ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Identity

What is our offensive identity? What are we trying to do?

It took me one series to see that Indiana is an inside zone rpo team. What do we try to do? So many looks it seems incoherent.

giphy.gif

What is our offensive identity? What are we trying to do?

It took me one series to see that Indiana is an inside zone rpo team. What do we try to do? So many looks it seems incoherent.
We’re a pro style pass first offense that won’t commit to running the ball. We get stuffed once and we wave a white flag.

We don’t have one
It’s an absolute ****ing joke and infuriating. We are in year two, our coach’s strength is preaching to the media, and the team comes out and is cooked from the get-go.

Rhule is the ****ing care salesman who convinces you that you need heated seats in Arizona. He literally preaches about winning the trenches and the running game winning ugly games in this conference, then sends our QB (who ISN’T a threat to run a QB draw) into the shotgun on 3rd and inches. If you’re going to talk a physical pro-style game, stop with the patty-cake bullshit, screen passes to our slow TE, and COMMIT to SOMETHING.

We need to be able to establish a running game first and foremost. I HATE the fact that we can’t figure out a 1/2 RB rotation. We need one or two guys to give the ball to/establish some rhythm. Playing four guys is a disaster. Nobody gets in rhythm and we abandon the run at first blink. I realize we recruited a big time QB. He’d be a LOT better if we could actually establish a run game.

You can watch a majority of the teams and tell by the first two possessions what their offense is. Satterfield's........no one knows, not even that idiot! All he wants to do is out fancy the opponent and fails so miserably. The sooner he's gone and a real OC who has an actual offensive scheme comes in, we're going to keep seeing the same garbage every week.

You can watch a majority of the teams and tell by the first two possessions what their offense is. Satterfield's........no one knows, not even that idiot! All he wants to do is out fancy the opponent and fails so miserably. The sooner he's gone and a real OC who has an actual offensive scheme comes in, we're going to keep seeing the same garbage every week.
Agree. Sat is a real problem. He was being run out of town at SC until his last two games at SC. Literally every friend I have down here that went to South Carolina texted me and thanked us for taking him away.

Reactions: cornwoman
Agree. Sat is a real problem. He was being run out of town at SC until his last two games at SC. Literally every friend I have down here that went to South Carolina texted me and thanked us for taking him away.
the money h s making would attract a lot of top OC candidates. Go hire South Dakota State’s for half of that.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Satterfield and Foley will be Rhule's Cosgrove.

The way Raiola is struggling we better line up in heavy sets every play and just hand off to run clock against OSU. If we come out chucking it again I’ll puke.
This is unfortunately not something our offensive brain trust believes in or knows anything about

Reactions: Dylman
It’s an absolute ****ing joke and infuriating. We are in year two, our coach’s strength is preaching to the media, and the team comes out and is cooked from the get-go.

Rhule is the ****ing care salesman who convinces you that you need heated seats in Arizona. He literally preaches about winning the trenches and the running game winning ugly games in this conference, then sends our QB (who ISN’T a threat to run a QB draw) into the shotgun on 3rd and inches. If you’re going to talk a physical pro-style game, stop with the patty-cake bullshit, screen passes to our slow TE, and COMMIT to SOMETHING.
When you are a shitty .500 coach in the college ranks and talk a mean game, but hasn't proven shit in 12 years of coaching, you have Matt. Tulane, Baylor, the Panthers? He builds. Builds what? His gut? His lazy unshaven face? When the clown was hired in the first place, I laughed my ass off. I am still laughing 2 years later. Screw him and his high-school coaching staff. No surprise here. Wait until next year if you want to see something really funny.

Reactions: Dylman
When your running game entails doing a mesh handoff 5 yards behind the LOS with no threat of any RPO or QB run, it is pretty hard to establish any type of run game..
Definitely. Can we put DR behind center? Use more traditional play action? Even what little run game we do use, it doesn't seem to have any identity.

In Sat’s mind he thinks a team with no identity will be harder to gameplan and defend against. If we don’t know what we are doing how will they figure it out.

Don’t forget the Callahan offensive strategy at OU and run the play clock down to 1-2 seconds before snapping the ball.
"Pound the rock, baby." Keep the clock running and the score as low as possible. Callahan did the same thing against USC. Down four TDs, run the ball up the middle three times and punt. Back in those days, just a few years removed from playing for championships, I used to get more upset about outcomes than I do now.

Reactions: TFrazier
We need to be able to establish a running game first and foremost. I HATE the fact that we can’t figure out a 1/2 RB rotation. We need one or two guys to give the ball to/establish some rhythm. Playing four guys is a disaster. Nobody gets in rhythm and we abandon the run at first blink. I realize we recruited a big time QB. He’d be a LOT better if we could actually establish a run game.
The best way to support a young QB is with a good running game. But teams have figured out a plan for defending Raiola and this offense. Apparently they are keying on the RB and not even worrying about Raiola as a running threat. That's a big problem when you are running out of shotgun formation with only one RB back there.

Reactions: brnred
"Pound the rock, baby." Keep the clock running and the score as low as possible. Callahan did the same thing against USC. Down four TDs, run the ball up the middle three times and punt. Back in those days, just a few years removed from playing for championships, I used to get more upset about outcomes than I do now.

I used to let games bother me for days. Once the game ended yesterday it was in the rear view mirror. I guess I have matured. Winking

Best post so far!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT