ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Steve Spurrier retires effective imediately

Metalfan

Offensive Coordinator
Nov 1, 2004
Nashville, TN
South Carolina will name an interim HC Wednesday morning. This comes from ESPN's twitter. Sports Illustrated was first to report he was retiring.

Aka "Steve, here is the deal, you are retiring because we want you to go out on your own terms...but if not we are firing you" lol

South Carolina will name an interim HC Wednesday morning. This comes from ESPN's twitter. Sports Illustrated was first to report he was retiring.
Pretty $hitty they wouldn't let him finish the season and then retire...

Wow. Both USC's lose their coach on the same day. And both are named Steve.

Wow. Both USC's lose their coach on the same day. And both are named Steve.
Wow! That is right up there with Kennedy being shot from a warehouse and the assassin apprehended in theater; and Lincoln being shot in a theater and Booth apprehended in a warehouse.

i don't know, i read spurrier's comments and, to me, this sounds like something he would do. he knew he had had enough, so, "i am outta here".

south carolina stated they tried to talk him into finishing the season and he said "nope".

He made a point of stating that he is NOT retiring. Reading between the lines, I'd guess USCe wanted him to bow out gracefully at the end of the season "on his terms" and he gave them a politely extended middle finger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT