ADVERTISEMENT

OL technique

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
Diaco talked about college linemen being able to move three feet beyond the the line of scrimmage on pass plays which makes it difficult to tell if the play is a run or pass. My question to the OL experts out there is Nebraska doing this with there linemen? If not, why not?

Diaco talked about college linemen being able to move three feet beyond the the line of scrimmage on pass plays which makes it difficult to tell if the play is a run or pass. My question to the OL experts out there is Nebraska doing this with there linemen? If not, why not?
No we are not. Teams like Oklahoma are killing people with it, we make our D defend it, but haven't utilized it that I have seen.

Nope. Run the ball every play is all that will ever work here. Like I have said for years, to hell with taking advantage of the rules handcuffing defenses.

No we are not. Teams like Oklahoma are killing people with it, we make our D defend it, but haven't utilized it that I have seen.
I remember seeing it a lot during the Oregon game where we were basically run blocking on a pass play. I don't know if we did it as much against NIU. From what I've seen, we have taken advantage of the rule.

The answer to your question depends upon which side of the line is scriimage you are referring.....

Reactions: headcard
On Saturday I saw run blocking push the defensive line back over 3 yards.

Then when we had the ball, our run blocking went backwards a yard.

Guessing the OL doesn't know that they can legally go past the line of scrimmage on any play whatsoever...:D

Opponents generally knock us back into the backfield before we have a chance. So this is a hypothetical question.

Kind of like how many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT