ADVERTISEMENT

OT, I got the Rona

I agree, and we know the numbers are not 100% right either, for any country. I just don't see how one can make the cause/effect statement when the data doesn't back that up in percentages.

Maybe the outcome is more related to our diet, and number of obese people.. I'd buy that argument over the too much testing one.
I'm sure it factors in, but we don't have anything to really compare it to other than on a state by state basis. Mexico is more obese than the US, but they don't test the same way so its an impossible comparison. Looking at states, where testing should be similar, Mississippi is the least healthy state and Colorado is the most healthy state, so they should be 1st and 50th respectively in deaths per million. They arent, but one is clearly doing much better than the other. I'm sure that population density probably has something to do with that, but once again we have another variable that isnt constant so its really hard to say what the data means.

This is why it irritates me when people through out the 4% of population but 25% of the deaths thing. Its a far too simplistic narrative that is only used for a political purpose.

Im not really sure when a lack of compassion became a badge of pride.
The thing is that people who are against mask wearing don't believe they're being uncompassionate just like they don't see that wearing mask is compassionate.

Right or wrong, that is their view so to say "why are they proudly being uncompassionate" isn't really a fair statement.

Reactions: c3o
The testing is broken. PCR tests are not meant, nor were they ever meant to be diagnosis.

So every number you post is bullshit, from the go.

There's a bug every year. Some years, there's one that's a little more severe than others.

This bug is more a manifestation of the media scaring the shit out of everyone and hyperinflating flawed #s. This is propaganda, at its finest. Covid 19 has shown how many are reliant on their authorities just to navigate a virus, that even with manipulated #s from false diagnosis, has a 99.98% chance of survival if you're healthy.

As GBR posted above, 82 y/o average age of death from this pandemic. If this doesn't wake you up, I suppose nothing will. That's all you need to know.

I agree, and we know the numbers are not 100% right either, for any country. I just don't see how one can make the cause/effect statement when the data doesn't back that up in percentages.

Maybe the outcome is more related to our diet, and number of obese people.. I'd buy that argument over the too much testing one.
The best argument for the disparity of infections I've seen was from a Japanese health minister who believes that much of the Asian population is exposed to exotic Corona viruses more frequently and is carrying some cross protection due to the previous spread of one or more Corona viruses closely related to COVID. It's very difficult to compare responses across continents. There's just too many variables.

For instance, the Chinese population is over 10 years younger than the population of the U.S. One would expect given that fact that the death rate from COVID would be MUCH lower than the U.S.'s. From country to country there are multiple factors that make accurate scientific comparisons difficult. It's not as simple as "they do more testing and wear masks.".

That's because people are non thinkers. They look around and see what everyone else is doing and say I guess this is what we're doing.

I went into bakers yesterday without a mask because I didn't have one. 40 year-old stock boy stopped me and nearly had a nervous breakdown. I honestly thought he was going to cry. He told me to go to customer service and get a mask right away. I said sure thing chief. Went to the self checkout, paid for my stuff and left

Did you feel cool and tough by belittling a 40 year old with a job? Most likely a part time job to help his family, it sure sounded cool on a message board. Probably didnt even happen.

I hate these masks as much as the next guy but if I dont like the rules a business sets out then I stay away from it. You should try it instead of being a.......

As far as the guy saying he believes in science....you know that science you believe in now gives people cancer at an alarming rate.

Did you feel cool and tough by belittling a 40 year old with a job? Most likely a part time job to help his family, it sure sounded cool on a message board. Probably didnt even happen.

I hate these masks as much as the next guy but if I dont like the rules a business sets out then I stay away from it. You should try it instead of being a.......

As far as the guy saying he believes in science....you know that science you believe in now gives people cancer at an alarming rate.

How did he bully him by leaving? Did you grow up settling grievances with pillow fights?

I sometimes go out without a mask. I had one person say something and I said I had a medical exemption, the person said ok and that was it. I'll wear one when I absolutely have to but otherwise I don't.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
How did he bully him by leaving? Did you grow up settling grievances with pillow fights?

Where did I say bullying him? Reading a problem for you? By saying "ok chief" and him telling us the '40 year old stocker' he was saying it as he though the was better than him. If you cant understand that with his then not sure what to tell you.

People that give store empolyees a hard time or plain refuse to wear a mask in a store just because they dont believe in them are assholes. Do you go into stores with no shirt or shoes on just to be an asshole as well? Yeah, you probably do.

Reactions: Stlhuskers
Where did I say bullying him? Reading a problem for you? By saying "ok chief" and him telling us the '40 year old stocker' he was saying it as he though the was better than him. If you cant understand that with his then not sure what to tell you.

People that give store empolyees a hard time or plain refuse to wear a mask in a store just because they dont believe in them are assholes. Do you go into stores with no shirt or shoes on just to be an asshole as well? Yeah, you probably do.

Masks are garbage, stores are scared, that doesn't make people assholes.

Masks are garbage, stores are scared, that doesn't make people assholes.

I agree about the masks being garbage. But it is still a businesses decision to put those rules in place. Not the employees. What makes people assholes are the fact that they give employees a hard time when they are just doing their jobs. Again, if you dont like the rules a business has set then dont give them your money.

Most stores dont even say anything to you if you dont have a mask.

Reactions: egaRdeR
I agree about the masks being garbage. But it is still a businesses decision to put those rules in place. Not the employees. What makes people assholes are the fact that they give employees a hard time when they are just doing their jobs. Again, if you dont like the rules a business has set then dont give them your money.

Most stores dont even say anything to you if you dont have a mask.

most stores are faced with fines if they don’t implement. Most stores here are forcing masks out of fear

Reactions: HuskerO

Don’t worry what I do. You shouldn’t worry what he does, especially when he’s not hurting or affecting anyone. Wear your mask if you’re so worried about it. Most stores don’t care, the ones they do don’t get my money

The thing is that people who are against mask wearing don't believe they're being uncompassionate just like they don't see that wearing mask is compassionate.

Right or wrong, that is their view so to say "why are they proudly being uncompassionate" isn't really a fair statement.
The thing is the data suggests the virus is airborne and inhalation is the primary means of transmission. The data shows mask wearing mitigates spread even if it doesn’t entirely rid it. They can also reduce viral load which might reduce disease severity. It’s not up to debate over some lay-person’s beliefs or principles. These aren’t my opinions. This is the CDC’s research and guidance.

Like I said, it is what it is. I wore the same old dusty n95s everywhere I went because I knew clowns like c3o, who watched some videos on Facebook, would deny authority and be my primary risk in public. Somehow I managed not to contract it to this point. Im under 40 and have the vaccine now so I’m not really concerned that I will end up in a hospital. I’ve personally known people who have died and known young people hospitalized and still suffering from it long after illness.

Imagine what that chart would look like if it had burned through more than 25% of the population. It’s not going anywhere. At some point everyone will get this. At that point all you can hope is that you have done everything to minimize your chance of having a severe case. Good luck to all of you.

most stores are faced with fines if they don’t implement. Most stores here are forcing masks out of fear
My sister has a daycare and didn't implement a mask mandate for her business. A parent (she's assuming) reported her and the police came and told her she HAD to implement a mask mandate for her business or else she'd be fined (possibly shut down after so many fines, not sure).

Her argument was that her daycare wasn't open to the public & you have to have a door code to gain access into her building, but of course it didn't matter because she has a "Certificate of Occupancy". They really just make up rules as they go.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and c3o
The thing is the data suggests the virus is airborne and inhalation is the primary means of transmission. The data shows mask wearing mitigates spread even if it doesn’t entirely rid it. They can also reduce viral load which might reduce disease severity. It’s not up to debate over some lay-person’s beliefs or principles. These aren’t my opinions. This is the CDC’s research and guidance.

Like I said, it is what it is. I wore the same old dusty n95s everywhere I went because I knew clowns like c3o, who watched some videos on Facebook, would deny authority and be my primary risk in public. Somehow I managed not to contract it to this point. Im under 40 and have the vaccine now so I’m not really concerned that I will end up in a hospital. I’ve personally known people who have died and known young people hospitalized and still suffering from it long after illness.

Imagine what that chart would look like if it had burned through more than 25% of the population. It’s not going anywhere. At some point everyone will get this. At that point all you can hope is that you have done everything to minimize your chance of having a severe case. Good luck to all of you.
Nothing you said addressed what I was saying about people being uncompassionate.

Also, if you're under 40 and in good health, you shouldn't really have had any concern that you would end up in a hospital in the first place.

Last edited:
My sister has a daycare and didn't implement a mask mandate for her business. A parent (she's assuming) reported her and the police came and told her she HAD to implement a mask mandate for her business or else she'd be fined (possibly shut down after so many fines, not sure).

Her argument was that her daycare wasn't open to the public & you have to have a door code to gain access into her building, but of course it didn't matter because she has a "Certificate of Occupancy". They really just make up rules as they go.

In reality she should just rip the fine up. Masks are theater and governors can’t write laws with their mouth.

But I get it. I’m not saying she is wrong for complying, if she’s not ready to stand tough

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I call bullshit on that one. They can not get a job at a meat packing plant without documentation. IF there's 15% illegal aliens at meat packing plants, they are there with FAKE documentation and they are by law criminals. It is also true that if they're working in a meat packing plant, there's about a 99% chance that they've already had COVID and probably don't need the vaccine at this point.

I can tell you've never hired anybody. I have to keep on file forms for every neighbor kid who works on my farm proving their eligibility to work even though I've known them since they were babies.

In reality she should just rip the fine up. Masks are theater and governors can’t write laws with their mouth.

But I get it. I’m not saying she is wrong for complying, if she’s not ready to stand tough
She's in her mid 20s and she just bought the business in Jan/Feb 2020. I'm guessing she didn't want to deal with any aggravation or blowback for not complying.

I call bullshit on that one. They can not get a job at a meat packing plant without documentation. IF there's 15% illegal aliens at meat packing plants, they are there with FAKE documentation and they are by law criminals. It is also true that if they're working in a meat packing plant, there's about a 99% chance that they've already had COVID and probably don't need the vaccine at this point.

I can tell you've never hired anybody. I have to keep on file forms for every neighbor kid who works on my farm proving their eligibility to work even though I've known them since they were babies.

Yeah, it never happens.

Yeah, it never happens.

What they don't say in those stories is how many guys are working with fake papers. When they go in and do those raids they do them because they've run the information that the employer is required to file with the feds and find a bunch of fake documentation FROM THE WORKER, not the employer. One of my brother-in-laws employs a fair number of immigrant laborers and he's had "raids" done at his place. They come in and tell them who they're looking for and ask which facility they're at. One thing they will do is use a buddy's documentation that then shows up at different places which tips the feds off.

IF you knowingly hire illegal workers like the guy with the greenhouse by O"Neill NE did, you are going to pay dearly and may do jail time. For a small company, it will likely be serious enough to put you out of business completely.

just posting the tweet and thoughts of husker legend, hall of famer and founding father of Husker volleyball - Terry Pettit

Last edited:
just retweeting the thoughts of husker legend, hall of famer and founding father of Husker volleyball - Terry Pettit
That's fine. I'm just telling you to take those tweets and news stories with a grain of salt. There is no doubt that getting caught by the ICE as an illegal worker is tough on their families. That's what happens when you commit criminal acts. I have an immigrant in-law who jumped through all of the legal hoops to get here and she couldn't work until she got her green card and she still can't vote.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
What they don't say in those stories is how many guys are working with fake papers. When they go in and do those raids they do them because they've run the information that the employer is required to file with the feds and find a bunch of fake documentation FROM THE WORKER, not the employer. One of my brother-in-laws employs a fair number of immigrant laborers and he's had "raids" done at his place. They come in and tell them who they're looking for and ask which facility they're at. One thing they will do is use a buddy's documentation that then shows up at different places which tips the feds off.

IF you knowingly hire illegal workers like the guy with the greenhouse by O"Neill NE did, you are going to pay dearly and may do jail time. For a small company, it will likely be serious enough to put you out of business completely.

The first article shows 408/608 accused of false Social Security Identities.

Others talk about falsified paperwork.

The first article shows 408/608 accused of false Social Security Identities.

Others talk about falsified paperwork.
Yep, That's right. False information provided by employees to the employer. The feds catch that quickly and when it gets out of hand they swoop in and do a raid as they should. If there's any evidence of people knowingly employing illegals they normally eventually pay hefty fines and in some cases do jail time. One thing people need to understand that right now the federal agencies and courts are under stress right now too due to COVID. I looked online to check on my tax return and the notice, said "DO NOT CALL". The IRS says that if you mailed your returns it will take months to process them. The same is true for the courts and ICE hearings.

Last edited:
Nothing you said addressed what I was saying about people being uncompassionate.

Also, if you're under 40 and in good health, you shouldn't really have had any concern that you would end up in a hospital in the first place.

I don’t want to be sick at all. It’s killing one out of every 500 people in my age group who is diagnosed with it. I don’t know what the true denominator is, but whatever it is, I don’t want it.

Beside that point - I noted that I work with the elderly. The compassionate thing would be to look out for them.

Reactions: jmliehr
I don’t want to be sick at all. It’s killing one out of every 500 people in my age group who is diagnosed with it. I don’t know what the true denominator is, but whatever it is, I don’t want it.

Beside that point - I noted that I work with the elderly. The compassionate thing would be to look out for them.
A 75 year old friend who recently had a stem cell transplant as part of his therapy for Lymphoma, got COVID and he's become one of those long haulers I guess. He previously had a couple of heart attacks and has COPD and heart failure. THEN the last time he was in the hospital because he wasn't doing well, they discovered he had a blood glucose level of 1600. They think COVID caused him to become diabetic. I talked to him today on the phone. He's doing much better since they got his sugar level regulated but man I've known some really old sickly people who have survived COVID. Then the next mid 60s healthy guy dies from it. No rhyme or reason to it.

When you look at the 1:500 fatality rate for your age group, your odds are pretty good that you'll be fine. My wife keeps telling this old man with chronic asthma and an autoimmune disease that I would do fine if I got it....... Of course she's already had her first vaccination and I don't think would miss me all that much....:oops:

Last edited:

I can understand that, neither do I, but if I did get I very little to no concerns about my life.

No shit Sherlock. I'm sure most everyone agrees that if you have Covid you shouldn't be around the elderly.

I can understand that, neither do I, but if I did get I very little to no concerns about my life.

No shit Sherlock. I'm sure most everyone agrees that if you have Covid you shouldn't be around the elderly.

No shit, what? No shit, I shouldn’t go to work if I have a slight runny nose or a bit of congestion because it could be COVID? Or, no shit, it makes sense to wear a mask if I have those symptoms but the logic of wearing a mask in a supermarket escapes you? No shit I should trust people coming into my clinic to stay home if they have mild symptoms? Or no shit it makes sense for all patients to wear masks since old people cough all the damn time? I’m really not following your logic.

Did she ask the police what law they were there to investigate?

LMAO - "Deny authority"

What data shows mask wearing mitigates spread?

The CDC doesn't run our lives so it is up for debate. Gaddamn authoritarian socialists. We're going to have to tar and feather every one of them.

It's the most contagious virus in 100 years but 94% of the population hasn't "managed to contract it to this point" - how have you determined the people who have "managed to contract it" so far?

The average age of death is 82 years old. Spare us the "young people get it too." Young people die in much higher numbers from the flu. Btw where is the flu? Seems to be missing. Maybe they're just calling it something else?

Where's the flu?

Last edited:
No shit, what? No shit, I shouldn’t go to work if I have a slight runny nose or a bit of congestion because it could be COVID? Or, no shit, it makes sense to wear a mask if I have those symptoms but the logic of wearing a mask in a supermarket escapes you? No shit I should trust people coming into my clinic to stay home if they have mild symptoms? Or no shit it makes sense for all patients to wear masks since old people cough all the damn time? I’m really not following your logic.

No shit, you should stay home forever. Because, after all, we're all in this together. And you can't be too safe. There's just so much we don't know. If you see your family over Thanksgiving you'll spend Christmas in the ICU.

You bring up wearing a mask if you have symptoms and wearing it to the supermarket like they're a valid comparison. 🤡 🤡🤡 Where was this 24/7 mask wearing the last 50 years if it works so well?

Reactions: HuskerO

Is there an illness you have wanted?

Nevermind this. Look, over there! A new strain of wuflu!!!!

BTW, notice how high those hospitalizations were in 2017-2018? Probably had to shut down businesses and close schools. Oh wait. Nope they didn't.

Don't be naive. Meat packing plants advertise those jobs down south of the border. Along with all kinds of agriculture jobs as well. The number of illegals as a percentage is much higher. The company is involved in fraud, or a third party is providing documentation. Those companies also lobby congress to keep the illegal labor pool going, to keep their costs low.

Have you had a slight runny nose or a bit of congestion, not get tested and still gone into work being in close proximity with the elderly?

Reactions: red scowl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT