ADVERTISEMENT

OT Hackers Stealing our SSNs

Anyone can be scammed, large and small. A long time ago, 3 buddies and me were taking a long weekend trip from Oklahoma to Juarez. We stopped in a restaurant in Hobbs, NM. We all four had a really nice lunch before we got back on the road.

When we were getting ready to leave, one of my buddies put his wallet on the ground next to the booth where there was an older couple. So he got up, and asked the old guy, "Excuse me sir, did you happen to drop your wallet?" The old man checked and said, "No." So my buddy says, "When we get to the register I'll tell the cashier someone lost their wallet and if they come in for it, the cashier will know about where the wallet was lost, so if you just raise your hand she'll know." The old man said, "Okay."

So we get to the register and my buddy gives the cashier the ticket and says, "My grandpa is gonna pick up our check and him and grandma are sitting in that booth there." So the cashier looks, and the old man raises his hand.

Make a long story short, I imagine the restaurant comped our food that day.
There's no way this happened.
So Your buddy walked out of there without his wallet?

You might not have stolen this from the movie, but whoever you did steal it from definitely got the idea from the movie. This jeopardizes everything you post. Just admit you got duped by a buddy and tried to pass the story along as your own.

You might not have stolen this from the movie, but whoever you did steal it from definitely got the idea from the movie. This jeopardizes everything you post. Just admit you got duped by a buddy and tried to pass the story along as your own.
good catch on the story, was too busy trying to locate the dumb n dumber gif then actually paying attention. Excited for old man easy's rebuttle.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Time to revisit Brokeback Mountain?
AqJ5o2QeAcvmigBODJ.webp

And a good example of why there should be an ongoing push to "Free Jaemekon".

I can only get so much of DR vs. HH vs. Purdy. Or whether the OL will improve or not. Or why Frost & Riley sucked and took the FB program to its greatest depths. It is fun for a while but eventually I need a comic relief from all the serious message board banter. Who doesn't like a good roundabout story, or unicorn (whether a gay unicorn or not), or personal sexploits?
I hear ya. I guess enjoy the board now, it'll be troll season very soon!

I assume his buddy took the wallet and they told the old guy they would give it to the cashier

Anyone can be scammed, large and small. A long time ago, 3 buddies and me were taking a long weekend trip from Oklahoma to Juarez. We stopped in a restaurant in Hobbs, NM. We all four had a really nice lunch before we got back on the road.

When we were getting ready to leave, one of my buddies put his wallet on the ground next to the booth where there was an older couple. So he got up, and asked the old guy, "Excuse me sir, did you happen to drop your wallet?" The old man checked and said, "No." So my buddy says, "When we get to the register I'll tell the cashier someone lost their wallet and if they come in for it, the cashier will know about where the wallet was lost, so if you just raise your hand she'll know." The old man said, "Okay."

So we get to the register and my buddy gives the cashier the ticket and says, "My grandpa is gonna pick up our check and him and grandma are sitting in that booth there." So the cashier looks, and the old man raises his hand.

Make a long story short, I imagine the restaurant comped our food that day.
You're lucky those guys didn't catch wind of the scam and stuff your food full of hot peppers.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT