ADVERTISEMENT

OT, I got the Rona

Did someone hack your account, or is your schizophrenia kicking in again? FL is in great shape compared to most states, and we’ve been open unlike CA or NY.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsper100klast7days
Florida is routinely in the top 3-5 as far as number of new cases per day.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-06-at-9-09-51-AM.png

Have you had a slight runny nose or a bit of congestion, not get tested and still gone into work being in close proximity with the elderly?
I’m a human being living in the Midwest. What do you think? I wouldn’t have been able to work all year. I took precautionary pcr tests about every two weeks but those take 2-3 days to get results. I wouldn’t have been able to work the entire year. I suppose I never tried filing for disability - that could be on me.

Fortunately, we always had an ample supply of masks.

I’m a human being living in the Midwest. What do you think? I wouldn’t have been able to work all year. I took precautionary pcr tests about every two weeks but those take 2-3 days to get results. I wouldn’t have been able to work the entire year. I suppose I never tried filing for disability - that could be on me.

Fortunately, we always had an ample supply of masks.
Think of all the elderly you could have exposed. I'm not really sure when your lack of compassion became a badge of pride?

Don't be naive. Meat packing plants advertise those jobs down south of the border. Along with all kinds of agriculture jobs as well. The number of illegals as a percentage is much higher. The company is involved in fraud, or a third party is providing documentation. Those companies also lobby congress to keep the illegal labor pool going, to keep their costs low.
You're correct that middlemen recruit workers from Mexico and Central America. It is also true that companies facilitate getting them work papers to work legally. One of the requirements I think to legally get in to this country to work is to have a skill where there's a shortage of available labor. Some employers help prospective employees to jump through the hoops to get there. It is also true that a fair number of people forge documents to get a job. The idea that some how a company can ferret those guys out without federal help is ludicrous. Once somebody is already in the country and presents what appears to be proper paperwork to the employer, it's up to the feds to let an employer know that they're not legal.

Reactions: scarletred
lol, you sure didn't interpret that data very well, nor did the author.

Florida is a raging pile of covid compared to other places in the county. HIV too. Come on down and party.

Mmhmmm. I was there in October.

Idk if you assessment as a raging pile of covid fair as hospitals have plenty of capacity and jobs and businesses are not shut down. I also have family there.

Biden, trudeau, Boris and a bunch of other bad actors trumpet the buildback better slogan which is predicated on the Green Revolution and net zero carbon emissions in the future. Kind of scary how they are all in sync and taking their marching orders from the world Bank and WEC. Let's hope we have some politicians with enough backbone to stand up to these disastrous ideas.
We had 1. But orange man bad so...

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Florida is routinely in the top 3-5 most populated states you innumerate goof.
easy on the name calling there.. you don't have to resort to that 4th grade tactic if you have something of actual merit to say.

First of all, I would wait until a full pathology report is issued to make the determination of cause of his demise. Second of all, THIS is why I HATE the idea of them having pharmacists at HyVee giving the vaccine. There are going to be lots of reactions. This needs to be done IN a Dr.s office with a period of observation after vaccination. A DIC (disseminated intravascular reaction) of which this would sound like he had, can be triggered by a number of things but is extremely rare from an immunization. I would be suspicious that he was incubating a virus when vaccinated.

When you give a million doses per day of vaccine to people around the world, there's likely going to be somebody somewhere who has a problem. The odds of a 56 year old dying from COVID is probably a hundred thousand times greater than the risk of dying from the vaccine. Life involves risk. I'll happily get the vaccine so I can resume a normal life and go sit at a bar without fear. AND I'll take some Benadryl for a day or two before and after I get immunized. Sh## happens. Dr.s often are the worst about seeking out medical help for themselves. I know exactly what the guy that died would be saying and it would be very similar to my take. I also think he would be saying, "I should have gone and seen my internist when I didn't feel right after that vaccine". It sounds cold, but that is the way it is when you're dealing with a public health issue like this one. It's a numbers game.

Last edited:
First of all, I would wait until a full pathology report is issued to make the determination of cause of his demise. Second of all, THIS is why I HATE the idea of them having pharmacists at HyVee giving the vaccine. There are going to be lots of reactions. This needs to be done IN a Dr.s office with a period of observation after vaccination. A DIC (disseminated intravascular reaction) of which this would sound like he had, can be triggered by a number of things but is extremely rare from an immunization. I would be suspicious that he was incubating a virus when vaccinated.

When you give a million doses per day of vaccine to people around the world, there's likely going to be somebody somewhere who has a problem. The odds of a 56 year old dying from COVID is probably a hundred thousand times greater than the risk of dying from the vaccine. Life involves risk. I'll happily get the vaccine so I can resume a normal life and go sit at a bar without fear. AND I'll take some Benadryl for a day or two before and after I get immunized. Sh## happens. Dr.s often are the worst about seeking out medical help for themselves. I know exactly what the guy that died would be saying and it would be very similar to my take. I also think he would be saying, "I should have gone and seen my internist when I didn't feel right after that vaccine". It sounds cold, but that is the way it is when you're dealing with a public health issue like this one. It's a numbers game.

I agree it's a numbers game.

And for most there is no issue. But why rush a vaccine that has 10x more severe reactions for a vulnerable population that has at most a .5% of dying and overall a 99.8% survival rate?

Simply another blunder from our "experts"?

I'll happily get the vaccine so I can resume a normal life and go sit at a bar without fear.
Me too, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to matter for a very long time. Get the vaccine, fear will still be pushed that we need to keep masked up, socially distance and (partially) closed down.

so nobody's numbers are reliable.. I get that.. there likely isn't a single country on the list that has completely reliable data.. but even if you understand that the data is mangled and not 100% correct for everyone, The US still comes in at

#14 in number of deaths per million population.
#7 in total cases per million population
#20th in testing per million population
Everything else on the world of meters site we come in at #1, but because the states are grouped as 1 unit there, comparisons to other countries isn't apples to apples.

So let's look at it like this..
the US has 4.2% of the worlds population, yet nearly 25% of the number of total cases and as of yesterday, 38% of the worlds new cases, 19% of worlds total deaths, and 19% yesterdays world deaths.

If we were even close to handling this well, those numbers would be much closer to the 4.2 percent of the population that the US consists of.
The United States is near the top of the world for rates of obesity. Therein lies 80% of the problem. We're a bunch of fatties sitting around, ill equipped to fight off a virus. Very, very few healthy and fit people will have trouble with it. No one gets angry when people drop right and left from heart disease or acquire type 2 diabetes. Yet both are avoidable.

Reactions: HBK4life and WHCSC
The United States is near the top of the world for rates of obesity. Therein lies 80% of the problem. We're a bunch of fatties sitting around, ill equipped to fight off a virus. Very, very few healthy and fit people will have trouble with it. No one gets angry when people drop right and left from heart disease or acquire type 2 diabetes. Yet both are avoidable.

We're victims, victims I tell you! It's somebody's fault, just not ours, never is.

Reactions: c3o
Where did I say bullying him? Reading a problem for you? By saying "ok chief" and him telling us the '40 year old stocker' he was saying it as he though the was better than him. If you cant understand that with his then not sure what to tell you.

People that give store empolyees a hard time or plain refuse to wear a mask in a store just because they dont believe in them are assholes. Do you go into stores with no shirt or shoes on just to be an asshole as well? Yeah, you probably do.
Did someone hack your account, or is your schizophrenia kicking in again? FL is in great shape compared to most states, and we’ve been open unlike CA or NY.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsper100klast7days
I love that Florida has a governor with some backbone. Raging lunatics on the left will find every possible means to attempt to discredit him. The more time goes on, the more evidence will accrue that they are right. They're handling the virus correctly and allowing their citizens to live semi-normal lives.

The amount of destruction done to New York and California when this is all said and done will be catastrophic. It already is

I love that Florida has a governor with some backbone. Raging lunatics on the left will find every possible means to attempt to discredit him. The more time goes on, the more evidence will accrue that they are right. They're handling the virus correctly and allowing their citizens to live semi-normal lives.

The amount of destruction done to New York and California when this is all said and done will be catastrophic. It already is

Nothing to worry about for them - they got their peeps in control now and the federal money gonna be flowin like the salmon of Capistrano into those States. People helping people, what it's all about.

Did you feel cool and tough by belittling a 40 year old with a job? Most likely a part time job to help his family, it sure sounded cool on a message board. Probably didnt even happen.

I hate these masks as much as the next guy but if I dont like the rules a business sets out then I stay away from it. You should try it instead of being a.......

As far as the guy saying he believes in science....you know that science you believe in now gives people cancer at an alarming rate.
In hindsight, I probably was overly harsh with the manboy. I'm going to pick up my hazmat suit from the cleaners and march right in there and ask him to forgive me for that verbal berating I handed him. I'll probably start a GoFundMe drive to help pay for his therapy. All better?

Reactions: c3o
We're victims, victims I tell you! It's somebody's fault, just not ours, never is.

Yep it’s grocery stores fault they sell cheap carbs. If you’re poor it’s impossible to eat healthy.

Of course this statement is false, but people believe it for some dumb reason.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Nothing to worry about for them - they got their peeps in control now and the federal money gonna be flowin like the salmon of Capistrano into those States. People helping people, what it's all about.
I saw that California was going to send $600 stimulus checks to everyone in the state, legal or not.

California is broke, so how did they get the money?

Nancy Pelosi.. the rest of the country is going to pay for / bail out California and all their choices, their bankrupt policies, will be socialized among the actual citizens who had nothing to do with it.

Doctor told OP his right ear is 1" lower than his left. Told him "But thats okay, your wife's left nipple is 1" off to match".

Doctors + media should be pushing the narrative that we need to get healthier over the mask narrative.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and c3o
There is no doubt some of that going on. The vast majority of COVID deaths reported though are real. My spouse sees multiple people die every single day from COVID. I lost a 66 year old acquaintance less than 2 weeks ago and he didn't have any other problems. Good guy who had retired just a few months before from a career as a department head at a hospital. If you're young and healthy your odds are almost zero of dying from it. That doesn't mean you can't get seriously ill.
I hope you don't find this offensive, but was your friend fairly overweight? People who are, seem to be more vulnerable to this virus.

OMFG, CASES!

When the 82 years old average age of death didn't scare anyone they invented the metric of positive cases to scare everyone

People have lost their minds. Being sick isn't a right or something you're never going to have happen for you without a perfect immune system - you're going to get sick and someday you're going to have this virus.

At what point, even if this were the plague, would anyone ever want to surrender their constitutional rights and slaughter the economy as well as eliminating all small/medium size business so we don't overwhelm the health system??

OMFG, CASES!

When the 82 years old average age of death didn't scare anyone they invented the metric of positive cases to scare everyone

People have lost their minds. Being sick isn't a right or something you're never going to have happen for you without a perfect immune system - you're going to get sick and someday you're going to have this virus.

At what point, even if this were the plague, would anyone ever want to surrender their constitutional rights and slaughter the economy as well as eliminating all small/medium size business so we don't overwhelm the health system??
racist

Doctors + media should be pushing the narrative that we need to get healthier over the mask narrative.
oh no joe knows better he’ll have a 100 day mask mandate and probably close the country down again and this time all small businesses will be bankrupt so his rich leftist friends buy up the property for pennies on the dollar. Its starting already

I hope you don't find this offensive, but was your friend fairly overweight? People who are, seem to be more vulnerable to this virus.
The one who died was not the last time I saw him but he had retired and I hadn't seen him since before that. He had a history of carrying a little too much earlier in his life. Obesity is a huge problem but I just learned of a somewhat heavy 75 year old neighbor lady out near my farm who survived but she's having lingering problems and needs intermittent Oxygen.

Just because you're under 60 and in good shape don't believe that you can't die from this. Your odds no doubt are good that you'll survive but IF you're the one in a thousand that doesn't the stats don't mean much to your family.

I agree it's a numbers game.

And for most there is no issue. But why rush a vaccine that has 10x more severe reactions for a vulnerable population that has at most a .5% of dying and overall a 99.8% survival rate?

Simply another blunder from our "experts"?
The number of severe reactions from this vaccine has been very very small. Most of them are nothing more than you would expect from an influenza vaccine or the childhood immunization vaccines. A fatality is worrisome IF that is what caused it. I'm betting it was somebody who already was either incubating COVID or had it recently to have that kind of reaction. I was surprised about the way Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines are made but my spouse actually thinks the Moderna vaccine is going to be the best. She had her first dose about 12 days ago and had no adverse effects.

The vaccine was made using ALL of the same protocols they would have used in a less critical time. Each trial was run at the same time in stead of starting with small numbers of trial subjects then pausing to evaluate the study before moving on. These vaccines would have gained approval with the same trial results but it would have taken them several years to complete the approval process. I give Trump credit for pushing the federal agencies to get off their asses and get this done or we would be held hostage for this for at least another year.

ADVERTISEMENT