ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

Turning over an nba roster can happen overnight

Look at the mavs - lottery pick to nba finals

I'm not sure I'm following....are you referencing Wallace? ...and yeah I guess you could flip a roster fast but would you be better, or getting better players? IDK, sems like long odds to take an NBA job with the idea you have to turn the entire roster over.

I'm not sure I'm following....are you referencing Wallace? ...and yeah I guess you could flip a roster fast but would you be better, or getting better players? IDK, sems like long odds to take an NBA job with the idea you have to turn the entire roster over.
In one draft/free agency/trade deadline cycle the mavs went from missing the playoffs to the finals around Luka

The teams that don’t need a roster turnover usually also don’t need a new coach

In one draft/free agency/trade deadline cycle the mavs went from missing the playoffs to the finals around Luka

The teams that don’t need a roster turnover usually also don’t need a new coach

Don't follow the NBA enough to know how common that is, but shooting from the hip it feels like they got super lucky with Luka to help make that a reality. So can it be done? Maybe if you get lucky enough to land arguably the best player in the league that nobody saw coming. You listed a great example so yes it can be done, but its not easy to do in that league at a championship level. You need a few #1 or 2 picks and you need to hit on them. Lakers aren't bad enough to have that hiis year, so there's one season down the crapper before you ever start the job. I'd rather stay at Uconn personally.

Reactions: king_kong_
Not much gambling value here currently at -420 but with the info I’m seeing so far, the Celtics will win the finals. Vegas generally doesn’t pay you to be right. Walton was a huge death. NBA star and even bigger media career. Chet Walker also died yesterday, great player for the 6’ers then Bulls. (Eastern conference)

The Celtics won game 1 on the team’s 78th birthday in the 78th NBA season. They came into the game +107 points all time against the Mavs. They won game 1 with 107 points.

Still torn on tonight’s game but leaning Celts. I may put something together with a hedge on a big game from Kyrie. If the Mavs somehow win the next two then the Celtics series bet will be a lot sweeter.

Walton was a huge death. NBA star and even bigger media career. Chet Walker also died yesterday, great player for the 6’ers then Bulls. (Eastern conference)
The Bulls were actually in the Western Conference back then. So does the Chet-Walker-is-Dead fix tip the scales toward Dallas, or Boston?

Don't follow the NBA enough to know how common that is, but shooting from the hip it feels like they got super lucky with Luka to help make that a reality. So can it be done? Maybe if you get lucky enough to land arguably the best player in the league that nobody saw coming. You listed a great example so yes it can be done, but its not easy to do in that league at a championship level. You need a few #1 or 2 picks and you need to hit on them. Lakers aren't bad enough to have that hiis year, so there's one season down the crapper before you ever start the job. I'd rather stay at Uconn personally.
Atlanta Hawks were idiots

The Bulls were actually in the Western Conference back then. So does the Chet-Walker-is-Dead fix tip the scales toward Dallas, or Boston?
I’m leaning Boston for that one but really not sure. Good catch I didn’t know that. Obviously they’re in the East now though.

Conference association like that really doesn’t move the needle for me anyway I was mainly just noting it as the death of a very talented player during the finals. I’m sure it will have some meaning that we’ve yet to see. RIP

Last edited:
Also interesting is Joe Biden’s secret service name is “Celtic”. He is the only other Catholic president in history other than JFK. Game 1 of the finals was on the death anniversary of RFK. JFK was from Massachusetts and died in Dallas. He would’ve been 107 this year, the Celtics winning score in game 1.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GBRforLife1
I took a little shot with Celtics ML -260. Just my second bet of the playoffs. I may add to it live betting. Will keep posted.

Edit: small bet on Kyrie over 30 points at +300.

Last edited:
Watching before we move on to Siem Reap. Watching the NBA finals at 730 am on a Monday morning is a little different

Tatum is holding so many points back from his team. Roasting slow Doncic whenever he wants but keeps pulling back out. Declining to take an open 3 with 3 seconds left in the half. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Tatum is holding so many points back from his team. Roasting slow Doncic whenever he wants but keeps pulling back out. Declining to take an open 3 with 3 seconds left in the half. Lol
He’s just not a star. It’s also crazy to watch Dallas support players just throw up bricks. Luka would have like 15 assists but no one outside of him can make a shot

• Haha
He’s just not a star. It’s also crazy to watch Dallas support players just throw up bricks. Luka would have like 15 assists but no one outside of him can make a shot
Totally subjective and debatable but I would consider him a star. 5 50-point games and a 60 point game. Plenty of time to catch Iverson who had 11 50-point games. Dallas needs to move the ball, Luka can’t defend most of Boston’s roster. Dallas seems slow as a team outside of Irving and he’s playing too much hero ball as well. Still a close game though.

Totally subjective and debatable but I would consider him a star. 5 50-point games and a 60 point game. Plenty of time to catch Iverson who had 11 50-point games. Dallas needs to move the ball, Luka can’t defend most of Boston’s roster. Dallas seems slow as a team outside of Irving and he’s playing too much hero ball as well. Still a close game though.
Yeah I agree Dallas is super slow and can’t shoot for shit. I don’t watch much Boston and I always hear about what a star Tatum is but he’s Casper in the playoffs. Even in this game his points seem to be him just being in the right spot after one of his teammates does a hustle play. I’m m not sold on the dude. Brown and the bald guy look better than Tatum.

• Haha
Yeah I agree Dallas is super slow and can’t shoot for shit. I don’t watch much Boston and I always hear about what a star Tatum is but he’s Casper in the playoffs. Even in this game his points seem to be him just being in the right spot after one of his teammates does a hustle play. I’m m not sold on the dude. Brown and the bald guy look better than Tatum.
Derrick White is pretty good. Agree Tatum has been worse in the playoffs. He does have 11 dimes though with some nice ones.

Are you spending many dongs? 😂 I want to visit Vietnam just so I can tell the ladies I 've got a pocket full of dongs for you. Yes. I'm easily amused.😌
Yeah I have leftover Dong from that part of the trip. Cambodia has been a nice surprise. I really like it but they won't take any USD unless it's crisp. If there are folds and or any tears they won't take it. Has to be new which can be a pain when the ATM ONLY spits outs 100s. Have a great picture from Angkor Wat this morning but no clue how to post them here. Thailand Thursday

Maybe this works

Last edited:
Yeah I have leftover Dong from that part of the trip. Cambodia has been a nice surprise. I really like it but they won't take any USD unless it's crisp. If there are folds and or any tears they won't take it. Has to be new which can be a pain when the ATM ONLY spits outs 100s. Have a great picture from Angkor Wat this morning but no clue how to post them here. Thailand Thursday

Maybe this works
If you go by Mickey Monkey beach in Phuket, tell the owner, Tom that the white guy with the black girlfriend in 2015 sent you. He might remember 😉 Guy kept me flowing with free drinks at his bar til 3am while we shot the shit. Awesome dude. Not sure about now but in 2015, the Thai people were completely enamored with my now wife. Couldn’t stop touching her hair 🤣 Apparently they didn’t get many black folks there.

Patong beach is nuts, better if younger or single but I got a nice tattoo there. The wife really liked Rawai as it was more relaxed and has a beautiful sunset spot. If you do a tour in Bangkok, be ready to be taken to a suit store after where they can sell you one 😆

Fun fact, we were at this shrine the day before terrorists blew it up and killed over 30 people, a very rare event in Thailand.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Maybe this works
They are also very sensitive about the Thai Baht. As someone pointed out over there they don't accept bills with rips or markings. Also, told us to not disrespect the King on the currency or you'll end up in jail. Like the Vietnamese dongs, the Thai baht exchange rate is crazy. 500 baht was 15 USD. The dongs are even worse.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Derrick White is pretty good. Agree Tatum has been worse in the playoffs. He does have 11 dimes though with some nice ones.
White is a pretty amazing story. I first saw him play as a skinny sophomore with a big ‘fro playing for DII UC-Colorado Springs. The next season he was all-RMAC and talked his way into a roster spot with the CU Buffs. Back then he had to sit out a year, and I was looking forward to him being a 6th man or part-time starter for CU. Then you started to hear rumblings about the redshirt transfer from UCCS who was easily the Buffs’ best player. The rumblings were correct, and he’s carved out a very solid NBA career.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
White is a pretty amazing story. I first saw him play as a skinny sophomore with a big ‘fro playing for DII UC-Colorado Springs. The next season he was all-RMAC and talked his way into a roster spot with the CU Buffs. Back then he had to sit out a year, and I was looking forward to him being a 6th man or part-time starter for CU. Then you started to hear rumblings about the redshirt transfer from UCCS who was easily the Buffs’ best player. The rumblings were correct, and he’s carved out a very solid NBA career.
I read that Colorado could have three guys drafted in the first round this year. Amazing. I remember Colorado as being the worst basketball team in the Big 8 year after year.

I read that Colorado could have three guys drafted in the first round this year. Amazing. I remember Colorado as being the worst basketball team in the Big 8 year after year.
I don't think Simpson and de Silva will make it into the first round, but they were really good college players. Probably second-rounders, but we'll see.

Cody Williams is a project but exactly the kind of guy NBA execs love, so he'll get drafted very high. He had several injuries last year that held him back, but you could definitely see the upside.

Well, the Celts shut down the middle for Luka and Kyrie. That was the Crux of it to me. It was a dominant Celtic performance. Tatum held it together enough to execute. The Mavericks are a pretty good team though. Maybe they're just a player way. Fun year!

I did my part for ratings and tuned in with about 3 minutes to go...Realized the celtics were gonna win and immediately found something better.
Watched with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd all the way to the end. Only NBA I watched all season.

Put in a Dallas +19 (-115) Live Bet to start the 4th Q. That made a blowout game a lot of fun to watch towards the end!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT