ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Gonna have to start my quest to collect all the different lettered Blanton's bottles.

If you want a shortcut, you can buy them at the distillery, haha. Cool place, though we didn't get to do the longer tour they offer, just the basic one.

Reactions: HBK4life
Buffalo Trace is hard to find here in Lincoln. As is Blantons. And Eagle Rare. All the good stuff! :)
They're hard to find everywhere haha. I was checking out at hyvee one night and noticed behind the register a bottle of Buffalo Trace for $28. I quickly asked to buy it since I've never actually seen it in a store before and the lady said they had just gotten a shipment of 25 two days prior. The bottle I snagged was the last one of the shipment and I haven't seen anymore since. They go quick and you gotta know when the shipments are coming in lol

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
They're hard to find everywhere haha. I was checking out at hyvee one night and noticed behind the register a bottle of Buffalo Trace for $28. I quickly asked to buy it since I've never actually seen it in a store before and the lady said they had just gotten a shipment of 25 two days prior. The bottle I snagged was the last one of the shipment and I haven't seen anymore since. They go quick and you gotta know when the shipments are coming in lol
This. I got a guy who calls me whenever they get some. Shipment never lasts more than a day.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I hate these Bourbon Raffles to get you in the store and buy a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace..

I can see doing raffle for Blanton‘s or Eagle Rare but don’t hold back on people wanting to buy Buffalo Trace.😡

I hate these Bourbon Raffles to get you in the store and buy a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace..

I can see doing raffle for Blanton‘s or Eagle Rare but don’t hold back on people wanting to buy Buffalo Trace.😡
Disagree. I would love to be able to buy a bottle of Buffalo Trace. I work whenever they put the stuff out and it's gone before I could ever get me. I've since given up.

Conversely, these are my favorites.

793perph.jpg
Redbreast is kind of tasty. I haven't had it for a while. If I remember correctly it had a hint of sweetness to it. Chicken Cock is a fun one to serve to snooty guests and it's not bad.

Last edited:
Me too brother. It better be worth the hype. Winking
Blanton’s is a good bourbon, so don’t get me wrong, but it’s not worth the effort or price they charge. There are much better options at the same or lower price point. It’s a very smooth, but boring pour. Seek out Michters American Whiskey. Not a true bourbon, but an excellent smooth whiskey. It’s better, cheaper and easier to get.

Blanton’s is a good bourbon, so don’t get me wrong, but it’s not worth the effort or price they charge. There are much better options at the same or lower price point. It’s a very smooth, but boring pour. Seek out Michters American Whiskey. Not a true bourbon, but an excellent smooth whiskey. It’s better, cheaper and easier to get.
All good. I like to collect the bottles as well of the unique ones.

I cringe at spending more than $35 for a bottle. So much good stuff at/below that price point.
I was trying to think if I ever spent more than $100 on any bottle. Nope.
I started small with 2 bottles. I'll complete the collection over a few years.
I don't like to go above $4 a shot. This is north of $10. I know what's good. But I'll never know how good Blanton's is unless I'm at your place!
pQZ6QaY.png

I was trying to think if I ever spent more than $100 on any bottle. Nope.

I don't like to go above $4 a shot. This is north of $10. I know what's good. But I'll never know how good Blanton's is unless I'm at your place!
pQZ6QaY.png
Read earlier posts in this thread. Guys paying 13k for whistle pig and Pappy Van Winkle. I need to party with @rrthusker and @John_J_Rambo. Big pimping.

For those of you in the Omaha area, furniture crafted from bourbon barrels:
- Hanging barrel head shelf - $150
- Barrel head counter top caddy - $125
- Adirondack chair - $400
- Two piece camp chair - $200
- Barrel head table - $200

No website, so I can't post pics, but you can see them here:

Nice. I bet you got all the good stuff.

Liquor stores around here have every bourbon you can imagine. There are tons of small local distilleries that offer selections too. Never thought about other parts of the country not getting the selection we do until this thread.

Blanton's at retail is typically about $60-65. I really like it and have even bought the last two letters I need for the series at $110 each on secondary. That being said, there is a ton of stuff out there I like just as much if not more. Old Forester 1910 and 1920- both great at around $50. Woodford double oak at $45, Wild Turkey Rare Breed (rye and bourbon) both about $55. Woodinville Port cask finished $45, Knob Creek 12 year at $70 ish. All very available and very tasty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT