ADVERTISEMENT

LB and WR coaches hired

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Nebraska football has completed its on-field coaching staff by filling the final two full-time assistant coaching positions: Rob Dvoracek is joining the program as the Huskers' linebackers coach, and Garret McGuire is being added as the receivers coach, per a report from The Athletic's Joe Person.
They will both join the staff following the Panthers' final game against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
Inside Nebraska first reported on Dec. 5 that Dvoracek was set to become Nebraska's linebackers coach, pending ongoing contract negotiations with the Carolina Panthers, where he was a defensive assistant under Matt Rhule and then under Panthers interim coach Steve Wilks. The two sides have evidently worked out those negotiations.
Dvoracek and McGuire will now be the sixth and seventh coaches to have worked for Rhule on the Panthers staff who will also join him in Lincoln.
OC Marcus Satterfield, DL coach Terrance Knighton, secondary coach Evan Cooper, special teams coordinator Ed Foley and head strength & conditioning coach Corey Campbell all spent at least one season with Rhule in Carolina.
Dvoracek will lead the second level of DC Tony White's defense as he becomes the latest coaching staff addition who has strong ties to Rhule.
The 28-year-old Dvoracek was a linebacker at Temple from 2012-14. After suffering complications from knee surgery following the 2013 season, Dvoracek became a student assistant for Rhule in 2014. Dvoracek has spent seven of the last nine seasons as a Rhule assistant:
– 3 seasons as a student assistant at Temple (2014-16)
– 2 seasons as a defensive quality control coach at Baylor (2017-18)
– 2 seasons as a defensive assistant with the Panthers (2021-present) following a two-year stint at Lehigh (2019-20) as a defensive ends/outside linebackers coach.
Dvoracek fits the profile of another aspect that Rhule has used to fill out his staff: He is a young, mostly unproven coach but is also well-regarded in coaching circles as a hungry, motivated coach with a bright future.
McGuire, who is a very young assistant set to turn 24 years old next month, will come to Nebraska after spending two seasons with the Panthers. He worked as a coaching assistant in 2021 and was an offensive assistant in 2022.
McGuire, who is the son of Texas Tech head coach and former Rhule assistant Joey McGuire, played three seasons at Baylor (2017-20) as a backup quarterback and as a key member of special teams units. McGuire played in eight games over his career and was a three-time All-Big 12 Academic First Teamer.
As Inside Nebraska reported in the same Dec. 5 report about Dvoracek, one of the main qualifications that Rhule was looking for in his receivers coach were ties to the Midwest and Texas for recruiting purposes. The Huskers now have that in McGuire, and they have now locked in their full on-field coaching staff.

Last edited:
A 24 year old WR coach is a little concerning. My hope is that he is actually coming an intern or GA. But maybe he is a full-time coach and will be amazing.

Yeah, young and not a former WR?
There is technical prowess to the position, so not my ideal.
Hopefully, he can really connect with the kids for recruiting purposes- ( which apparently he hasn’t done before?? ) - otherwise, I don’t get it.

Someone please ask McGuire about the play his dad ran in the bowl game where the WR goes in motion and then simulates anally penetrating the center to start the play

mike-myers-austin.gif

Whelp....my first red flag with Frost was his first PC where he acted like an arrogant dick in general and mocked former players for being fat specifically.

Hiring McGuire is my first red flag with Rhule. Are you Fing kidding me? With the budget he got it is not proper to have a bunch of OJT coaches. Rhule must be some kind of ego maniac who can't stand a little pushback from an experienced receivers coach, so he hires a guy with zero experience. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

In Rhule I trust! If the dudes are good football minds, not afraid to work hard and connect with kids who cares? End of the day Recruiting upgrade are needed and I have zero worry about recruiting with this staff.

I sure the same computer dorks whining about these hires were drooling over "big names" like Bob Diaco and his longer football background.

The Texas pipeline is alive is well, R-E-L-A-X

I admit to not being overly excited about some of these hires but Rhule is the boss and totally responsible for the program. You don't pay a guy 9 mil a year, give the keys and then tell him he is screwing up.

There is youth and some recruiting connections but it would appear to be a lack of overall experience and sizzle when you are trying to sell a hot shot WR prospect. Could be wrong.

A major point I read in a 24/7 article, Rhule gave Trev props for allowing him to hire whomever he wanted with no interference. This will likely come up some time in the future on this board.

I admit to not being overly excited about some of these hires but Rhule is the boss and totally responsible for the program. You don't pay a guy 9 mil a year, give the keys and then tell him he is screwing up.

There is youth and some recruiting connections but it would appear to be a lack of overall experience and sizzle when you are trying to sell a hot shot WR prospect. Could be wrong.

A major point I read in a 24/7 article, Rhule gave Trev props for allowing him to hire whomever he wanted with no interference. This will likely come up some time in the future on this board.
Underwhelming to say the least

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT