ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looks like that Bama fan is slow to pay for those poisoned trees

F5Tornado

Senior
Jul 19, 2018
Doubt he pays a whole lot more:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27393388/bama-fan-killed-auburn-trees-not-paying-up

106276.jpg

What he did was stupid but having to pay 800,000 large is more stupid...or is it stupider?

They were trees...the significance of them was that drunk kids (that cops hated dealing with) trashed them every Saturday...

Reactions: husker2612
What he did was stupid but having to pay 800,000 large is more stupid...or is it stupider?

They were trees...the significance of them was that drunk kids (that cops hated dealing with) trashed them every Saturday...
Yeah I don't agree with the $800,000. From my understand it was 2 trees killed. At least an article said they have "replaced the trees with 2 oaks" So they are saying the cost to replace two trees is $800,000. Sounded like that is about $750,000 worth of sentimental added in their.

Yeah I don't agree with the $800,000. From my understand it was 2 trees killed. At least an article said they have "replaced the trees with 2 oaks" So they are saying the cost to replace two trees is $800,000. Sounded like that is about $750,000 worth of sentimental added in their.

Amen...I am fine with the dude getting in trouble for it, that makes sense. But I feel like this punishment was way out of line.

If I was the judge I would have done probation, no jail time, maybe some community service stuff and I guess a fine of some sorts.

This would be like someone egging a house and making them pay for a new house.

Reactions: husker2612
Amen...I am fine with the dude getting in trouble for it, that makes sense. But I feel like this punishment was way out of line.

If I was the judge I would have done probation, no jail time, maybe some community service stuff and I guess a fine of some sorts.

This would be like someone egging a house and making them pay for a new house.
Want to bet the Judge was an Auburn alum/ fan

Reactions: JohnRossEwing

That kind of cash sure ruined his retirement years..

Reactions: Baxter48
Was the punishment excessive? Maybe but oh well. He's a retired Texas trooper, I'm sure he knows all about excessive punishment. He's out walking around, too bad about his finances but apparently he can still afford to go to Alabama games so he's good.

He should have said he was protesting social issues. They would have dropped the charges and the mayor would have praised him.

And so begins the path to thread locking. How about this: he could have claimed he was clearing a space for Confederate monuments and the president would have praised him.
He should have said he was protesting social issues. They would have dropped the charges and the mayor would have praised him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT