and laughs were the metric of success. Morgan sat down with him and explained that in the movies, despite the fact that he was hysterical in the scene, no one can laugh because it would ruin the sound track, something Rodney apparently didn't know. So in essence, Morgan saved the film as it wouldn't have been what it was without Rodney.

Think of the iconic comedic stars who were in that movie:

Ted Knight
Rodney Dangerfield
Chevy Chase
Bill Murray
Brian Doyle-Murray

Directed by legend Harold Ramis

Written by Harold Ramis, Brian Doyle-Murray, and Doug Kenney (Harvard guy who founded National Lampoon - was also the writer and "Stork" in Animal House).

Last edited:
Pure speculation on an anonymous message board?? Man, you really like to push the limits! :)

A lot of people don't know, but she was legally blind. She had a hard time with the diving board scene in Caddyshack.

Another tidbit, during the making of Caddyshack, she saved Rodney Dangerfield from jumping off the movie during initial shooting. Rodney did a scene where he was making wisecracks at Judge Smales (Ted Knight) while he was trying to tee off and it was really funny, but no one laughed and the director, Harold Ramis (one of my favorite people in Hollywood all time BTW) stood there stoic.

Rodney marched off the set into the trailer and Morgan followed him to see what was wrong. When she went into the trailer, Rodney was almost in tears and told her that he was bombing because no one was laughing (this was Rodney's first major movie role as he had only done bit parts in the past). Rodney was a standup comedian and laughs were the metric of success. Morgan sat down with him and explained that in the movies, despite the fact that he was hysterical in the scene, no one can laugh because it would ruin the sound track, something Rodney apparently didn't know. So in essence, Morgan saved the film as it wouldn't have been what it was without Rodney.
Very cool. Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT