ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Mad Men Finale

FargoHusker

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 27, 2011
Any predictions on how it ends?

I really have no idea how it will end. It could go so many ways. My only prediction is that Don will not die.

There are a lot of theories out there, one of my favorites being that Don goes back to New York and makes one last big pitch for one of the most iconic ads of the 70s:

Doesn't seem like Don has any interest in working for McCann and they wouldn't let him back. I think he's done with advertising. He'll get the news about Betty, so I imagine he'll have a heart to heart with her to talk about the future of the kids. I can see him packing up the family and going off to California. Prolly end up in the Hollywood Hills overlooking the valley with a parting shot of him eyeballing a hot, bored housewife across the fence. Don ain't gonna change his ways. We already know what the rest of them are doing.

Tough call. looking forward to the end though....been one of my favorites but it's time to go. Could see Don going off the grid completely. Will they tie in the figure falling at the beginning of each episode with the finale? Agree it won't be Don......thinking it could be Roger though. Everyone seems to be having closure except him and he's struggling with this move.

Well, it was implied, but of course Don Draper pitched one of the most influential ads of all time.

It seemed like this whole season Don was trying to shed his Don Draper identity and become Dick Whitman again. In the end though, he truly is Don Draper.

Reactions: sparky62
Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by how divisive the finale appears to have been. I really enjoyed it but there are some people who really hated it.

IMO, the biggest problem with series finales in general (especially for serial shows like Mad Men, Lost, Breaking Bad, etc.) is that people tend to go into them with their own preconceived notions/theories, and if the actual product does not match their prediction they dismiss it as an awful or unfitting ending.

Agree Fargo. Expectations always seem to be high with these types of finishes but in the end, if they have a certain amount of closure or direction for the cast memebers, I'm good with it. All except Don's were pretty cut and dry which way they were headed.....and that's the way it should be. You never knew with Don....so I liked the "implied".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT