ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Scottie Scheffler just got Barney Fyfe’d.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Other golfers in front of him had made the same move as directed by cops on the scene and ole Barney Fyfe Gillis decided to try to stop his car by grabbing on the door and beating on his window with a flashlight. 🙄. I swear. I’m a big proponent of cops but damn. Somebody lost their cool and should have gotten a trip downtown but it wasn’t Scheffler.

Other golfers in front of him had made the same move as directed by cops on the scene and ole Barney Fyfe Gillis decided to try to stop his car by grabbing on the door and beating on his window with a flashlight. 🙄. I swear. I’m a big proponent of cops but damn. Somebody lost their cool and should have gotten a trip downtown but it wasn’t Scheffler.
Come on now. Are you suggesting that the police officer should have been arrested? For what?

Scheffler has money, the best attorney, and let's not forget the fame and all other demographics. The charges will eventually be dropped.

Reactions: Huzkers25
Come on now. Are you suggesting that the police officer should have been arrested? For what?

Scheffler has money, the best attorney, and let's not forget the fame and all other demographics. The charges will eventually be dropped.
not arrested. Taken downtown to cool off. No doubt Scheffler is going to need that attorney because that cop will sue him and claim all kinds of PTSD from the incident.

not arrested. Taken downtown to cool off. No doubt Scheffler is going to need that attorney because that cop will sue him and claim all kinds of PTSD from the incident.
Don’t know how up on the chain this guy is . But if they were letting the golfers do this ( driving the median) why wasn’t this cop told that by a supervisor.

Don’t know how up on the chain this guy is . But if they were letting the golfers do this ( driving the median) why wasn’t this cop told that by a superrvisor.
It sounds like the whole situation was a cluster f### but the cop trying to stop the car by grabbing it was stupid. It supposedly was raining, still dark and the cop had a raincoat on that didn't make him look like a cop. I wouldn't have stopped either. I don't think anything Scheffler did was anything any other normal human being would have done in his situatiion. Supposedly he was told either via his cell phone from tournament officials or from an earlier cop that he should do what he did. Meanwhile the cop will no doubt make his life miserable by suing his ass.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
It sounds like the whole situation was a cluster f### but the cop trying to stop the car by grabbing it was stupid. It supposedly was raining, still dark and the cop had a raincoat on that didn't make him look like a cop. I wouldn't have stopped either. I don't think anything Scheffler did was anything any other normal human being would have done in his situatiion. Supposedly he was told either via his cell phone from tournament officials or from an earlier cop that he should do what he did. Meanwhile the cop will no doubt make his life miserable by suing his ass.
The Louisville police chief better step in and make sure that doesn’t happen.

Pretty sure the chief can come up with a reason for termination if he would proceed.
I doubt a threat of termination would have any effect. He's going to be looking at millions for pain and suffering. There will be a line of personal injury attorneys wanting this one.

If he does, his reasoning better be ironclad. You know police are unionized, right?
There's a whole subplot where I believe the officer involved is black. Soooo you've got this country club whitey dragging a black cop surely intending to kill him. They have to at least make it look like they get some justice or there'll be a whole bunch of screaming of preferential treatment. IF there's any common sense, they'll listen to Scheffler's and another witness's account of what happened and drop all charges. It was just an unfortunate miscommunication in a stressful situation for a cop.

There's a whole subplot where I believe the officer involved is black. Soooo you've got this country club whitey dragging a black cop surely intending to kill him. They have to at least make it look like they get some justice or there'll be a whole bunch of screaming of preferential treatment. IF there's any common sense, they'll listen to Scheffler's and another witness's account of what happened and drop all charges. It was just an unfortunate miscommunication in a stressful situation for a cop.
No he wasn't.

GNyVBUgakAAophD

How hilarious. OP has a whole made up scenario based on wild speculation and literally the first step isn't even true.
Wild speculation? He was arrested and charged with felony assault of a police officer. That is the FIRST step and that is an indisputable fact. For whatever reason none of the media I could find chose to show a picture of the officer. The FACT is that there will be pressure to try Scheffler in part because of how Louisville prosecutors and cops are viewed. Do you really doubt that the cop will sue Scheffler for his injuries caused by his own stupidity.

Google is your friend.
I googled him and used multiple browsers and got nothing. All that would come up was multiple news outlet stories none of which linked a picture of the cop. I assumed a friend who is buddies with a PGA player knew what he was talking about.

I googled him and used multiple browsers and got nothing. All that would come up was multiple news outlet stories none of which linked a picture of the cop. I assumed a friend who is buddies with a PGA player knew what he was talking about.
The picture shown above is the correct on bases on everything I have googled.

Here's another. different source.

bryan-gillis.jpg

Where did the $80 pants get ruined?

Around 5 a.m. on May 17, outside the gates of Valhalla Golf Club, security guard John Mills was killed when a shuttle bus hit him. The ensuing traffic as police investigated the fatal accident backed up in both directions on the one road that runs past Valhalla. Players were permitted to enter the facility, but when Scheffler showed up around 6 a.m., he was stopped by an officer on the scene.

What happened next was the source of considerable debate over the ensuing hours. According to the police report, shortly after the incident the officer demanded Scheffler stop, but the World No. 1 “refused to comply and accelerated forward, dragging [Gillis] to the ground.” The officer was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, and his pants — valued at $80, according to the report — were a total loss.

Around 5 a.m. on May 17, outside the gates of Valhalla Golf Club, security guard John Mills was killed when a shuttle bus hit him. The ensuing traffic as police investigated the fatal accident backed up in both directions on the one road that runs past Valhalla. Players were permitted to enter the facility, but when Scheffler showed up around 6 a.m., he was stopped by an officer on the scene.

What happened next was the source of considerable debate over the ensuing hours. According to the police report, shortly after the incident the officer demanded Scheffler stop, but the World No. 1 “refused to comply and accelerated forward, dragging [Gillis] to the ground.” The officer was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, and his pants — valued at $80, according to the report — were a total loss.
That’s what I want to know. If the cop in Question was really taken to the hospital and treated for said injuries when and how did they occur?

Reactions: GBRforLife1
That’s what I want to know. If the cop in Question was really taken to the hospital and treated for said injuries when and how did they occur?
If the cop thought he was being slick not turning on his bodycam with ALL those other witnesses and video camera capable devices around he should be fired for the offense of being too frikken stupid. Sounds like he's had a chance or two before.

Accelerated🤔😂😂😆😂. He was barely moving. Apparently Gillis is no Joe Friday. There are some who would willingly embellish an occurrence to help their case. ☹️

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
charges dropped

his attorney is taking a well deserved victory lap

this thread is hilarious

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT