ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Baker traded to Carolina

Now they better pray Deshaun Watson isn't suspended for the year. Lol. Cleveland.
I think they must feel pretty confident it isn’t a year suspension, if it is they will be scrambling.The only other explanation is that the rip between the two sides was beyond repair even if Watson gets canned for the whole year.

I think they must feel pretty confident it isn’t a year suspension, if it is they will be scrambling.The only other explanation is that the rip between the two sides was beyond repair even if Watson gets canned for the whole year.
Ben Roethlisberger ultimately got four games for a personal conduct violation for ONE incident involving one woman. If Watson gets less than a year with 24 incidents involving 24 women, this Steelers fan is going to be pissed.

Last edited:
Now they better pray Deshaun Watson isn't suspended for the year. Lol. Cleveland.
Baker Mayfield wasn't going to play for them anyway. He's been a team killer in the past. Lord knows how bad he would have been this year. As a Steelers fan, I would have loved to see it. As it is, both parties wanted him out of there as the Browns will be paying $10.5 million of his salary and Baker will voluntarily give up as much as $18 million depending on how he plays this year and how much he plays. The Panthers are going to pay him just under five million which is more like a quality QB backups salary.

Ben Roethlisberger ultimately got four games for a personal conduct violation for ONE incident involving one woman. If Watson gets less than a year with 24 incidents involving 24 women, this Steelers fan is going to be pissed.
Might want to research Ben a little more. It was 2 incidents. One an accusation of attempted rape (woman lured to his hotel room) and the other an accusation of actual vaginal rape(woman lured into a bar bathroom)

Maybe one last one as he is packing up and leaving the stadium, telling the neighbors goodbye, leaving a forwarding address, going away party, moving van, etc. It would sell
Oh my yes… can’t see Browns doing it AT ALL!

Big Ben was accused of attempted rape , and actually rape , not really the same as what Watson is accused of.

Big Ben was accused of attempted rape , and actually rape , not really the same as what Watson is accused of.
Well I thought both were accused of "sexual assault". Not sure what exactly that weird f'er Watson did or didn't do but the number of victims should count for something. Like if he had an issue with one woman, I would think he'd get at least one game. Well, 24 women would be about a year and a half? Sounds about right.

If he is innocent, giving him the benefit the law does, how lack of common sense/dumb/beyond arrogant do you need to be to put yourself into the same/similar situations over and over and over?

The “hey I did nothing wrong so I’ll keep doing the same stuff” mindset is just wow. Assume the vast majority of the accusers aren’t truthful, what percentage are?

Cleveland to add him with full guaranteed money, 🤷🏻‍♂️ How in the hell isn’t there some clause to protect the team from an accuser coming out with the truth and he has to sit extended time/the horrific PR of giving him that much guaranteed money.

Mayfield has never struck me as a top level QB but with solid talent around, he will get into the playoffs and who knows then. He needs a defensive and running game based team to truly hit the max margins of his talents. Hope Carolina ends up a good place for him.

Without checking Carolina's schedule, and assuming Baker is healthy, he's probably good enough to get them eight or nine wins and help Rhule keep his job for one more year until they find their guy. With only 32 starting jobs in the NFL, no room for complaints by anyone although Cleveland handled the situation awful as the awful organization that they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT