ADVERTISEMENT

Ok. Ill call it like it is.

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Martinez. No bun in the oven like the rumor suggests. The Roca Tavern alcohol crap is behind him. The getting the big head, like a immature player often does, is not behind him. It still lingers. The surgery recently, had nothing to do with his on-the -field performance. The "big man on campus" thing got to him a bit mentally.
" He wasn't 100 percent on the field, however not far off. The players have somewhat a respect for him, but not as much as other qb's on the team. Kind of thinks he is the big man on campus when he is not. Does not take the weight -lifting workouts seriously. That is why the "mostly poor" 20 pound -weight gain is mostly fat. His problem is mostly mental, due to personal reasons and high -expectations, and he expects to work it out by the time spring camp rolls around. He is getting his head on straight and expects big things in 2020. How do I know this? Don't ask questions.

""

'"

'

Last edited:
Expecting BIG things in 2000? We know what you meant. Is Chuck 003 AM??

Pt #1) I agree that it's currently not true.

Martinez not taking weight training seriously. Are you saying he's one of those that hasn't"bought in" to the culture? Should he have continued to start?

Reactions: spinner4

Martinez not taking weight training seriously. Are you saying he's one of those that hasn't"bought in" to the culture? Should he have continued to start?
Don’t ask questions!

Last edited:
Martinez. No bun in the oven like the rumor suggests. The Roca Tavern alcohol crap is behind him. The getting the big head, like a immature player often does, is not behind him. It still lingers. The surgery recently, had nothing to do with his on-the -field performance. The "big man on campus" thing got to him a bit mentally.
" He wasn't 100 percent on the field, however not far off. The players have somewhat a respect for him, but not as much as other qb's on the team. Kind of thinks he is the big man on campus when he is not. Does not take the weight -lifting workouts seriously. That is why the "mostly poor" 20 pound -weight gain is mostly fat. His problem is mostly mental, due to personal reasons and high -expectations, and he expects to work it out by the time spring camp rolls around. He is getting his head on straight and expects big things in 2000. How do I know this? Don't ask questions.

""

'"

'
seems a lot of quotes, so not sure where you got this from, but not sure if from 2000 or the original original poster meant 2020.

However, there is one part of your post that I have highlighted in bold, and that will always cause some problems on a team as far as I am concerned. Doesn't matter if it was 1960 or 2019.

It is quite possible there could be change in 2020, but who knows what will happen between then and now.

I do know that another losing season in 2020 would be a real big problem for a lot of people.

Well, I guess if he wants to do all that and not work hard and dick around, sounds like there’s another freshman stud rollin in in a couple weeks and a sophomore who everyone already has a boner for that can take his job. Sooooooo just like everything else, his choice

Well, I guess if he wants to do all that and not work hard and dick around, sounds like there’s another freshman stud rollin in in a couple weeks and a sophomore who everyone already has a boner for that can take his job. Sooooooo just like everything else, his choice

*Redshirt Freshman everyone has a boner for...

Quality gossip at this knitting circle I see. Good to see the board maintains a healthy roster of posters willing to slag on the starting QB.

Drank with someone "close to the program" last night and it was everything I suspected and nothing new. But it made a lot of sense to me at the time.Nothing I haven't heard before, but from what I was told, most of his problems are not physical but mental and there will be a pretty good QB competition this spring.
He said Martinez had a pretty "inflated opinion" of himself after last year, and it affected him. Said we was a good kid, that has to work out some problems in his head. Re-affirmed what a lot of us had already thought.

Martinez either wore the games thickest flak jacket thingy or he put on BAD weight...and lots of it. He made me want to do the Arkansas woo pig sooie call

I think the hype around him and putting on some bad weight did have a little bit to do with it. Apparently, this had been addressed and you might see a "new Martinez" in the fall. However, it remains to be seen.

Drank with someone "close to the program" last night and it was everything I suspected and nothing new. But it made a lot of sense to me at the time.Nothing I haven't heard before, but from what I was told, most of his problems are not physical but mental and there will be a pretty good QB competition this spring.
He said Martinez had a pretty "inflated opinion" of himself after last year, and it affected him. Said we was a good kid, that has to work out some problems in his head. Re-affirmed what a lot of us had already thought.

Too a point I agree with this: he read to much press clippings how great he was going to be this year after a great Freshman season...

He did gain way too much weight and made him look slower even worse he was a slow thinker in processing decisions on whether to pass or tuck it and run...

We also don’t know if Verduzco put too many things into his head because he always zeroed in one receiver on passing downs...

It’s up to Frost and Verdzco to determine in the spring if 2AM or Luke McCaffery will be leading this team in the fall..

I’m not ruling out Smothers but he will be a true Freshman and will have more competition than 2AM had coming into the program...

Crap. I was just getting ready to ask questions until I saw the last line.

Now what do I do?
You just sit there and take it as gospel because thats what chuck said...

Look chuck if you don’t want questions and you don’t want us thinking you’re a total quack job then you should probably back hour statements up with how you “know” these things... until then for all we know it’s pure speculation... and by starting with the injury had nothing to do with his performance tends to tell me it is pure misguided speculation... you can’t tell me an injury has nothing to do with affecting performance

Don’t ask questions!
Heard he has in fact bought into the culture. He also bought into what the media and fans said about him after last season. Might be a little worried about Mccaffrey breathing down his neck a little bit. Just what I was told and suspected from the get-go. The kid needs to get his mind right more than anything.

Heard he has in fact bought into the culture. He also bought into what the media and fans said about him after last season. Might be a little worried about Mccaffrey breathing down his neck a little bit. Just what I was told and suspected from the get-go. The kid needs to get his mind right more than anything.

Not surprised he's worried about McCaffrey. The coaches had glowing things to say about him in the spring and he made things happen in his limited game action this season.

If the QB competition is a real one, we are going to have a very good starter next season, whoever it is.

QB is my biggest question mark on the offense. Wandale, JD, Manning, Betts, and the young guys should be more than enough at WR. TE are serviceable, if not great. Should be fine at RB with Mills, Rahmir, and Scott. OL all returns and it may improve with Bryce taking over at OT.

The really good teams all have really good QB play. If we had had it this past year, we likely go 9 and 3.

Reactions: timnsun
Thank you for clarifying where you were coming from, it makes a world of difference with how things are perceived... now without names as I know you don’t want to name your sources but how “close” to the program is this person? Former player with access? Current player? Donor? One of the coaches? Someone in the athletic department? I ask because a lot of the time with how people are regarded within the locker room only the players and coaches will really know and everything else is still purely speculation... I think a lot of what you listed is possible and or likely but I still take issue with the injury not affecting his performance at all... injuries will affect performance it affects running out of bounds vs staying in to get another yard, it affects staying in the pocket vs scrambling, and it will affect accuracy as well..

Edit: after re reading this post I realize it may come off as me being condescending, however that is not my intent... I wouldn’t want to name any of my sources as well as that would probably affect the likely hood of ever getting further inside info... and l honestly am just trying to research to see I guess how much stock to put into what was said so that’s why I was wondering about how close to the program and what his ties were

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck003
You just sit there and take it as gospel because thats what chuck said...

Look chuck if you don’t want questions and you don’t want us thinking you’re a total quack job then you should probably back hour statements up with how you “know” these things... until then for all we know it’s pure speculation... and by starting with the injury had nothing to do with his performance tends to tell me it is pure misguided speculation... you can’t tell me an injury has nothing to do with affecting performance
I'm not saying the injury did not play a part in this. From what i was told, it was a small factor in his performance this year. I heard it from a very reliable source who likes to have a couple of beers at Tanners in south Lincoln from time to time. I wouldn't post this crap just for the fun of it. I'ts not groundbreaking news or anything, so believe it or not, I don't give a rats ass either way.

QB is my biggest question mark on the offense. Wandale, JD, Manning, Betts, and the young guys should be more than enough at WR. TE are serviceable, if not great. Should be fine at RB with Mills, Rahmir, and Scott. OL all returns and it may improve with Bryce taking over at OT.

The really good teams all have really good QB play. If we had had it this past year, we likely go 9 and 3.
Agree 100%.

One of the tell tale signs about that position is how you handle pressure.

1. A guy comes in when his number is called, and can make it happen.
  2. A guy can come in and give it a solid attempt, may come up empty or not, or even lucky.
  3. A guy can come in and fold under the pressure, resulting in something bad happening. turnover, gets someone hurt, gives up a pick six, whatever it is.

If you rank what we currently have based on putting guys in those 3 slots, your depth chart becomes pretty clear.

Reactions: Chuck003
One of the tell tale signs about that position is how you handle pressure.

1. A guy comes in when his number is called, and can make it happen.
  2. A guy can come in and give it a solid attempt, may come up empty or not, or even lucky.
  3. A guy can come in and fold under the pressure, resulting in something bad happening. turnover, gets someone hurt, gives up a pick six, whatever it is.

If you rank what we currently have based on putting guys in those 3 slots, your depth chart becomes pretty clear.
How does it become so clear when you have a QB that has started majority of snaps (got it you place him in the 3, and per your classification Fields is in that category as well)
One that has played very limited snaps (assuming you’re putting him in the 2 position)
And one that hasn’t even got on campus (so maybe you’re putting him at 2 with LM at 1.. or not ranking him at all and putting Vedral in at 2 and LM at on)

either way you shake it there are three QBs that you’re ranking with little to no experience, I know you’re hell bent of expressing your diss like for 2AM but you can not be serious in saying the Depth chart becomes clear when you don’t know what you really have from 3 of the 4 kids you’re listing

Who let Bill Moos go to to Tanner’s again?!

How does it become so clear when you have a QB that has started majority of snaps (got it you place him in the 3, and per your classification Fields is in that category as well)
One that has played very limited snaps (assuming you’re putting him in the 2 position)
And one that hasn’t even got on campus (so maybe you’re putting him at 2 with LM at 1.. or not ranking him at all and putting Vedral in at 2 and LM at on)

either way you shake it there are three QBs that you’re ranking with little to no experience, I know you’re hell bent of expressing your diss like for 2AM but you can not be serious in saying the Depth chart becomes clear when you don’t know what you really have from 3 of the 4 kids you’re listing
I have not even watched Fields play this year, so I can't really comment on that. I wasn't including Smothers either. (thus the part on ranking what we currently have).

I would say Luke did exactly what he needed to do when his number was called, and all of Husker Nation saw it. He came in, threw that TD pass that the starter could not. I rank him #1, because in that moment of pressure, he did it, proved he could do it.

I absolutely liked watching how the offense ran under Noah. It was like a machine. I had never seen tempo like that out of them, and it looked like a completely different animal that day. Granted Noah may or may not be able to always make it happen when the pressure is on, but he gives it a solid effort every time. He made the others around him better too. I have nothing but major respect for that guy.

Then you have Adrian. I think his first year, he flirted with being a guy that could do #2, but never saw him bow up to a challenge and defeat it. He's had lots of moments where he could show he could do that under pressure, and didn't. We all sort of gave him a pass, as he was a true freshman.

This year, we saw him slip into #3 type of slot. Often hurting the team more than helping. I personally don't think it has anything to do with an injury or weight or even mental types of things. I just believe it has more to do with his personality type. Some guys are ultra competitive, and I don't believe Adrian is like that.

We will see what all happens, but even if Adrian gets his mojo back to looking more like year 1, he still only sits in the #2 slot for me because he still has yet to prove he can handle the pressure and make it happen.

Luke has already achieved that, with very few reps as you pointed out.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Maybe I missed it but I hardly ever see players defending Martinez or helping him up off the ground.He is the QB.

I could be nitpicking.

Reactions: vs540husker
So it doesn’t make sense that the injuries he had off season surgery to address effected his play, but it makes sense that he no longer knows how to play QB, because he is too full of himself? OK...

Honestly, I just hope whatever it is, gets addressed. I think AM has the highest upside and we are much more likely to be a good team with him playing well at QB than anyone else.

So it doesn’t make sense that the injuries he had off season surgery to address effected his play, but it makes sense that he no longer knows how to play QB, because he is too full of himself? OK...

Honestly, I just hope whatever it is, gets addressed. I think AM has the highest upside and we are much more likely to be a good team with him playing well at QB than anyone else.
Dude needs a reset. Competition is there and getting tighter. Someone will emerge.

Must have been talking about Eric Crouch.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I have not even watched Fields play this year, so I can't really comment on that. I wasn't including Smothers either. (thus the part on ranking what we currently have).

I would say Luke did exactly what he needed to do when his number was called, and all of Husker Nation saw it. He came in, threw that TD pass that the starter could not. I rank him #1, because in that moment of pressure, he did it, proved he could do it.

I absolutely liked watching how the offense ran under Noah. It was like a machine. I had never seen tempo like that out of them, and it looked like a completely different animal that day. Granted Noah may or may not be able to always make it happen when the pressure is on, but he gives it a solid effort every time. He made the others around him better too. I have nothing but major respect for that guy.

Then you have Adrian. I think his first year, he flirted with being a guy that could do #2, but never saw him bow up to a challenge and defeat it. He's had lots of moments where he could show he could do that under pressure, and didn't. We all sort of gave him a pass, as he was a true freshman.

This year, we saw him slip into #3 type of slot. Often hurting the team more than helping. I personally don't think it has anything to do with an injury or weight or even mental types of things. I just believe it has more to do with his personality type. Some guys are ultra competitive, and I don't believe Adrian is like that.

We will see what all happens, but even if Adrian gets his mojo back to looking more like year 1, he still only sits in the #2 slot for me because he still has yet to prove he can handle the pressure and make it happen.

Luke has already achieved that, with very few reps as you pointed out.
Nikki I will say this, you and I may not see 2AM the same way but I always appreciate the civil debates that you provide... being able to rationally state your view on things and read and comprehend what other lady say is very much appreciated...

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT