ADVERTISEMENT

OT Hackers Stealing our SSNs

Anyone can be scammed, large and small. A long time ago, 3 buddies and me were taking a long weekend trip from Oklahoma to Juarez. We stopped in a restaurant in Hobbs, NM. We all four had a really nice lunch before we got back on the road.

When we were getting ready to leave, one of my buddies put his wallet on the ground next to the booth where there was an older couple. So he got up, and asked the old guy, "Excuse me sir, did you happen to drop your wallet?" The old man checked and said, "No." So my buddy says, "When we get to the register I'll tell the cashier someone lost their wallet and if they come in for it, the cashier will know about where the wallet was lost, so if you just raise your hand she'll know." The old man said, "Okay."

So we get to the register and my buddy gives the cashier the ticket and says, "My grandpa is gonna pick up our check and him and grandma are sitting in that booth there." So the cashier looks, and the old man raises his hand.

Make a long story short, I imagine the restaurant comped our food that day.
There's no way this happened.
So Your buddy walked out of there without his wallet?

You might not have stolen this from the movie, but whoever you did steal it from definitely got the idea from the movie. This jeopardizes everything you post. Just admit you got duped by a buddy and tried to pass the story along as your own.

You might not have stolen this from the movie, but whoever you did steal it from definitely got the idea from the movie. This jeopardizes everything you post. Just admit you got duped by a buddy and tried to pass the story along as your own.
good catch on the story, was too busy trying to locate the dumb n dumber gif then actually paying attention. Excited for old man easy's rebuttle.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Time to revisit Brokeback Mountain?
AqJ5o2QeAcvmigBODJ.webp

And a good example of why there should be an ongoing push to "Free Jaemekon".

I can only get so much of DR vs. HH vs. Purdy. Or whether the OL will improve or not. Or why Frost & Riley sucked and took the FB program to its greatest depths. It is fun for a while but eventually I need a comic relief from all the serious message board banter. Who doesn't like a good roundabout story, or unicorn (whether a gay unicorn or not), or personal sexploits?
I hear ya. I guess enjoy the board now, it'll be troll season very soon!

I assume his buddy took the wallet and they told the old guy they would give it to the cashier

Anyone can be scammed, large and small. A long time ago, 3 buddies and me were taking a long weekend trip from Oklahoma to Juarez. We stopped in a restaurant in Hobbs, NM. We all four had a really nice lunch before we got back on the road.

When we were getting ready to leave, one of my buddies put his wallet on the ground next to the booth where there was an older couple. So he got up, and asked the old guy, "Excuse me sir, did you happen to drop your wallet?" The old man checked and said, "No." So my buddy says, "When we get to the register I'll tell the cashier someone lost their wallet and if they come in for it, the cashier will know about where the wallet was lost, so if you just raise your hand she'll know." The old man said, "Okay."

So we get to the register and my buddy gives the cashier the ticket and says, "My grandpa is gonna pick up our check and him and grandma are sitting in that booth there." So the cashier looks, and the old man raises his hand.

Make a long story short, I imagine the restaurant comped our food that day.
You're lucky those guys didn't catch wind of the scam and stuff your food full of hot peppers.

• Haha

When did I ever say my buddy gave his wallet to the old man? He told the old man he would give it to the cashier.

How the **** could I steal it from a movie that happened 22 years later? I was with 3 guys that did that in Hobbs, NM. If you don't believe me, i really dont give a fvck.

I dont need to make up or pass stories along, I've done a thing or two in 70 years buddy.

When did I ever say my buddy gave his wallet to the old man? He told the old man he would give it to the cashier.

How the **** could I steal it from a movie that happened 22 years later? I was with 3 guys that did that in Hobbs, NM. If you don't believe me, i really dont give a fvck.

I dont need to make up or pass stories along, I've done a thing or two in 70 years buddy.
I think they think that you 'stole it from a movie' because they think the movie didn't happen 22 years after your thing happened. They think your thing didn't happen at all. I'm not sure the timing of the movie has any bearing on if they think your thing actually happened. We're just hearing about your story now, conclusively after the movie happened.

Hopefully that helps. That said, I think your thing did happen.

What 7 movies have you seen?

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I think they think that you 'stole it from a movie' because they think the movie didn't happen 22 years after your thing happened. They think your thing didn't happen at all. I'm not sure the timing of the movie has any bearing on if they think your thing actually happened. We're just hearing about your story now, conclusively after the movie happened.

Hopefully that helps. That said, I think your thing did happen.

What 7 movies have you seen?
I posted that earlier, Pretty Woman, Hollywood Knights, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Weekend at Bernie's, Talledega Nights, Rain Man and A Few Good Men.

I don't see what's so hard about believing 4 young Air Force members on a road trip doing that in a city hundreds of miles from their base? After all, we were headed to Mexico. LOL

I wonder how many movie references you miss out on 🤣
I don't know and really doesn't matter Tampa. Not all 70 year olds are movie buffs or drunks.

I know dingle always says, "those are not my underwear." I didn't get that for awhile either and I DID see Rain Man, just don't have a recollection of it being in the movie, and I'll trust what he says.

@ 123 - do us a favor and go watch dumb and dumber and office space.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I've not seen, nor will I see any Jim Carrey movies since he's a Canadian and is totally against the 2nd Amendment. He doesn't need my money.

I don't do Robert DeNiro, the Rock, John Cena or any of those guys who are anti what I believe in.

My son and my adopted son have lived in Hollywood for over 20 years, they know who they really are.

If I need some laughs, I'll watch some real comedic genius's like Dangerfield, Jeselnik, Carlin.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've not seen, nor will I see any Jim Carrey movies since he's a Canadian and is totally against the 2nd Amendment. He doesn't need my money.

I don't do Robert DeNiro, the Rock, John Cena or any of those guys who are anti what I believe in.

My son and my adopted son have lived in Hollywood for over 20 years, they know who they really are.

If I need some laughs, I'll watch some real comedic genius's like Dangerfield, Jeselnik, Carlin.
Well.. can’t argue this. Probably the most based post I’ve read all year. Well done sir

Is this a Dinglefritz burner account? I kid I kid.

Well.. can’t argue this. Probably the most based post I’ve read all year. Well done sir
Wasn't really my intent, but I appreciate it. We've got some older guys on here, and no doubt many of us are set in our ways, we have some principle's on certain things, and we just aren't gonna change, and I'm not pretending to speak for any of them.

The older you get, hopefully the more independent you get, and you won't concern yourself with what others think if you take contrarian positions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT