ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Manning the rails

This is was a structure that claimed to be built on the site of Jesus' last supper
yYj9I9Xh.jpg

You have to realize this period was between two intifadas. I was so grateful to be able to visit the holy land on someone else's tab. I'm such a history buff.
7azxFPfh.jpg

og9aqZGh.jpg

Last edited:
If you understand one thing, Jerusalem is built on ruins. It's been built up and torn down more than once. That's for sure.
hXC9bSUh.jpg

XaI0az5h.jpg

Very interesting, love the pics and insight from all of you. I have never served or been there, but I respect and say thanks to all that have served and or are still in the forces. Thanks and do post more. Had to give a person chills just to be around all that history over there. Also to be on those ships.

Reactions: bigboxes
SN Stevens, SN Lopez, FN Reed out on the smoking deck. (They would later ban smoking under skin of the ship)
gFYfREgh.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting, love the pics and insight from all of you. I have never served or been there, but I respect and say thanks to all that have served and or are still in the forces. Thanks and do post more. Had to give a person chills just to be around all that history over there. Also to be on those ships.

Yeah. I'm a huge history buff. Originally they were offering two tours. One to Jerusalem and Bethlehem and one of Masada. Luckily they cancelled the latter one. It would have been so hard to choose. The Romans we're here, Jesus walked here, Mohammed was here, King David, Herrod, sultans, etc. I touched the Western Wall. Thankfully, I was able to document my visit.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Pisa, Italy. It was a rainy & dreary day. Made the best of it. Was a 6 mile train ride from Levorno. Cheap tickets. Had lunch in Pisa and wanted to take a train into Florence (Firenza) and have dinner. Florence is the fashion capital of Italy. Lots of leather. Thought about getting a really nice leather encased flask, but never did bite the bullet. Looked at their coats long and hard. However, my buddy didn't want to go to Florence. We were required to have a buddy in the name of safety. So, we went back to Levorno.

We got dropped back off on the pier. I remembered from the earlier bus ride that there was a restaurant just outside of the port. We walked just outside the gate of the port and sure enough there was this restaurant. I ordered a sausage pizza. There was just the one piece of meat, smack dead in the center. I guess the locals aren't pigs like us Americans. We shared the pizza and a couple of bottles of wine. Can't believe I didn't take any pics of that place.

lApKHBIh.jpg

yjMyVRkh.jpg

4LQDsIkh.jpg

Note: the leaning tower of Pisa was undergoing restoration at the time of my visit
pHAVaXRh.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT